Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Cheri

The Glittering Apple Of The Stars

THE GLITTERING APPLE OF THE STARS
Heirloom Malus, ylang ylang, white and blue musks, crystallized vanilla, tiare, frangipani, and bergamot.

This scent is a surprise love! I opened the bottle and got a whiff of musky, sweet apple. It's got plenty of throw and seems to be lasting really long. One tiny drop was enough so the bottle will last a long time. Very pleasant and pretty. :D

Very pretty indeed. I could smell the apple, it's a light ethereal apple. Overall it smelled sophisticated, and glamorous. The floral wasn't over powering at all.

While this oil isn't effervescent per se, it does still say "glittering" to me. I don't know how else to describe this other than to say it is a glittering, feminine, pretty apple-floral scent. I can detect a bit of the tiare, and just as it does in Pumpkin Princess, it brings the scent to another level in terms of "smelling pretty." On me there isn't much throw, but that's fine because Glittering Apple smells so divine on my skin--the perfect mix of apple and floral. Quite different than Golden Apple, to be sure, and much different than Poisoned Apple from the General Catalog as well. I look forward to comparing it with the other celestial apples when my imps come.

Echoing the other, this i a "glittering scent that isn't effervesscent but still sparkles in its own unique way. It's very much fresh apple wet, but as it dries down the crystalline musks and vanilla emerge followed by the soft white florals. There is something quietly exotic about the floral elementhere, especially from the tiare. It actually isn't a floral-dominated cent on me but more of a vanillaed apple veiled in diaphanous muskis and backed by soft tropical petals, ethereal and beautiful.

This is all apple first one, which worried me a bit because I don't dig the potpourri apple smell I get a lot. Then something sweet and vanilla-y comes out (but not candy sweet) as well as some musk and this turns absolutely gorgeous. I can see the glittering for sure. I think this is a big win. The final dry down hours later is almost like vanilla extract on me, almost no apple left at all.

Edited by Lucretia

Oh, this is so pretty! This is a sparkly, bright apple with a smooth floral drydown. I love the tiare in this, it's soft but stil noticable. The musks are sheer and sweet in this blend as well. I am very pleasantly surprised.

This is such a pretty blend!

For being so light, it has surprisingly good throw. The apple plays second fiddle to the musks (and even to the tiare), but it still manages to ground the scent a great deal; I think this would almost be too pretty without the apple. To my nose, it's in the same family as other fruity musks like Hungry Ghost Moon, Aglaea, and Katharina, but it has a charm all its own.

Lots of musk (yum) and a beautiful juicy apple. I think I can smell the vanilla as well which is awesome. This is my favorite of the Apples so far, even though the race was super close to being a 3 way tie. :)

Some apple scents that don't have a baked apple notes or a backup of foody gloop tend to go cloyingly sweet on me. So what business, then, do I have with a bottle of this in my hand? I had a hunch and I was right: it really is as gorgeous as its name. It's mostly all apple wet, but that quickly changes when the other elements come into play on the drydown. I get the soft sweetness of vanilla, ethereal musks, and the sensuality of heady tropical blossoms fully supporting and balancing the apple. I don't really get much bergamot but maybe it's helping keep the natural sweetness of the apple in check. This is a beautiful and diaphanous scent that "sparkles" even without effervesccence, and I'm so glad I took a chance on it.

Gorgeous! I've not found an apple scent prior to this that worked. They all have ended up smelling too craft store potpourri. Which would be fine, if I wanted to smell like that, but that really isn't my thing. This is absolutely NOT a craft store sort of smell. I get apple in the beginning, but it very quickly subsides into the musks and vanilla. It is so wonderfully smooth and sophisticated smelling with the hint of tropical florals wafting over the base of vanilla, musk, and subtle, sweet apple. Just amazing. I see multiple bottle in my future, it is that good.

This scent does have a very light, airy quality to it.

I can't seem to smell alot of apple in this blend, catching only whiffs of it here and there. That's fine by me, because I love this scent all the same. :joy:

When I tried this on at Seattle Will Call, all I got was apple. Crisp, just sliced into apple. No florals, no musks, no vanillas. I'm hoping that the bottle I purchase from the lab will be the same because this is a perfect, completely pure, apple on me. :wub2:

wet on skin, and sniffed from the bottle, to my nose it smells rather a lot like Snow Glass Apples (which i love), but once it settles in and dries.... it starts to smell like Snow White (which i don't like).

so i guess i'll say it's the lovechild of Snow Glass Apples and Snow White.

This is sooo beautiful! It starts out all crisp, juicy, fresh sliced apple. As it drys it loses the crisp edge and becomes a beautiful sweet apple laced with vanilla. There is just a touch a musk in the background. I want bathe in this.

Lightest breath of apple, heaps of ylang ylang, and other white florals. I actually found this to be REALLY strong out of the imp-- a tiny dab on one wrist haunted me the entire rest of the day.

Kinda reminds me of fancy hand lotion. Which is fine, but not what I was hoping for.

This scent smells fresh and sweet in an effortless sort of way.

It's a little bit apple, a little bit floral and a little bit sweet. It comes across as a whole much more interesting than its parts. Something about it is making me think of fresh sea air and the sweetness is reminding me just a touch of Snow White. The apple blends beautifully with the floral to create a unique scent. I can see this scent going from a cheerful daytime scent to an alluring evening scent with ease. It could wear easily in many moods and in any weather.

A bottle is in order, for sure.

ETA: I did get a bottle somewhere along the way, yay. Unfortunately, it vanishes almost immediately on my skin. Kind of weird. Still very pretty, but I'll run through the bottle in no time.

Edited by strahlend

This is the appley version of my beloved under the harvest moon! Blue Musk, heady ylang, ylang, and sweet vanilla bean. And like Under the harvest moon I will have to age this for at least sixth months so that I can wear it b/c blue musk fresh is a major headache inducer. Sigh. But I can't wait to pull this out again in six months to see how wonderful it will turn out to be.

Wow! What a complete surprise :) I wasn't expecting to like this one as much as I do. Based on the note listing, I expected to appreciate it for a bit and then pass the imp on. However, I do believe I need to buy a bottle of this. In fact, I had dabbed a little bit on my neck the day my decant package arrived, forgot about it, went for a run and started smelling a gorgeous intoxicating scent wafting around me as I sprinted down the Northampton rail trail. For a minute I thought it was the fall sweater-clad couple that had walked by moments before. But as the scent lingered...that's when I realized it was coming from me. Glittering Apple FTW!

This is a soft, apple musk. The most apparent notes in this are the blue musk and apple with the gentlest touch of sweet floral notes underneath everything. This smells sophisticated yet playful. It's not a candy apple scent or anything too gourmand and foody smelling. I can see Glittering Apple appealing to a wide audience as it falls into that fruity/floral category that's really popular in perfume right now...and I am totally guilty of loving the trend <3

Love love love!

Top notes of sparkly tart apple drying down to an enchanting, fruity-floral tinted, gently creamy white vanilla musk. It's extremely pretty, with none of the funkiness that I expect from ylang ylang. The problem is, it's very faint. :( I'd have to pour on a quarter imp's worth at a time to get much out of this. It smells beautiful but it is so light and fades so fast. I accidentally broke my tester of this, and even the tissues I sopped up the remnants of this didn't hold on to it, which makes the possibility of wearing it in a hair, on fabric, or in a locket that much dimmer. Maybe it will smell stronger with some aging? I don't know whether I want to stock up or just pretend I never smelled this fleeting beauty.

This is a very apple floral blend. It's nice and juicy on wet, and dries to a light, floral scent. I'd recommend this to a young girl.

Malus, the apples, are a genus of about 30–35 species of small deciduous trees or shrubs in the family Rosaceae, including crabapples and wild apples. (paraphrased from Wikipedia)

My imp is a decant from schackjj, The Goddess of Decanters (to borrow a quote from another participant in our decant circle.)

In the imp: Oil is clear and almost colorless, with just the palest tinge of peach. The fragrance is a beautiful, realistic, fresh apple scent with a hint of florals.

On me, wet: In the first seconds, it is all apple. Then the florals come out more strongly and are a gorgeous blend with the apple. Among the florals, nothing stands out strongly, not even the ylang ylang. The frangipani might be dominating, but only by a small margin. I'm not familiar with tiare, so I can't tell about that one. The apple smells like the sweeter red apple to me, rather than the crisper and tangy-er notes of green apple.

Which makes sense - a red apple is pictured on the artwork. (BTW, I have a top with that exact same appliqué, so that delighted me!)

After 10 minutes: The apple note is fading somewhat, and the musks are taking its place, with a bit of bergamot. The floral notes are about the same.

After 30 minutes: The apple is almost completely gone. Now it's mostly musks and florals, which makes it smell more like a traditional perfume, a light, fresh, elegant, one with just a hint of fruitiness.

After 45 minutes: The vanilla note has kicked in, first as just a trace, but gathering strength rapidly. But the musk and floral notes are still strong enough to keep the overall scent from being foody.

After 1 1/2 hours: Quite faint, mostly vanilla and musk, with a touch of florals.

After 6 hours: I can still smell a lingering hint of vanilla and musk.

Verdict: Lovely, I want a full bottle of this!

My rating: 5 stars

Chalk me up as another who smells Snow White + SGA. However, unlike SGA, the apple is totally under control here and plays nicely with the musks. It's more vanilla than floral to me, and I love it every bit as much as I hoped I would. Definitely need a bottle :wub2:

Thoughts before testing: Out of all the Weenies, I was most excited to try the apples. I had high hopes for this one, as I love nearly all the notes listed.

Wet: Fresh, juicy, delicious apple with only a tiny hint of vanilla. This is making my mouth water!

Dry down: The apple disappears rather quickly, leaving behind a really nice, full bodied vanilla.

Dry: The vanilla also does a major disappearing act, leaving me with no scent at all. :cry2:

Final thoughts: This was pretty, but even if it had stuck around longer, I don't know that this would be a keeper for me.

Verdict: To the swaps!