Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Cheri

The Glittering Apple Of The Stars

Heirloom Malus, ylang ylang, white and blue musks, crystallized vanilla, tiare, frangipani, and bergamot.

When this is wet on my skin, I get a very crisp apple, and not really much else. This is extremely faint on me. I slathered it on my wrist, and I'm not getting much out of it. After a minute or so, I can definitely pick out the ylang ylang, and the bergamot is present but faint. The vanilla makes an appearance as well. I'm not sure about the rest of the notes. After five minutes, I'm having to practically put my wrist into my nose to smell this. This does not bode well for the longevity of this perfume on my skin. After 10 minutes, it's all but gone. I'm getting a very faint hint of bergamot, ylang ylang, vanilla, and apple. My skin totally ate this by the fifteen minute mark. It's not the fastest disappearing BPAL on my skin (that honor goes to Nothing Gold Can Stay), but it's not worth keeping, although it is beautiful. I already have a couple of scent locket-only smells that I barely wear at all.

Sniff: Very light, smells like fresh cut apple slices!

Wet: Florals arrive! I can still detect the apple, ripe and juicy, but it's mixed with white flowers. While it doesn't seem "glittering" to me, the bergamot brings a brightness that is refreshing and elevates the tart flavor of the apples. Ylang ylang has a strong presence and works very nicely with the musks to create a gentle wispy blend. It's very pretty and not too sweet.

Dry: This dries to a beautiful light musk with lovely hints of flowers and vanilla. It feels a bit tropical at this stage. It's quite faint when dry, but the musks are gorgeous, very warm and soft. This reminds me of Moonshine and Mist (one of my favorite white musks ever!) only with a touch more sweetness and clarity.

I love this when I first put it on. It's like freshly sliced, delicately sweet, juicy apples laying over a beautiful, smooth blue musk and cool, creamy vanilla. And then after about ten minutes, the white musk comes out and it turns into a sharp, dry, perfumey mess. The apple disappears and the vanilla drowns under the sharp musk. And the whole thing only lasts about a half hour on me.

I don't think that any of the apple scents are keepers for me, but this one starts off great and then breaks my heart :(

When freshly applied, this is all crisp, juicy green apple, evocative of the slices I eat for lunch most days. On the drydown it is much more complex, though after about ten minutes the blue musk makes it smell identical to Under the Harvest Moon.

Beautiful musk and vanilla with apple. Reminds me of Snow White. Then the florals get all shrill and high-pitched and take over. Florals and musk battle it out.

Just got a decant of Silver Apple of the Moon and Green Apple of Venus from Catseyes Happy Halloweenies circle--thanks chickie :wub2: Since I now have either decants or bottles of all the "Apples", I decided to test four of them today and now am covered in appley goodness LOL!!

I bought a bottle of Glittering Apple of the Stars (along with Black Apple of Saturn and Golden Apple of the Sun) unsniffed in my Weenie Order of Doom (well, for me anyway) but was waiting to test it until I got decants of the last two Apples. So here I am ;)

In the Bottle: Oh, my. Fresh, ripe, juicy & crisp apple--I've never had an Heirloom Malus apple so I can't speak to that but it's reminding me of something like a Honeycrisp or Fuji--just a tiny bit of spiciness to the apple. Wow. Also I can pick out the vanilla (it's a sugar-coated sort rather than a creamy vanilla) and lush florals (tiare, frangipani, ylang ylang). It is beautiful and not sickeningly sweet. I can't wait to get it on my skin.

Wet on Skin: As it is warmed by my skin the apple opens up and the bergamot floats to the top, giving it a citrusy and slightly bitter edge that keeps the blend from being too sweet. The musks also seem to ground the florals and my overall impression is...seductive, in a somewhat artless or innocent way. I am reminded of Yvaine when I get a whiff of this wafting up from my wrist--the character, as I've not had the pleasure of smelling the BPAL version.

Dry on Skin: The dry phase reminds me somewhat of The Girl, though I believe the only common note is "white/pale musk" (maybe) and ylang ylang. Although I suppose the white florals could be counted as a common theme also. In any case it is ethereally beautiful and otherworldly enticing; the apple note never goes plastic or sharp and the florals remain in balance with the musk and vanilla. Throw is moderate so I can definitely slather with impunity and it lasted a good 8-10 hours before fading to a soft sweet incensey skin scent. It is gorgeous and may be my favorite of the Apples, though I have yet to skin-test the Golden Apple of the Sun. This one may be hoard worthy for me. :love!:

Edited by rivercitylizzy

I also detect a slight resemblance to Snow White in the beginning phases. It has that high-pitched (almost like scotch tape to me?) white floral ensemble thing going on at first, but that's where the similarities end. After 30 minutes or so, the white florals disappear and I'm left with a rich vanilla musk on my skin. The throw is not very strong but I catch warm vanilla-laced wisps every now and again. It's quite nice and unobtrusive...definitely bottle-worthy for me :)

ETA coherent sentences :P

Edited by kirbymonk

In tester: sweet, fruity green apple! It's almost syrupy-sweet. It's a "white" scent, even if it's a green apple. Fabulous.

Wet on skin: sweet, sugary apple. So, so pretty and so, so nice. I think I can get the ylang ylang and the tiare, but they aren't front and center. Very well blended, the notes meld together well and nothing is overpowering over the others. Crystalline, sweet, sugary apple.

Dry: sweet, sugary apple. Syrupy and crystalline, at the same time, and while I usually dislike syrupy-sweet scents, and highly druity scents, this doesn't tip over on to those categories, even though this is definitely on the syrupy fruity side of things. Love! Crisp, beautiful, crystalline.

Verdict: keeper! Lovely.

I decided to seek out a decant of this based on some comparisons made to Snow White and Snow Glass Apples. Glittering Apples doesn't not remind me of either scent, alas, but its very pretty anyway. It starts off with a rich apple note that smells a bit like yellow apples with a hint of floral (mostly the ylang-ylang). As it dries, the apple and florals fade and it dries down to a clear musk with a hint of vanilla and bergamont. Its a soft scent and doesn't last long.

I wish I got a bit more tiare and vanilla from this scent, but its still lovely as it is and I'll be hanging on to my decant.

very effervescent and pretty. Nice amount of sweet and fruity, not too overwhelmingly apple. very nice!

I really didn't think there would ever be an apple perfume I loved, having had bad experiences with every one I've sniffed and then making the ill-advised decision to put my imp of Punkie Night into my dog's industrial-size bottle of unscented conditioner. SO tired of my dogs smelling like a craft store in autumn.. anyway.

But now I have two (crushing on Silver as well as Glittering)!

In the bottle and wet: Crisp (maybe the bergamot gives it that citrus-y tang?) green, floral apple.

Dry: Musks and vanilla become more prominent, florals endure, apple tones down a lot but is still detectable.

I do not find this at all similar to Snow White which is a favorite, except the general 'mood' of the scent (light, refreshing, ethereal).

In bottle: Sweet, pale, fleshy apples.

Wet: A tangy curl of apple peel surfaces before the florals waft up. Musky, misty blooms, light and silky. The bergamot does something wonderful to the white flowers, brings out a different side. The vanilla is brittle, not too sweet, and really does seem to glimmer.

Dry: The apple fades into a juicy blue & white cloud of musk, leaving the drydown a galaxy's worth of airy vanilla florals. Stunning.

Verdict: I hoped from the description this would be incredible- I ordered just a half-decant at first, then quickly decided to go ahead & spring for a half-bottle. Best move of my Weenie order! (I did the same thing with Sonnet D'Automne, with similar results) Overall Glittering Apple is a reserved yet alluring floral, with just a bit of fruit & the barest hint of gourmand quality. Subtle enough to wear regularly, compelling enough to keep its appeal. Suffice it to say I'm in love, head over heels.

Edited by braybrigade

This is such a sweet apple in the vial kissed with gentle florals. Oddly enough, once I apply the Glittering Apple to my skin, it shifts years and goes slightly dry, although overall, it still remains sweet and floral. The Glittering Apple has surpassed my expectations, as the ylang ylang kind of scared me. There is something very crystalline about this. Very nice!

Can I just say I'm utterly in love with this scent? :wub2: I didn't expect to adore it so much and only got a half an imp. It is so fantastic I am considering ordering from the lab just for a bottle of this. Gorgeousness!

I agree with opinions that it could somewhat be the lovechild of Snow White/SnowGlassApples. It also reminds me of The Girl. A soft appley scent with shimmering musks and a bit of ylang ylang. I am very impressed with the throw it has, but because it is so soft it is not cloying or overpowering. Only lasts a few hours, but it is worth it and I don't mind reapplying to smell this lovely. I like smelling like a glittering apple...I feel like one of those pretty apple Christmas ornaments covered in gemstones. :wub2:

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: This is the one that screamed "BOTTLE!" at me when I first looked at the Weenie offerings. But I was a good girl and got everything in a decant circle first. Usually blue and white musk don't amp horribly on me and I was thrilled to find tiare in a potentially good scent minutes after seeing it in a scent with some of my death notes.

In the vial: Bright and sparkling, sweet and floral, and very very apple.

Wet: Very chilly and crisp apple with an undertone of the musks. So far so good, though I want more floral.

Drydown: The flowers do indeed bloom and the vanilla sweetens it all up beautifully. It sparkles and glitters just like its name.

Verdict: Bottle!!!!! Possibly two if I think I can justify the budget.

Simply the most beautiful entry in this year's Halloween update, for me.

I get gorgeous, yellow apples, unobtrusive musks, and achingly lovely florals (frangipani, ylang ylang). The vanilla is so warm and attractive, and the bergamot is making my heart swoon.

This strikes me as Viva La Juicy done right. It's very sweet and succulent and I could go on.

The overall impression this scent is giving me once it hits my skin is warm, bubbling apple that's still crispy and juicy.

Completely bottle worthy. This will be in my Top Ten scents. It's amazing.

Edited by Rho

In Imp: Oh, the notes sound fabulous. I'm not sure what type of apple Malus is, but tiare, crystallized vanilla, and white musk are some srs win for me! *sniff* Mmmm, bright, effervescent, *glittering* scent with a well rounded soft bergamot finish. I'm excited, I really hope this does as good on skin!

Wet: Mmmm, sweet yumminess. The apple fills out more on my skin. I can make out a brightness that I believe is tiare; a little bit of the sharpness of frangipani... and the musks in this are *marvelous*, soft sensual musks.

Drydown: Yum. It's a little more traditional perfume once it's drying, but still a great, bright scent.

Verdict: This is a delightful, bright, bubbly, energetic blend. I think this would be fabulous all year round. Damn, just when I thought I'd be getting away from the Weenies without much more bottle damage.... ;) 3.5/5

This is more like it! Definitely glittering, it reminds me of seeing the edge of the Milky Way from an uninhabited mountain top. Cool but not cold. Soft, clean, a tad sweet. It has a whitish-silver vibe. I smell the white musk & the (non-foody) vanilla. Apple is an equal partner, not a star player. Lovely.

Do I need a bottle? I'll think about it.

I would like to start this review out by saying I tend to back off from anything apple or apple cidery, and the other Apples that I tried from my Weenie decants were simply vile, for me the Apple Hater. This one however is so fresh and real that I found it quite appealing, and wearable.

I just put in for a bottle of this with my Yule Order of Doom. If you had told me that I would be ordering anything with "apple" in the title before I tried this, I would have said you were nuts.

This is so gorgeous though, very feminine and not like a fruit salad.

Edited by stellamaris

I've never liked apple perfumes (sickly sweet craft store nightmares on my skin), but for some reason, the description tempted me. When the reviews started going up, I caved.

It's at its best when it's first applied and the apple note smells freshest. It loses the sparkling bite once it's dry, but overall is still lovely. I've had this on for a few hours today, and it's still noticeable. For the first hour, the apple balances with the cool vanilla and soft musk, then fades to reveal the creaminess of the florals.

Fruity florals aren't my usual thing, but I really like this, oddly enough. I'm sure it'll get lots of wear in the spring.

Edited by nineveh

I really wanted to love this.

It's a very pale, shimmery apple/vanilla/floral scent on, but it fades super-duper fast on my skin leaving nothing behind but a pretty generic vanilla musk scent.

It's lovely in the imp, but so soft and boring on my skin. I have a bunch of apple scents, so an apple has to be really special for me to want a bottle of it, and this one might have lived up if it lasted better. As it is, I'll stick with Snow Glass Apples and Arcana's Stretched on Your Grave for my chilly apple floral fix.

On the skin: Musky slightly floral apple. Definitely a pale feeling scent. Similar to Snow Glass Apples, but with a bit less.... snow?

I can't decide whether I like this or not.

So, google tells us that "Malus" is the genus name for apples. Yay, knowledge! Upon first application, this is apple with white florals. Not the most familiar with florals, but I think I'm getting the ylang ylang more than anything. Really hoping they don't dominate this....

As it's drying down, there's still apple, but now there's lovely musk and whichever floral came out first is fading back. Not very strong at all. The vanilla finally comes out at complete dry down. Overall a very nice sweet apple scent, will definitely be keeping it.

I really wanted to love this. I'm an apple fiend, and Ladon is the closest I have to a signature scent right now.

In the vial, this is a lovely light and fresh apple scent. But on my skin, it very quickly morphs into a completely nondescript, vaguely musky mishmash, and an hour or so later all I can smell is a bland, slightly nauseating sweetness. Bleh. Oh, well, I'll stick with Ladon then...