Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
edenssixthday

Araw Ng Mga Patay

A cheerful, raucous celebration of life and death: bouquets overflowing with gerbera daisies, waling waling, sampaguita, ylang ylang, hibiscus, night-blooming dama de noche, santan, and everlasting flower with piles upon piles of bibingka, ube halaya, rice muffins, champorado, purple yam cake, and turon, and plates of gooey kalabasa leche flan.

Banana, coconut, and exotic flowers (jasmine, ylang-ylang, orchid), with undertones of baked sweets and caramelized sugar. Cheerful, vibrant and lovely! If you love Manila, this is right up your alley. It’s gorgeous…really hoping this makes a comeback so I can get a bottle.

Wet on skin: boozy sugary fruits + florals! It may be the caramel giving it that 'boozy' note.

Drying: same as above, but a little calmer and a hint of baked ricey goods.

This is definitely unique, but there is just so much going on. This doesn't have sentimental value to me so I can't pick out any nostalgia-smells either, which makes the scent all the more confusing. :lol: It is pretty, and I can definitely imagine a scene where this scent would make all the sense in the world, but I'm not sure I can wear it. Bet it would smell lovely as a room scent, though.

Edited by MiasmaResonance

In the imp: Weird mashup of desserts and resin

Wet: Same.

Dry: It's calmed down now and it's not giving me an instant "NO!" reaction like before but I still don't like it. Unfortunately, nearly all these notes are new to me, so I can't distinguish what it is I dislike. I occasionally get a waft of sweet flowers but that's about the best I can do. Sorry for the useless "review"!

I love all the foodie notes in this scent but don't like the floral notes. Jasmine and me do not get along really. But the yam cake and flan are heaven. I want a foodie flan scent one day from BPAL please. Passed this on to someone who likes floral scents with sweet added in. It had pretty good throw and staying power though. Which was nice. :)