Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

The Silver Apple Of The Moon

White apple with orris, agave nectar, moonflower, white sandalwood, and lotus root.

On first application, I thought this was a relatively juicy apple, but it's more that it's an intensely sweet scent--the lotus root does that bubblegum thing, but it's less sugary because of the agave note. This is pretty! The moonflower lends the overall scent a cool, white note that I like. The apple and sandalwood keep it from being flowery, but overall this is a light scent. It's clean and sweet, with hints of wood--I get the mental image of a gazebo in an apple orchard at night, if that makes any sense. Very serene and feminine at once.

Dry feminine apple scent. I don't know what it is, but it smells like... chamomille? I don't know. It just makes me feel it smells of the colour blue. :huh?:

As others have mentioned, this scent is very dry, with hints of sweetness. It's a light, subtle sort of scent that nonetheless has a lot of throw and staying power. It also reminds me of my favorite perfume before I discovered BPAL, which I think must have had an orris note as well. Very, very nice -- I may have to look for a bottle!

I have big bottles of 3 of the celestial apple scents from this past Halloween as well as decants of the other two. Silver Apple is right in the middle as far as how much I like it, and that's about what I assumed when I looked at the notes. I adore apple and moonflower, and sandalwood usually behaves on me. The only notes that caused concern were the orris and the lotus root. I am not a fan of terribly dry scents, but I think in this particular blend the roots ground the apple and moonflower to keep it from being too light and ephemeral. (The root pun was wholly unintended.) This scent does feel very slivery-white to me, and it is light and sweet, but it also has some body to it. Wet it smells like apple candy, but it tones down to something subtle and pretty. It is the most unassuming of the Halloweenie apples that I got full bottles of and it sits very close to the skin, but in the most awesome way. I would rate it a solid 4 out of 5 stars for being so expertly balanced and pretty. Obviously the production of this scent was well thought-out.

Wet, fresh green apple and moonflower, and a bit of something musky and perfumey, though it is nice at this point. Dry, a dustiness, which could be one of many bpal notes. It still is nice and ethereal in spite of the dust. It reminds me a bit of Staged Moon Landing, with the clear, crisp moonflower and crystal feel. This blend is not for me, but it was certainly nice to try.

I just got my bottle yesterday, but I cannot stop wearing it. It smells AMAZING on me!

It smells like candy. Pure candy. Like Main Street Disneyland, and unicorn pops. Amazing sugary sweet with a hint of candied apple and some very soft florals in the background, like moonflower certainly. It remains consistent in the drydown, just a little more floral. I LOVE it!

EDIT: A year later and this smells just as lovely and just as sweet. I wish they would bring this line back!

Edited by The Poison Queen

Some aging has made this lovely on me. A soft, dry apple, not fruity, but with the moonflower, sandlewood and orris it is quite nice. I really am pleasantly surprised as before this was a bit soapy on me.

Soft apple with a little bubblegummy lotus. Sandalwood’s here too, but I’m not a big fan of it, it seems to be taking over and blotting out that nice apple. The orris is also in there, and together they are making this blend smell very powdery and sharp and clean. Not too surprising, the only note that I know I love here is apple—the others are all a little riskier. A no for me, I think.

I'm surprised to see so many people calling this a dry scent because to me it's pale, yet juicy and sweet. The apple is pleasantly realistic, though it's been made more sugary, likely thanks to the agave.

There's a sort of "twinkle" to this oil, a round softness from the powdery orris. It does get drier as the oil sits, but it remains light, pretty and feminine. I don't think that the lotus is very candy-ish, instead it pairs well with the moonflower for a vaguely aquatic, clear muskiness. The sandalwood helps ground the scent but it's not very noticeable, so if it's not normally a note you enjoy I think you could get away with it here.

As a whole, the scent is very well-blended and evokes the artwork. Beautiful, dreamy, ethereal. A good choice for those who like fruity but "perfume-y" scents. It could be a cousin to Silence, a similar fruit/musk/aquatic, but it's sweeter and more womanly.

I think this one smells like apple bubblegum or hi-chew. The sweetness isn't like raw sugar, it's more like biting into a perfectly ripe apple.There is a floral aspect that kind of makes it almost like very sweet apple blossom when it dries. For me, I think it's pretty but apple isn't my favorite note to dominate a scent. Plus it's a little sweet for me. It would be a great addition to a candy apple lover's collection.

This was pretty with a sweet apple scent as it went on, but my skin ate it and it didn't even make it an hour before there was just a whisper of flowery sandalwood left behind.  I would describe this as light and ephemeral.