Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

How to make a paypal order.

And again today... I sent a payment to someone for a decant circle. I have $2 in my PayPal account, but instead of using that, it did an eCheck for the full amount from my checking account. Is there some setting that I need to look at in my account?

I'm really confused now. :D

--M

I think I figured out what my problem was...

My bank card expired in January. I have a replacement, but the exp date is different. After all of the kerfluffle last week, I added the new card as a back-up funding source, and then when I placed a lab order today, it looks like it took the $2 from my PayPal balance and then withdrew the rest from my checking account.

Still not sure exactly *why* it resulted in such strangeness, but it looks to have been corrected now. :P

--M

And again today... I sent a payment to someone for a decant circle. I have $2 in my PayPal account, but instead of using that, it did an eCheck for the full amount from my checking account. Is there some setting that I need to look at in my account?

I'm really confused now. :D

--M

I think I figured out what my problem was...

My bank card expired in January. I have a replacement, but the exp date is different. After all of the kerfluffle last week, I added the new card as a back-up funding source, and then when I placed a lab order today, it looks like it took the $2 from my PayPal balance and then withdrew the rest from my checking account.

Still not sure exactly *why* it resulted in such strangeness, but it looks to have been corrected now. :D

--M

Glad to hear that it's straightened out, but it does seem sort of backwards, doesn't it? :P

I have a question.. which may be a dumb question, but I don't want to make any mistakes. :D

I want to buy imp packs and a Whippoorwills shirt. Usually when I make a PayPal payment, I pretend to make the order in CCNow and then copy and paste everything. Well, it's letting me order both the shirt and the imp packs through CCNow and the shipping price is the standard price for lab and Trading Post orders rather than double what it would be. I thought I remember Puddin' saying something about Trading Post and the Lab not combining their shipment totals somewhere? Or are the shirts considered part of the Lab? And also, if I'm ordering both, would I send payment to the Lab's PayPal addy or to the Trading Post's addy? Or split them to both by the items I'm ordering? I'm slightly confuddled. :P

CCNow will combine orders if you have items in your cart from one place when you place the order at the other. I think this is an error, and if you place the order with both types of items in it the lab will just cancel the order.

CCNow will combine orders if you have items in your cart from one place when you place the order at the other. I think this is an error, and if you place the order with both types of items in it the lab will just cancel the order.

Yep, that's right. The Lab and the Trading Post are in two separate locations, so orders can't be combined. While CCNow "lets" you do that, if you order that way we will have to cancel it and have you replace your orders separately.

I just remembered I'd been wondering about something earlier. I put in a couple of orders that I paid for by sending money to the BPAL PayPal address back in mid-May. At the time PayPal didn't say anything to me about shipping costs, and in one of them I made a note that I wasn't sure what to do about shipping, let me know plz. No one ever emailed me saying "you still owe us money, genius," (or at least I didn't get it; Gmail just a few minutes ago so kindly let me know that customer service had emailed me a question about one order on the 19th) so it kind of slipped my mind. How do you calculate what you owe in shipping for BPAL orders?

Arg! PayPal! I moved from the USA to the UK. My PayPal account is in the US and I wanted to add a shipping address in the UK. My last order, I just listed my shipping address, but, was asked to have it the proper way for the next order to avoid confusion. No worries, I thought! Anything to help out the lab.

Well, I can't add the UK address, so I cancelled the account. I opened a new account located in the UK and it KEPT SWITCHING IT BACK TO THE US! ARG!

So, now, I have another US account. I have emailed PayPal to ask them to add my UK address to that account because I can't do it! This is REALLY frustrating. I just want to place my order!

Grrrr!

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you resolve it?

I just remembered I'd been wondering about something earlier. I put in a couple of orders that I paid for by sending money to the BPAL PayPal address back in mid-May. At the time PayPal didn't say anything to me about shipping costs, and in one of them I made a note that I wasn't sure what to do about shipping, let me know plz. No one ever emailed me saying "you still owe us money, genius," (or at least I didn't get it; Gmail just a few minutes ago so kindly let me know that customer service had emailed me a question about one order on the 19th) so it kind of slipped my mind. How do you calculate what you owe in shipping for BPAL orders?

Shipping (except for large international orders, which you need to email to ask about) is on the BPAL FAQ page:

The shipping rates for the US are as follows:

Orders totaling up to $150.00: $6.50

…up to $300.00: $11.00

…up to $500.00: $13.00

Shipping costs will be waived for all orders over $500.00.

There are international shipping rates on there as well, but I'm assuming you're in the US because of your flag there. :P

Shipping (except for large international orders, which you need to email to ask about) is on the BPAL FAQ page:

The shipping rates for the US are as follows:

Orders totaling up to $150.00: $6.50

…up to $300.00: $11.00

…up to $500.00: $13.00

Shipping costs will be waived for all orders over $500.00.

There are international shipping rates on there as well, but I'm assuming you're in the US because of your flag there. :D

Ahhhh. There'd be the problem with not paying much attention to the pages that don't sound like they have nice smells on them--sometimes they have things I should read anyway. :P Thanks!

Edited by Mish

I ordered via Paypal (the first time I used PP instead of CCnow to order from the lab) a couple hours after the Dyan Moon update went up and I'm worried if I did something wrong. It says the money went through but I never received a CnS though it looks like people who ordered after the 18th have gotten theirs already. I'll wait another week before contacting the lab... PayPal makes me apprehensive for whatever reason... I really prefer CCnow. I filled my cart using CCnow then pasted all the info (including shipping) into the PayPal notes of my payment and paid through PP... is that how most of you do it?

I ordered via Paypal (the first time I used PP instead of CCnow to order from the lab) a couple hours after the Dyan Moon update went up and I'm worried if I did something wrong. It says the money went through but I never received a CnS though it looks like people who ordered after the 18th have gotten theirs already. I'll wait another week before contacting the lab... PayPal makes me apprehensive for whatever reason... I really prefer CCnow. I filled my cart using CCnow then pasted all the info (including shipping) into the PayPal notes of my payment and paid through PP... is that how most of you do it?

Yep, that's how I do it. :P

I wouldn't worry about it yet... I'm not sure what the process at the lab is, but they don't always process EVERY order from a given date before processing some orders for later dates. And it's always possible that the Clink-n-ship email somehow got lost. :D

--M

Still waiting on mine from the 18th, and I ordered through PayPal, too. Sometimes they have to mix up a batch of something, so people who ordered later and did not order that item get their orders first. No worries :P.

Ahhhh ok, that puts my mind at ease. I was worried I somehow goofed with the actual PayPal transaction.

Ahhhh ok, that puts my mind at ease. I was worried I somehow goofed with the actual PayPal transaction.

My experience is that as long as whatever you did resulted in you receiving a PayPal receipt, you're golden. In fact, the only time I had an issue with things missing from an order was a CCNow order (I think I just ordered so much that the screen/printout that had my ordered items listed cut off the last few items), and Bill got everything sorted out for me.

Has anyone ever had that thing where Paypal refuses to process your payment? I called my credit card company and it is fine. I called my bank and that is fine. So, I called Paypal. Apparently the system is stopping my payment to the lab because my payment pattern is different. I have done payments up to $24 and now I am trying to send a payment for more than $100 and it is stopping me. And Paypal can't lift the freaking thing off of the system. Their answer? Wait for a couple of hours. AHHHH! And if that doesn't work the advice is: submit half the payment in one transaction and the other half in another transaction. Arg! I don't want to do that to the lab! I am so sick of paypal I could just scream. But, I have no choice because I am in the UK and that is all that we can use!

Has anyone ever had that thing where Paypal refuses to process your payment? I called my credit card company and it is fine. I called my bank and that is fine. So, I called Paypal. Apparently the system is stopping my payment to the lab because my payment pattern is different. I have done payments up to $24 and now I am trying to send a payment for more than $100 and it is stopping me. And Paypal can't lift the freaking thing off of the system. Their answer? Wait for a couple of hours. AHHHH! And if that doesn't work the advice is: submit half the payment in one transaction and the other half in another transaction. Arg! I don't want to do that to the lab! I am so sick of paypal I could just scream. But, I have no choice because I am in the UK and that is all that we can use!

I've never had that happen to me, and I use PayPal all the time. Are you Verified with PayPal?

In either case, I would email the Lab ASAP. They'll probably let you send two smaller payments, as PayPal suggest, while they sort out the spending limit thing.

I've never had that happen to me, and I use PayPal all the time. Are you Verified with PayPal?

In either case, I would email the Lab ASAP. They'll probably let you send two smaller payments, as PayPal suggest, while they sort out the spending limit thing.

No, I am not verified. It won't let me because my husband also has a PayPal account with the same bank account. However, when I spoke to Paypal, they said that wasn't the issue because I had a sending limit of £1000 and had only used £70 of it. Since I am so new the country, I can't open my own bank account yet. :D I have emailed the lab. I hope I can even make the smaller payments, but, I didn't even want to attempt it until I asked the lab first. Thanks for your response! :D

ETA: Still not working! I called Paypal again and they said, make it in four smaller payments instead of two! Are you freaking kidding me? At this point, it is going to be such a pain for the lab. I was just going to cut my order down in size, but, I might as well get the most out of $13 of shipping. I feel terrible! I am really angry at PayPal. Really. Very. Angry. :P

Edited by smallpaws

My last two BPAL orders that I did through Paypal didn't show up (sheer volume perhaps?) so I've had to email both times about it. I got my oils/a quick response from the Lab so it's no big deal, but keep those payment sent emails just in case.

My last two BPAL orders that I did through Paypal didn't show up (sheer volume perhaps?) so I've had to email both times about it. I got my oils/a quick response from the Lab so it's no big deal, but keep those payment sent emails just in case.

Thanks for the info! The situation has gone from bad to worse with PayPal, but, thankfully, the Lab is being wonderful. However, if Paypal doesn't get this fixed, I won't be able to pay for my order. :P

So I placed a paypal order oh last friday I think, will I get any type of order confirmation or will my order just show up someday?

So I placed a paypal order oh last friday I think, will I get any type of order confirmation or will my order just show up someday?

You should have gotten a Paypal notice of payment, but the only thing that you will get from the lab will be a CnS when it ships.

You should have gotten a Paypal notice of payment, but the only thing that you will get from the lab will be a CnS when it ships.

Thank you >_<

I ordered from the uk by paypal the other week(17th July). the paypal amount went through fine.

My problem is this........ because we have a joint bank account we can only have one paypal account (grrr!) and it's in my husbands name - therefore all paypal recepts and notices go to HIS email and not mine.............. I can't log into his account (nor do i want to usually!!). how do i get a c'n's??????

ta

Lou

xxx

I ordered from the uk by paypal the other week(17th July). the paypal amount went through fine.

My problem is this........ because we have a joint bank account we can only have one paypal account (grrr!) and it's in my husbands name - therefore all paypal recepts and notices go to HIS email and not mine.............. I can't log into his account (nor do i want to usually!!). how do i get a c'n's??????

ta

Lou

xxx

His email address would get them (the one on the paypal account). I don't think there's a way for you to get them, unless you add your email address to the account and make it the primary email address.