Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

AUTUMN CIDER
Fermented apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, clove, lemon zest, butterscotch liquor, and orange slices.

I love this one! I's defnitely sweet apple but much more interesting with the spices and then as it dries down it starts to develop something almost slightly sour under the surface. It's great for me, just like Halloween, sort of sweet, but with a bite underneath.

This is a beautiful juicy apple cider. The dominant note is a sweet yummy apple juice with autumnal spices in the background. The lemon zest and orange slices make it bright and shiny. I love this! :wub2:

Alas, I knew the cinnamon in it might be a problem for my skin. And, it is. I need a scent locket....

I slathered Autumn Cider after a shower, and my first impression was CINNAMON FRUIT PUNCH, but then I thought no, it's CINNAMON GHOULISH and either way it is overwhelming with the initial throw. Also, the cinnamon is the burny kind when fresh from the shower, so beware. And I don't usually have sensitive skin.

But now that it's dried down, the citrus has kicked it up a notch, and it's exactly like a warm holiday punch that I always make for Thanksgiving. The ingredients of that punch are Cranapple, orange, and lemon juices, a ton of sugar, a spoonful of whole cloves and allspice, and a bag of red hots candies heated together until the candies melt. Autumn Cider is exactly how that punch smells while it's cooking, and now I get to wear it! :wub2:

Apple Cider smells just like it should. Sweet dark Apple with just the right amount of Spice to avoid craft shop and then a pleasant zing from the Citrus.

This is delicious if you're into foody scents. It smells like an apple spice candle I have. There's definitely the apple, LOADS of cinnamon and other spices, and a kick of citrus that lends the apple some sweetness. I get a boozy touch after first applying, but when it dries down, it's pure apple cider awesomeness. It has nice throw, and it's a definite Autumn scent for me. It's raining right now in Vegas, and this scent is wrapping me in a cozy, spicy little blanket that reminds me why I LOVE this time of year.

I can't see myself wearing it too much aside from this time of year, unless I really miss Autumn and feel the need to experience some apple cider.

A delicious juicy apple cider that starts out wet as a strong fruit punch but dries down to a spicy, sweet apple cider. It's right up there with Lambs Wool for me with its homey deliciousness.

In the bottle, this is pure, sweet cider. It actually made me thirsty decanting it! The bit I tested went a little waxy and of course I amped the cinnamon, but there's not much for cinnamon to begin with so that's not terrible. It's still sweet apple and my son, without knowing what it was, identified it as "hot apple cider." My husband said "sweet, and cinnamon, but not bakery." and when I told him to think apples said "oh, of course."

eta: Yes, the sweet is butterscotch! I see that in the description now and it fits.

Edited by malibusunny

This is absolutely beautiful in the bottle, the most perfect cider scent and everything I've been searching for. Very sadly there's the kind of cinnamon in here that gives me a strong and painful reaction on my skin and amps into a sharp dry cinnamon scent. :cry2: :cry2: I'm so disappointed. :(

In the bottle I get sharp orange over a creamy butterscotch laced hot apple cider. I feared skin testing it, but, the orange burns off quickly leaving behind a creamy apple spice scent, with a hint of fruitiness from the orange.

In the bottle, Autumn Cider made me wanna take a swig of my decant! lol It was exactly what I expected it to be.

On me, all I smelled was cinnamon, with small hints of orange and apple. Someone here mentioned a craft shop, and that's exactly what I smelled like as it dried down. :( I'm hoping that a little aging will tone down the cinnamon because if it weren't so strong I know this one would be a winner for me.

(10/18) Okay, so I tried this one again (and again) and it's growing on me. The cinnamon still stings (seriously, don't put it on RIGHT after you shower lol) and is still strong, but as it dries down it gives the apples a chance to shine through. Really nice.

(11/12) So tell me how this ended up being my favorite of the 'Weenies I was able to try? :lol: So much so that I ended up getting a bottle! :P Go figure. I love it! :yum:

Edited by MahB

I normally amp cinnamon, but I didn't get much out of this (I would have liked to!) It's definitely heavier on the other spices, and ends up being a boozy citrus spice (rather a spiced citrus when it dries) on me. I can rarely do citrus though.

I was really hoping for an apple-heavy cider scent like what I used to drink when I was a kid, but there was too much going on in this blend for me to enjoy it properly. I got a lot of the citrus, a little bit of apple, and a metric ton of cinnamon.

I don't quite understand why, as cranberry isn't a note in Autumn Cider, but to my nose, both in the bottle and on my skin it was a dead-ringer for Punkie Night. While I enjoy that particular scent, it's not one I like enough to keep multiple bottles of. I just barely prefer PN, so this one is off to a new home. The label art is adorable, though, and my favorite of the 2011 Weenie labels I've seen so far.

In the bottle: Spicy apple juice spiked with orange juice.

Wet: More spices, less juice.

The dry-down: A little less spicy, and a little more sweet from the juices, but this is a really dry scent. I think that I will have to layer with something like a single note apple cider scent. This is lovely, don't get me wrong, it's just not what I was expecting. I do suspect that this will just grow more wonderful with age. The only thing that I wonder about is where the butterscotch liquor wandered off to.

An hour or so later: Getting more sweetness now. I think that the apple is coming back. :)

Edited by thekittenkat

Okay, so my DH and I recently went to an Autumn harvest festival - there we found someone making old fashioned fresh pressed Apple cider = the flavor is incomparable to ANYTHING store bought. We drank a whole half gallon right there on the spot.

This scent reminds of that perfectly - as perfectly as it can get being a perfume! What Im assuming other's saw as sour, is the fresh zingy quality of a freshly pressed apple - pretty amazing actually that it was captured so well. And kind of sad that so many people don't get to drink freshly pressed cider.

The spices were almost non-existent on me, which is fine - the only problem is it fades soon (not as quickly as Little Bird), but bottle worthy - and reminds me of Lambswool too! Enjoy!

Please keep in mind that this will be my first review - ever!

In the bottle: I smell apples, a lot of candy-ish cherry and cinnamon!

Wet: Still getting cherries and the cinnamon is tickling my nose, making me want to sneeze. Suddenly I know that I've smelled this before! Scent melts!! My "Apple orchard" and "Mandarin & clove" melts mixed together!

One hour later: It's starting to fade and I'm getting more sweet apples and less cherry. I also pick up dust.. Dusty apples :lol:

Overall, it wasn't like I had expected. I thought it was going to be a bit more toffee-ish apple cider, but instead I got a sweet, dusty cider!

And I do not like cherries : c

It's not bad, but unexpected! And the label art is pretty.

Edited by Missy_killer

This smells different to me than the bottle out at will call, but I can't complain - it's awesomesauce!

Wet, it smells like a Apple Cider Fruit Punch. :yum:

While it dries, the spices (namely the cinnamon) come to the fore and :whack: me on the nose. Then...oh then...the apple comes back, the spices settle down, and it is beautiful. It's a sparkling harvest cider, and I love it.

This is beyond cider. This is the illegitimate love child of apple cider and the most delicious hot toddy in the world. Right away I get the spiced apple and citrus, then the richness of the butterscotch liquor and brown sugar become more evident as it dries down. The orange and lemon don't overpower but add just the right balance of tartness to the natural sweetness of the apple note. This is warm and comforting and cozy and just a bit boozy, perfect for the many chilly nights we have ahead of us.

Edited by Invidiana

In the bottle: Surprisingly boozy and very sweet! I can smell the butterscotch liqueur. Already I can tell that this is going to have some serious throw, because when I opened the box that contained this (and the rest of my order) I could smell cider right away.

Wet: This is surprisingly fruity, almost like fruit punch. Mostly it's juicy-sweet cider, with a tangy citrus edge. As it dries the spices come to the forefront. When I applied this on my hand, it did burn a tiny bit; I'm betting that's from the strong cinnamon that takes the lead out of all the spices.

Dry: Once dry, this settles down into a perfectly realistic cider scent. The apple is fresh and sweet so that it stays just on this side of the line between "fall spice" and "potpourri/craft store candle."

This scent also had crazy throw and staying power on me. It lasted most of the day through multiple hand-washings, and the ambient scent from the box was enough to fill up a room.

ETA: When I wore this on my wrists and neck I had no issues with burning whatsoever.

Edited by JLH

Autumn Cider - My preconceived notion is that I would hate this. I don't tend to like apple scents very much, and two of my death notes -- brown sugar and butterscotch -- are in it. Turns out I was wrong. So wrong, in fact, that part of me wants to get rid of my entire collection, purchase vats of this, and swim in it for the rest of my life. There aren't enough words in the English language to describe how delicious it is. It may very well possibly be The Most Amazing BPAL Ever Made. The apple juice is subtle, and the spices are perfectly balanced, strong and amazing. The butterscotch liquor, as much as I thought I would gag from it, is in my opinion, what makes this perfume so fantastic. It gives the overall scent a depth and sweet toffee-like stickiness that reminds me of the toffee in Lush's Honey I Washed The Kids soap, but what blows me away is that it's got this toffee/foodiness and it doesn't turn plastic or dusty or rancid on my skin! THAT IS AMAZEBALLS!!! The orange slices add a really bright and juicy-sweet finish to the scent. It's incredibly strong, and a little dot on my arm leaves me wafting in delicious scent for about three hours. At that point, the toffee (i.e., butterscotch), apple, and orange notes have disappeared, but the spices are still there. It's mostly allspice and clove at this point, leaving my skin with a really sexy, dark spiced scent that's a hint smoky. I'm truly blown away by the amazingness of this scent, and I'm so glad I got to test it while decanting, because otherwise, I'd have skipped over it completely, and never discovered how phenomenal it is. This is the reason I try even the BPALs that sound gross to me, because this is one that absolutely should not have worked on me, yet it's one of the best smells I've ever encountered in my entire life. :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Wet: Fruit punch apple cider

Drying-Red hot apple cider and it burns and itches and I had to wash it off.

Final drydown: (b/c cinnamon stays on my skin regardless) Red Hots and apple cider. :yum: Very good on the final drydown but itchy nonetheless.

I agree with the last reviewer, their review is spot on! This smells like totally delicious fruit punch in the bottle, with a waft of apple. The fruit punch scent is so delicious you may be prompted to drink it. On my skin the cinnamon component is burning and irritating: :smite: :smite: :smite:.

During the drydown the orange and citrus appear as the scene stealers. Afterward this started to remind me of an apple cinnamon candle. It's not overbearing in the "candle" scent type department, enough for me to ignore it. I do enjoy this however, I will need a scent locket due to the intense burn from the cinnamon. Please be advised if you have sensitive skin.

My significant other said this reminds him of the scent inside the store Pier One.

Edited by Rshields

This is everything autumn could be and so much more! I've been hunting for that perfect autumn/apple scent and this soooo delivers! I can see on some this might go straight to potpourri-ville, especially wet, but as this dries it mellows out. The spices aren't nearly as strong once it dries, the apple comes out more. The citrus gives it a bright feeling, the butterscotch and brown sugar sweeten it nicely, and the fermentation and the liquor do not make this into an alcoholic blend. It's quite simply fall in a bottle.

I just got this in the mail and it was the one scent I was dying to try. I'm going to edit this over time, since I've just thrown it on.

In the bottle: whoa cherry? Hmmm ... I thought this was supposed to be apple? I think it is probably the cinnamon that goes a little cherry like and reminds me of those hot cherry/cinnamon fireballs. I get not much apple nor any butterscotch or orange.

Wet: ahhh, there is the apple! My nose still insists there is cherry in there too. Inhaling deeply the cinnamon actually stings the back of my throat - it's the nice and dusty kind that I really love. I'm now also getting a zingy edge which is probably the citrus in there and some of the allspice and cloves. No butterscotch to be found.

Dry: oh booh :( this turns into sweet 'n sour candy for me, with no apple or juicyness or cider anywhere to be found. And here I thought this might be my holy grail apple scent. Alas, not so. I think this will be one I will not wear often, so it goes on the swap pile. I'm having my hopes set on the glittering/black/green apples that are still coming my way. I has a sad now :cry2:

Edited by Lyanna