Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

How to make a paypal order.

OK I read through this thread, and i'm sure this has been answered but I can't seem to find it.

What if I have a long order and there is no way to fit it in the comments field in Paypal... DO I just put "Order to follow in email" or do I just put as much as the order as I can with a comment at the bottom 'Complete order coming via email"?

What do you normally do if your order doesn't fit in the comments?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Please feel free to link me if this is on the forum somewhere else that I didn't find.

- M -

I think a partial order on the Paypal comment field could be confusing, even if the complete one follows by email. I would just write "order to follow in email" and then make sure that you reference the Paypal order number when you write the email.

OK I read through this thread, and i'm sure this has been answered but I can't seem to find it.

What if I have a long order and there is no way to fit it in the comments field in Paypal... DO I just put "Order to follow in email" or do I just put as much as the order as I can with a comment at the bottom 'Complete order coming via email"?

What do you normally do if your order doesn't fit in the comments?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Please feel free to link me if this is on the forum somewhere else that I didn't find.

- M -

I think a partial order on the Paypal comment field could be confusing, even if the complete one follows by email. I would just write "order to follow in email" and then make sure that you reference the Paypal order number when you write the email.

Thanks. You are probably right. I'll do that this next time around.

If we want to make a paypal order, are we still going through the Checkout process through CCNow?

Which I'm dumb, nevermind, I see that it redirects you to the paypal page.

Edited by Carrie

If we want to make a paypal order, are we still going through the Checkout process through CCNow?

It will work that way, but the Lab states on their website that they prefer people not to use Paypal through CCNow. When you do that, they get hit with processing fees from both CCNow and Paypal, instead of just one or the other. We wind up paying the same amount either way, but they receive more of our money if we just go straight to Paypal to make the purchase.

Hello,

I'm new at BPAL. I want to order three 5 ml bottles each costing 15$ and 8 imps. This would be an international order. So what are international shipping rates? How much should i send with paypal ? Can anyone help me?

Hello,

I'm new at BPAL. I want to order three 5 ml bottles each costing 15$ and 8 imps. This would be an international order. So what are international shipping rates? How much should i send with paypal ? Can anyone help me?

Hi there - I'm also international, so I know it can be confusing when you do your first order :smile:

There's info on shipping here on the Lab website (scroll about half way down the screen).. it says:

If you purchase 12 items or less (in any combination of imps and 5mls), these are the shipping rates:

$11 to Canada

$13 to Western Europe & Australasia

So yours should be $13 - you just add that to the total of your bottles and imps when you pay via PayPal - remember to pay in US dollars. In the comments section of your PayPal order, write the bottles and imps you want to order, and say that your payment includes $13 for shipping.

If you're ever unsure about how to do your order, you can email customer service at answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com and they'll be happy to help you.

I hope that information is helpful for you, and have fun with your new goodies!

How can I make an international order from Twilight Alchemy lab?

I wasn't sure if you were asking about their Paypal address, but it is:

Please address all PayPal payments to:

twilight [AT] twilightalchemylab [DOT] com

The shipping charges would be the same as for the lab. I hope that this was the information that you needed. :)

Ok... I'm about to place a humongous order. :ack:

No, seriously... I'm ordering 29 bottles, which puts me over the $500 mark, and I'm a little freaked out by this. (It's partially for decant circles, so it's understandable, but STILL! 29 BOTTLES! At one time!)

Anyway... I know that there's no possible way to include all the info in the comments field in PayPal, so what's the best way to get the info to the lab? What do I need to put in the comments field in PayPal, and how should I list the bottles in an email? Since I'm ordering multiple bottles of some scents, is it easier to understand if:

I list each one multiple times,

or if I put "name of the scent x2",

or if I say "I want 2 bottles of each of these: blah, blah, blah... and 1 bottle of each of these: blah, blah, blah"?

Do I send the email to the same address that the PayPal money goes to?

(again: :ack: )

--M

Send your email with the full order to answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com. Using x2 should be fine. In the comments field just say that you're sending the full order in an email. Paypal is so annoying.. I have to do this every time I order a few imp packs.

last week i made a really big order (60 bottles, 50 imps, etc) and had to e-mail in the actual order after the paypal payment. i've been reading other people's comments on paypal, they usually get an e-mail confirming the order. should i e-mail? i don't want to be annoying, but i don't want it to be missed, either...=/

I have a similar question. I emailed the lab, after sending in an order with just the product IDs (which is apparently hard for them to decipher), with a more readable order, and was told to just write down the scent names, not product IDs or categories. The problem in my case is that even if I remove that it still wouldn't fit into PayPal's 300 character note window. I've emailed again to ask if an order looking like this is readable (10 bottles and 2 imp packs):

TheGirl

LambsWool

Creepy

ElDiaDeLosR

NowWinterNightsEnl

SnowFla

SnowWhi

SolInv

MotherShubSpicedLaitDC

Boomslang

1.HowDothTheLi'Croc

2.AgainstIdle&Misch.

3.No93eng

4.PaisDeLaCanela

5.AizenMyoo

6.Tezcatlip

1.BelleEpoq

2.Lyonesse

3.AnneBonny

4.PennyDreadf

5.Tweedledum

6.Tweedlede

Does anyone else have any tips on how to fit everything in to the bloody diminutive :rantrave: PayPal notes window? I suppose I could, y'know, make smaller orders (this is a large order for me, but probably not an unusually large BPAL order in general), or not order imp packs anymore, but that seems like a rather shoddy solution for everyone involved. ;) Is the only solution to try to make the PayPal subject line distinctive and send in the order in a, separate, readable email?

Wickedgoddess has stickied a great post on that very subject, Excetra!

Colormonochrome, as long as you have your email receipt from *paypal*, and/or the transaction shows up on *your* paypal account history, then you're golden. That's all anyone gets from paypal orders.

If you're concerned, you can always e-mail the Lab with your order and reference said e-mail in your paypal payment (example: See e-mail titled "ralenth's Monstrous Yule order part Q").

BPAL customer service is awesome. :wub2:

Wickedgoddess has stickied a great post on that very subject, Excetra!

Yup, I read it and promptly emailed the lab with a full list of the scents I'd ordered. :) The problem was that I couldn't fit everything into the PP textbox, even if I removed everything but scent names, and I'm not sure how ok it is to shorten scent names (like in my post above) without losing readability. I suppose emailing the order might be the easiest solution after all, but I cringe at the idea of a poor labbie having to try to match up an email with an order, so I can't help but wonder if there is a way to simplify it for them. Basically, I'm trying to be the least annoying customer I can be. ;)

haven't done this in awhile...

i sent money through paypal but didn't get a paypal confirmation. reason to worry? the transaction shows up in my paypal account.

What i did with my last order was start it in the suibject/title then carry it on in the comments box. I fit my order of 2 imp packs and 8 bottles in and it all got here ok :smile:

not sure it would work on a humungous order though?

Edited by lucy

It will work that way, but the Lab states on their website that they prefer people not to use Paypal through CCNow. When you do that, they get hit with processing fees from both CCNow and Paypal, instead of just one or the other. We wind up paying the same amount either way, but they receive more of our money if we just go straight to Paypal to make the purchase.

oh crap. you know i've read the site for years and i've never noticed that and that's what i did this morning. well, i know now what not to do next time...

Has anyone experienced address issues with PayPal?

I've been using PayPal for a while now, but only through online merchants with a store set up, like Etsy or ebay. Sending money through PayPal, the way we do it for BPAL (gaah, they rhyme) is relatively new to me.

The first order I made, PayPal snipped off the end of my street address. Thankfully, it wasn't a problem, but this time my CnS showed a weird string of characters (numbers and letters) after my name. I don't think the post office people would seriously think someone has 7-7ZN123456 as part of their surname when we're still in 2010, with more humans than robots, and disappointingly, no flying cars, so it shouldn't be a problem, but still, this is a bit weird, and I'm curious. What if next time, PayPal snipped off half my street address?

Has anyone experienced address issues with PayPal?

I've been using PayPal for a while now, but only through online merchants with a store set up, like Etsy or ebay. Sending money through PayPal, the way we do it for BPAL (gaah, they rhyme) is relatively new to me.

The first order I made, PayPal snipped off the end of my street address. Thankfully, it wasn't a problem, but this time my CnS showed a weird string of characters (numbers and letters) after my name. I don't think the post office people would seriously think someone has 7-7ZN123456 as part of their surname when we're still in 2010, with more humans than robots, and disappointingly, no flying cars, so it shouldn't be a problem, but still, this is a bit weird, and I'm curious. What if next time, PayPal snipped off half my street address?

I can't think of any address issues, but I did look up some old CnS emails to verify something. That weird-looking string of characters was on all my CnS notices. It differed each time, never the same string, but I just figured it was something the Lab assigned to each order. That's not Paypal's doing. Also, when you say Paypal snipped off the end of your street address, can you say more what you mean by that -- without giving away your actual address, obviously? Whenever I create a CnS in Paypal, the street address automatically gets abbreviated -- Street to St, Avenue to Ave, etc. Was it something like that? If so, as far as I know, they're just abbreviating to match USPS's style of address (if you were to enter a street address on the USPS website, they'd abbreviate the same way).

Hi angharad,

Glad to know that the weird strings are normal after all! Re snipping my address, I usually type in abbreviated form anyway, but where I'm at, addresses are usually like:

9 ABC St Wonderville NW (the last 2 letters indicate the part of the city)

Last time, the last 2 letters got snipped off. They aren't that important, since the post people can probably figure things out with the rest of the address. I just found it curious since it didn't happen this time (and has never happened when I have shopped online with PayPal).

How does the actual mailing label look? I have random strings of numbers (for example, 4-87204493) on mine, but they come after my name, not in the street/city part both in the CnS notice and on the shipping label.