Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
JasminDreams2010

Pumpkin Princess

Before the Grand Dame was the Pumpkin Queen, she was a Pumpkin Princess! Bright, sweet pumpkin with vanilla fluff, guava, chocolate-dusted white amber, tiare, red currant, raw honey, and meringue.

I am a huge pumpkin enthusiast so naturally I was excited to try Pumpkin Princess. I didn't find it to be particularly pumpkin-y, but enjoyed it nonetheless. In the bottle it's very candy-sweet, on what I find to be a high register if that makes any sense. On my skin, I don't really get much pumpkin but I get the fruity and marshmallow-y notes which are actually quite pleasant. It's a very cheerful scent, feels like it would be perfect for a sunny winter day.

I really thought that this blend wouldn't be 'me', but color me surprised! I'm not getting a lot of pumpkin, but more of the white amber and slight spices. The whole effect is a very fresh, slightly watery spice, which is just gorgeous on me. It doesn't smell juvenile at all, but amber loves me, and I love it, so maybe it's amping? At least a partial is in order, if I can find one! :wub2:

I usually have trouble with BPAL pumpkin, but how could I resist this? In the bottle, and immediately on the skin, there's the buttery BPAL pumpkin. However, to my surprise, the pumpkin dissipates and I get vanilla, tiare, and meringue. No guava or red currant to be found. How is this possible? The toothpick I used to test smells a little like pumpkin, red currant, and BO, but it's nothing like that on my skin. It's like a magic trick! AMAZING! :wub2:

Man, I wanted so badly to like this, but it immediately goes all sharp, bitter florals on my skin and stays that way. :(

It smells very interesting in the vial, though. Sweet, non-spicy pumpkin, vanilla, and fruity guava. It's a shame this went weird on me.

Edited by Dovahkiin

In the imp, I smell nothing but pumpkin. Like bright, raw orange pumpkin cut open straight from the garden.

On the skin, I smell the caramel note strongly (blech, I don't like caramel), but thankfully it fades quickly into vanilla tiare floral rounded out by a bit earthy pumpkin. Quickly, it fades away into nothingness...just a wisp of powdery amber on the skin.

Wet: Pumpkin and Fruit Loops

Mid-Dry: sweet fruity pumpkin with a tough of sweet vanilla

Late Drydown: huh, where did the pumpkin go? I get a light fruit-loop laced floral.

I love Pumpkin Princess at this time of year. On me, it's like an end-of-summer fall blend, perfect for when it's definitely fall but still in the 70s and not jacket weather. I get vanilla and amber and pumpkin, with honey/meringue sweetness and something tropical...maybe that's the tiare and guava? Whatever it is, it's like a pumpkin on vacation. Definitely the least somber pumpkin scent I have in my collection, and every year I pull it out and am so grateful to have an airy, lighthearted, sweet pumpkin perfume. IT'S SO FLUFFY!

Super sweet pumpkin in the imp, with just a hint of guava and tiare underneath. This a warm tropical scent, with a more languorous feel to it than I expected based on its fun, youthful notes.

As it dries, the pumpkin all but disappears behind the sweetness, which results in a strangely perfumy marshmallow scent... it's a cute girly perfume, but it doesn't quite come together for me as a personal fragrance.

Wet: Creamy, sugary, vanilla pumpkin musk.

Dry: Same as the wet stage, only slightly floral now from the tiare.

I think if you're pumpkin-shy, this would be a great blend for you. The pumpkin is there juuuust enough, without making it a dominant pumpkin scent.

Odd in the imp, both salty and sweetly floral in a cacophony of notes.  I look at the notes and realize the sweetness is coming from the guava note.  It's light and very ripe smelling.  On my skin, this goes right into tropical floral territory, which I don't get since I don't see any listed florals in the notes.  😕 If I'm getting any pumpkin, its the wet innards kind, not the pumpkin pie kind.  The saltiness has died down, so that's good, and this is pretty, but it's not really doing anything special for me.  I shall pass on the imp.  :)

Edited by VetchVesper