Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

The Silver Apple Of The Moon

THE SILVER APPLE OF THE MOON
White apple with orris, agave nectar, moonflower, white sandalwood, and lotus root.

Dry Apple. Not juicy. Dry and Aromatic. Ever so very slightly sweet. The Florals really are also just a whisper on my skin.

I agree that this is a dry apple. It's very sweet and very light on me. I definitely get the lunar association. It's a pretty floral, but the sweetness of the apple (almost tart at times) is there, too. There's something very clean and kind of soapy about it; I don't enjoy soapy scents, but this one isn't gross at all in terms of soapiness. It feels almost like a commercial perfume, but I'll be honest and say that I don't wear commercial perfumes and can't compare it more than that. When I first opened the bottle, it smelled light and pretty and familiar.

After an hour and a half of wear, it hasn't changed much. Light, pretty, feminine, lunar. Not a lot of throw to this one, but I kind of want to keep it as a private, just for me scent when I'm feeling reflective.

Thirded that this is a dry apple - it is so beautiful! I think the Moonflower is the supporting player here, with the agave sweetening it up a bit. I have worn this 3 times now, and I still don't detect the Orris (which is one of my favorite notes), but it doesn't bum me out because the scent is so beautiful!

On me this smells EXACTLY LIKE Bath and Body Works "sweet pea" fragrance.

Which I hate. I've let it dry down to see if it would stop smelling like that, but nope, still going strong. I have to wash this off.

Very pretty and feminine. Dry, but not powdery. I pick up the apple and agave nectar notes equal parts and the floral components are delicate and subtle. Lovely.

Near bubblegum sweetness - lotus root? - with a distinctly white, silvery cast from the moonflower. Apple is a bit player, but smells somehow warmer than the other notes, and adds body that way. The white sandalwood and orris add a dry texture but don't go powdery. It's really lovely at first, shocking me at how much I've enjoyed this series of scents despite my usual avoidance of apple notes, but then the dry down goes sort of flat and nondescript... just a bland sweetness, like generic fabric softener. ;_;

This apple was very slight apple, very floral and with the sandalwood grounding it all. Pleasant, elusive, but I wish it has more apple oomph.

I don't really get a noticeable apple note from this one. It's more of a clean floral scent to me, with a very light sweetness to it. Orris, moonflower, and lotus are usually very sweet on me, but the florals here are more clean smelling and subdued.

The Silver Apple is reminding me of one of the floral DKNY apple scents (which also doesn't smell like apple, but maybe is apple blossom-ish) and maybe Marc Jacob's Blush. Reading over the other reviews, I can also see zombi's comparison to Bath & Body Works' Sweet Pea fragrance.

Mostly a clean, soft, white floral sort of smell.

My imp is a decant from schackjj, The Goddess of Decanters (to borrow a quotes from another participant in our decant circle.)

In the imp; Oil is clear and virtually colorless, with just the faintest tinge of ivory. The first thing I notice about the scent is fruitiness, although not specifically apple. Then incense, and last, a bit of florals.

On me, wet: Now there is a definite note of apple. After a few seconds, the florals peek in.

On me, just dried: The apple is still dominating, but only by a very slight margin. The florals and sandalwood are almost equal to it.

After 10 minutes: The scent is very mild and delicate, so much so that it's hard to detect any particular note. But if I sniff hard enough, I get mostly incense with a bit of apple.

After 30 minutes: Now it isn't a fruity, an incensey, or a floral perfume. All three notes are so perfectly balanced that it is all of those in equal strength. Which makes it unclassifiable. I don't even notice apple anymore. It's just itself, and very nice.

After 45 minutes: This blend seems to need some warmth and time on the skin to fully develop. It's actually stronger now that it was when just dried. Yesterday I wore it to work. I wasn't concentrating on the scent like I do when I write reviews, and my initial impression was that it didn't smell anything in particular. But around 45 minutes after applying it, I was paying attention to my work when I suddenly noticed a gentle but noticeable and lovely cloud of fragrance surrounding me.

It is still the same balanced scent as above.

After 2 1/2 hours: The scent is now barely discernible. It's leaning slightly towards the incense, with just a hint of florals, and the fruitiness is pretty much gone.

Verdict: A nice all-purpose blend for women. Others have used that phrase and I didn't really understand what they meant, but after trying this, now I do. It's subtle enough, and balanced enough, that it would be appropriate for any situation, would seem pleasant to almost everyone, and would offend no one. Some people don't like fruity scents, some don't like florals, some don't like incense. In this fragrance, all of those are so well-balanced by the others that I can't imagine anyone disliking this. And it is indeed pale and ethereal, a perfect realization of its name.

My rating: 4 stars

This is my second favorite of the Apples I've tried so far:

#1 is The Glittering Apple of the Stars

#2 is The Silver Apple of the Moon

#3 is The Green Apple of Venus

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

This smelled fruity and nice at first, but as soon as the lotus root came in, it just smelled like dirty dishwater. So disappointing. :(

Just got a decant of this (and Green Apple of Venus) from Catseyes Happy Halloweenies circle--thanks chickie :wub2: Since I now have either decants or bottles of all the "Apples", I decided to test four of them today and now am covered in appley goodness LOL!!

In the Vial: Very luminescent dry (but not candy-sweet) apple with soft florals and softly sweet nectar. Not getting much of the white sandalwood at this stage, even if I pause and huff for a few moments, but it is generally lovely and so I blithely apply to my skin.

Wet on Skin: Ooh, soft and pretty. The apple comes out a bit more on my skin (maybe I'm better off with the "dry apple" notes?) and it is a bit more grounded, though I'm still not getting the white sandalwood note that I love. I agree with one of the reviews upthread, this is a very well balanced blend that would seem pretty to most and offensive to none in the workplace. It's very well-behaved. It is not a huge morpher and is keeping that luminescent quality from the vial.

Dry on Skin: The white sandalwood peeks out a bit but remains in the background, which is fine and makes this a unique blend in my current collection (I usually amp the white sandalwood, not that I mind this as it smells pretty fab on me). If I "death match" this against Green Apple of Venus, this one wins hands down. After a few hours, it becomes a lovely incensey dry white apple and moonlit floral scent and is quite lovely! Bottle purchase may be required :D

In Imp: My biggest impression is that it's clean, in a very sharp, dry and soapy way. There's a hint of white apple underneath it; slightly juicy, but very much "white".

Wet: Soapy and floral. It is really light on my skin; it's almost like there's no perfume on at all! Slightly juicy, crisp apple surrounded by dusky, soft, powdery notes.

Drydown: I can see where the "dry apple" impression was coming from in previous reviews now. To me the apple so far has been juicy, just dimmed by the other notes; but now if I sniff it and try to pick out the apple, it's like an extremely dry apple sparkling cider. But, sad to say, it's still pretty soapy and florally on me, and extremely light.

Verdict: Honestly it just doesn't stand out enough for me. It stays really close to my skin, almost disappears, and just smells as though I took a shower... which is good, but I'd like a little more from perfume! I give it a 1.5/5... although it is a nice blend.

My nose is playing tricks on me. The first few times I smelled this in the vial, I was ridiculously impressed by its relative lack of dryness compared to what I was expecting. Orris and white sandalwood initially set off warning bells that it was going to be far too dry for my liking. But smelling it again today, it's a different story. The white sandalwood is much more blatant, but it reminds me a lot of the white sandalwood in lab fresh Mouse's LAST. The moonflower is such a beautiful pairing with the dryness, though. For the record, I don't smell any apple in the vial. Wet though, the apple comes through and this turns juicier and not as dry. Kind of like how it smelled in the vial to my nose a few days ago. Along with the drying process comes the dryness of the orris and sandalwood again. But the apple is still hanging on. This is better than I expected but still not really for me.

Wet: wonderful white dry (not tart) apple and agave nectar with a whisper of moonflower. Smells like something I'd like to drink! Think Fentiman's soda..or a nonalcoholic cocktail with flower essences (ooooohhh!) For me, there's a pinkness about this instead of the intended silver. Think it's the lotus root. Very girly but not childish. Oh wait.. this smells like a sweeter version of VS's Pink. Damn you, brain-scent association! Oh well.. this is way better and isn't accompanied by the customary complimentary burning eyes & nose of VS perfumes. I'llllll take it!

Drydown: wonderful, sweet, slightly mournful moonflower, agave (yes still kickin), white sandalwood, and shimmering translucent (but not powdery) orris. Wonderful. Why did I only by one bottle? I can change that.

Edited by SophieCedar

Origin: Decant circle

Initial Thoughts: This was something of a "I don't see any death notes, so maybe?" on the list. Plus I love moon imagery. Although, Lotus Moon and I didn't get along so well.

In the vial: Sandalwood and a bit of apple, with the agave giving it a touch of sweetness. Definitely a silvery scent.

Wet: The sandalwood is amping as sandalwood often does on me, but it's not an in-your-face amp. Rather the sandalwood has swallowed all of the other notes whole for the moment. We'll see if any of them re-emerge.

Drydown: It's a sweet and faintly floral wood scent. The apple is very dry and understated.

Verdict: Definitely not a bottle - it stays way too woody for me. I might use up the decant, though.

I got mine today and it was the first scent I tried. I am thrilled, I love the sweetness of it. I really thought I'd prefer Glittering Apple, but Silver Apple is now one of my favorites. Gonna have to spring for a bottle of this stuff!

In tester: sweet apple, light and pretty and white. Very feminine! I'm liking this a lot.

Wet on skin: light florals, and a sort of shimmering scent. Not very apple-y, and there is a similar feel to this that I've noticed in blends that have turned grandmothery on me. :/ Still--well-blended, and almost creamy. I'm getting orris, moonflower, and a slight crispness (apple?).

Dry: well, there you go, the orris amps, the blend gets soapy, and quite grandmothery. Also somewhat cloying on me, but the apple is more apparent than it was wet; maybe because the florals have gone soapy? I'm trying to hunt for the sandalwood, but it's not showing on my skin.

Verdict: rather sad about this, I did like how it smelled but this doesn't play well with my skin!

I'm normally not very into this genre of scent, but I wanted to try all the apples, and I ended up liking this more than I expected to.

On wet, it's a very cool, watery scent. Normally I'm pretty wary of the florals in this, particularly anything lotus-related, but they mostly seem to be behaving. I would class this scent as primarily a floral, despite the apple, which is pretty mild. The lack of a crisp apple note is a little disappointing, but this is a pretty scent even if it's not my style.

this starts off with a dry apple scent- almost like apple, white musk and light, papery florals? it reminds me of a bath & body works apple spray, which is not what i want to smell like when i'm wearing my lovely bpals! after the first initial blast is over, it's a lightly sweet apple scent with hints of moonflower. i don't mind it, but it's not anything special on me.

my husband thinks it smells like dish soap.

Seems sort of sweet and sharp to me. Probably all the white florals and musk. It's not bad, but probably a bit too sharp for me to wear a lot.

This reminds me a great deal of Silver Phoenix. The apple lends it a slightly sweeter aspect, but it dries down about the same on me, so, since I have a bottle of Silver Phoenix, I'll be skipping this one in favor of something else. If you missed that one, or would love a sweeter, apple-y version of it, go for it. It's a beautiful perfume, silvery, soft, and pretty.

This smells like fruity florals on me. I don't get very strong apple, but it is still a beautiful scent. It smells as if I just stepped out of the shower. Shimmering and fresh. Absolutely wonderful. A bottle for sure!

Hmmm, orris is a death note for me, but we'll see how this goes!

On the skin: Sweet apple. Yummy! Becomes a bit tarter as time goes on. Kinda tasty really! Need to try this one again.

This is a very simple, sweet, fresh apple scent. Very girly and bright; probably a bit too much for me. It smells very clean, like a good shampoo, but is a bit one-dimensional. I'll keep it and wear it, though.

Dry feminine apple scent. I don't know what it is, but it smells like... chamomille? I don't know. It just makes me feel it smells of the colour blue. Or some shampoo I've used, have to think about this one!

I like Glittering apple better!

Edited by Eliyetres