Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

How to make a paypal order.

Please list your whole order in the comments field. =) Sometimes I'm too bimbo'fied to be able to cross-reference efficiently, especially when the PayPal email address you use doesn't match the one you correspond with.

Thanks, guys! :P

Being a complete newbie and slight killer of computers could anyone please tell me how to set up Paypal? whenever Ive tried it from an ebay link, it shuts down on me :P

I think Paypal hates me and have got by til now on bidpay, but it seems i need paypal to buy from the swaps thread as I have only one imp to swap (and I havent decided if I like it or not, yet!)

Many thanks,

Anita

Anita,

Just go to www.paypal.com

click "sign up for a new paypal account",

choose either "Personal account" and the "country" you are in,

Then enter your address, email address and password, and security question (like "mother's maiden name")

Agree to the "agreement,"

Then I believe the next page is to hook up your bank account or credit card.

I have mine hooked to my bank account, so it works like a debit card. then I use my credit card as back up. Most sellers like you to use your bank account because it charges the seller less to receive the funds. (I've been using Paypal for almost 5 years, and have never had a problem) Also, the seller never see's your account numbers, to your bank or credit card. All we see is your email, the amount of money you're sending, Your Order, and your address. Hope this helps!

Another plea for a non-Paypal method of payment for us international users. My boyfriend doesn't trust Paypay after having a bad experience with them so I'm very reluctant to sign up for a Paypal account. I would much prefer a way of paying BPAL directly. I'm in the UK.

Hi All! :D

Some of you may know this - it might've been posted in another thread - but I thought I'd tell you that the current, correct paypal address for orders is paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com. I just placed another order (my first paypal order) on 8/12 and had an email from Nella that this was the correct paypal address.

I used cupcake@blackphoenixalchemylab.com, and my order went through to the Lab, but that's not the address to use in the future.

Sorry is this is old info, just wanted to share. :P

claire G.

And Nella, if you happen to read this, thanks for your email! :D

Quick question about Paypal orders...

Do these need to be connected to a bank card? Because my paypal account is connected to my amex and not my bank card and since I'm seriously considering putting in another order for the King & Queen I wanted to try and do it via paypal since I (stupidly) used CCNow for the Mabon/Wildfire order.

Did that post make ANY sense? So yes. Help! :P

I was under the impression that you couldn't pay with credit card via Paypal after reading the FAQ but after CCNow cancelled an order on me for the third tme I asked Nella if I could use Paypal and she said yes. I went back and reread the FAQ and realized I had misunderstood what it said. Now that I know I can use Papal, no more CCNow for me!

Okay ANOTHER question,...do we use the shipping calculations on the site (ie it says for orders up to $40 it's $6.50) or do we use what CCNOW calculates and put that over to paypal or what? Sorry I'm dumb :P

I believe you have to use paypal if you are in the UK? There's a thread in the faqs somewhere...meh I know I've read it.

PayPal Orders

It's here for you ivytoad. It's really easy (but I was a bit daunted first time). Take your time.

red_jezebel is from the UK and about at the moment - I'm sure if you PMed her, she'd help you out - she's most lovely. :P

Good luck and welcome to the forums! :D

Edited by Miggins

bumping to say that lovely Nella has posted examples of how to write orders in the comments box when making a PayPal order. thanks Nella!

[added link to the example ~qs]

Edited by quantum spice

fyi, split out a bunch of old posts because of the switches in paypal addresses, wouldn't want people getting confused :P

example_paypal.png

Q you are cool :P

Nella (or anyone) is there an ideal subject line for PayPal orders? Customer name (real name, not handle), or something else?

Ok, that was insane. I just ordered with PayPal, and was going to use the credit card hooked up to my acct. Well, I had $5 left of "actual cash", so it used that and then put the *rest* on my credit card. It didn't give me any options on that, so I hope the Lab isn't totally confused and does realize I sent the whole amount... :P

Ok, that was insane. I just ordered with PayPal, and was going to use the credit card hooked up to my acct. Well, I had $5 left of "actual cash", so it used that and then put the *rest* on my credit card. It didn't give me any options on that, so I hope the Lab isn't totally confused and does realize I sent the whole amount...  :P

it should be fine. i think the lab just gets the total amount of money; they don't actually see where the money came from, as far as bank account, paypal account, credit cards go.

Resurrecting this thread to ask--I placed an order late Friday night for Cold Moon and some imps (pre-deadline). I did get my Paypal email saying the Lab got my payment, but I didn't get the Lab's autoresponder saying they've gotten my order. I still haven't gotten it, and it's not in my spam folder or anything. Should I be concerned (i.e. should I forward the Paypal email to the Lab)? I've always gotten the autorespond email since they started doing it. I don't want to bother the Lab with more email unless it's necessary!

Thanks!

I didn't get a auto-response either, now I'm curious to see if we should contact the lab. I figured it had something to do with the holiday and weekend.

ETA I received the auto-response from my 11/26/04 order on 11/29/04 :P

Edited by Finny

Ditto here - no auto-response to my Cold Moon update Paypal order.

Since it's happened to several of us I'm probably not going to email them just yet, I'm pretty sure everything is okay with the orders... but if anyone else does, please post the response here :P

I think I got an auto response thingy from BPAL/PayPal in addition to my receipt for payment for my 11/26 order. I didn't get Cold Moon, just a 5ml of White Rabbit.