Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Cheri

The Glittering Apple Of The Stars

Heirloom Malus, ylang ylang, white and blue musks, crystallized vanilla, tiare, frangipani, and bergamot.

From bottle: yum yum, apple. Very fresh, dry sweet feminine apple scent. Fresh, aquatic, not really floral on me, soft and pretty. Love it!

This is just gorgeous. Fresh, sweet, light, and almost etherial. As it dries down, it turns to a musky vanilla, but I still detect traces of the apple. The scent is almost... crystalline, if that makes sense. I can definitely see where the glitter from the titles comes from. It's beautiful and feminine, but in a really surprising way. I may have to get a bottle of this one.

On wet I smell apple and sweet, delicate florals but with a brightness (sparkliness) I assume is brought about by the bergamot.

As it dries the vanilla is just detectable with the musks just appearing on the periphery. After a few hours the musks and vanilla are front and centre wtih the apple backing them up. :yum:

This is a lovely, sweet (but not in a cloying way), light scent and a wonderful whim purchase as usually the Lab's apple notes don't work on me. It remains close to the skin, lasting several hours but fades by the end of the day. I will definitely use up the decant and if I could get my hands on a bottle I would wear this often!

What?? I can't believe this has escaped my attention for ~6 months! It's gorgeous apple a la Agape and vanilla and a bit of a perfumey edge. I don't smell ylang ylang at all, which is a relief. It smells a little tropical to me, which must be the tiare. Love this.

Bottle: Apple slices.

Wet: The freshest apple I can ever imagine. Like I'd just bitten into it. Definitely a sweet, juicy apple.

Drying: The apple is blending with the flowers, which aren't fully center stage but definitely getting there. I love the Lab's white and blue musk so it makes a perfect stage for the other notes. The vanilla isn't strong, but it is there, sort of like the curtains, if we keep up this theater metaphor.

Dry: Definitely a winner. The apple and florals mix together in the most wonderful way. The vanilla has come out to play as well to make this magical, and gets stronger and stronger.

Verdict: Oh, I am so glad I hunted this one down. This is absolutely amazing.

Edited by SlySionnach

whoa! major scent memory ahoy! when i opened glittering apple, i got a blast of the crispest, juiciest apples pressed into the freshest, crispest, most delicious apple cider on a crisp autumn day with blue skies and red leaves. it reminds me of a childhood visit to an apple orchard, a specific orchard i visited with my mom, on a park district or preschool-organized trip? i remember other little kids, a bus, my mom and the crisp fall day, the apple trees and the big warm building where they sold cider by the jug and apple cider donuts. and i haven't even put it on yet!

this apple is so juicy and sweet-tart that i swear i can taste it.

when it hits my skin… oh my deliciousness. delicious, fresh, CRISP apple (how many times can i use "crisp" in one review? i don't care, fall is the crispiest and most delicious of seasons and this is the crispiest and most delicious of apple notes), softened by gentle musk and vanilla. it is so lovely and soft and sweet. a juicy apple, a cup of tea, soft perfume, a beautiful autumn day.

it's way more "perfumey" than most blends i like- that's not a bad thing, and i'm not comparing it to a commercial perfume. but i usually go for things that smell like things- incense, dirt. this is a beautiful afternoon distilled into perfume. it makes me long for september, october and november. gorgeous.

Edited by porcelina

You've been forewarned about my crazy skin....

On my skin? Pineapple. Sugary yummy pineapple. All the way. It's all I can smell! Wrong kind of apple, skin! The drydown is lovely though, and I start to get those musks. By the end of the wear it's a sweet, dry musk. Just lovely!

A light, ethereal apple backed by soft florals and a kick of vanilla. This one has potential! The apple faded almost immediately, leaving a lovely floral with vanilla undertones. These are florals that I like and I feel rather pretty in this but I don't know that I need more than my partial decant as I doubt I'd wear it much.

I had got an imp of this, but never managed to order it when it was out, but I always secretly loved it, and was so happy when I found it on one of my favorite seller's sales thread.

This is the first apple I ever loved, fresh and I would say green, with a sparkly soft background... :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Kind of a musky apple. Usually apple scents smell like shampoo of the Pert Plus variety, but I quite like this. This is fresh, slightly fruity, a bit tart and musky. I could swear there's amber here, as amber smells quite distinctive on my skin. And yes, I get the Agape comparison, though this is muskier. I'll have to keep my eye out for more of this!

A dry, slightly vanilla apple musk with a hint of bergamot. It's light, fragile, and absolutely gorgeous. It doesn't have much throw on me, but that means I'll just have to track down more for re-application - it's worth it. :smilenod:

In the imp: Light apple.

Wet on skin: Well, the bergamot's definitely showing up on my skin. I don't hate it, but I don't like it as much as the apple, and it seems to clash a bit.

Dried down: Hmmmm, this is turning more bergamot on me than apple, and I was hoping for some vanilla. Which I'm getting on the throw, a bit, but not from my wrists.

Throw: This has a nice light vanilla throw on me, which I'm enjoying.

Verdict: *** Not bad, but I think I'd prefer something a little stronger on the vanilla up close, as well as from afar. I think I'll pass on this one.

Glittering Apple of the Stars

In the Bottle: Green apple and white musk

Wet: I’m mosting getting tart green apples from this. It kind of smells like SGA without so much the white soft snow note. It’s chilly, crystalline and made bright from the white musk, and even though the description reads crystalline vanilla, I don’t get any creaminess nor anything vanllic from this. the apple is gradually getting juicier on my skin, but sadly still no vanilla.

Drydown: Ok, so the drydown does bring out the vanilla. Only I can barely even call it vanilla... it just smells like the white meat of a creamy white apple. The florals in this aren't strictly present, but I know they are there because it's not purely apple, vanilla and musk.

TL;DR: Slightly creamy, crystalline white apple against a faint white floral backdrop.

A very soft apple scent. It's kind of as if someone made a mildly sweet apple whip cream. It's not candy sweet or anything, just a little bit sugary with cream and apple. Something in this is also going a touch soapy on me, so it also resembles an apple shampoo. At least it's a really high-end shampoo, but I can't shake it from my mind. I'm sure this will b wonderful for someone, but it's not for me.

Pretty sure the ylang ylang and vanilla are making this super "apple hard candy" for me. A halloween candy at that. Cute, creamy, but has a musky, dusky undertone.

I may have reviewed this before under my first screenname which I've long forgotten, but this scent is a gorgeous, glittery apple. It is my favorite apple blend ever, so much so that I compare all other apple blends to this and not many have contended with it except Caramel Apple Cookie.

*That all being said*, sadly the glittery bright top notes have twinkled out considerably over the years. Wish I had known and used this up quicker. It is still quite lovely, but a much more subtle, sweet, floral apple and fades fast now. If you own this, I recommend using it up soon. I will try lightly shaking it up a bit, but IMHO, this is a blend that should return every or every other Halloween so we can still enjoy the glorious beauty that is The Glittering Apple of The Stars. 

Weird random note* Years ago when this was newer I saw I think a pinball game that literally had a glittering apple of the stars on it. Lol I wish I remember which game it was!

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Wet: Apples, tiare, and musk. This smells like a fancy apple perfume. A distinct "crystalline" quality to it.

Dry: Slightly sweet, musky, crystalline apples. Very faint, but it's incredibly lovely when you catch a whiff of it.

Most apple scents tend to take the potpourri route on my skin, but not this one! :D 

Was frimped a decant of this in a sale earlier this year and remembered to test it before autumn's over. It's a pretty, light mix of crisp, fresh apple, florals, and light musks. One set of notes never quite overtakes the other -- I kept expecting the florals to overpower the apple, but they're balanced really well, with little morphing. Definitely has a kind of crystalline quality to it.