Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

How to make a paypal order.

Okay, so I have a question about PayPal.

Usually I just go to PP, fill out my order, it goes through, and within minutes the money has transfered from my bank account to PP to the lab.

THIS time, however, I get an email saying my payment has been "initialized," and that it can take 3 to 4 days for me e-check to clear. On my main PP page, it still says the two payments I made yesterday are "uncleared"....

What did I do wrong? If the money doesn't get to the lab on time (I made an order of Pirate Moon stuff!), did I miss my chance, even though I placed the order yesterday? It says the expected clearing time is October 2! How do I get my account to go back to doing direct transfers? WILL I EVER GET SMELLIES AGAIN? The horror! D:

Okay, so I have a question about PayPal.

Usually I just go to PP, fill out my order, it goes through, and within minutes the money has transfered from my bank account to PP to the lab.

THIS time, however, I get an email saying my payment has been "initialized," and that it can take 3 to 4 days for me e-check to clear. On my main PP page, it still says the two payments I made yesterday are "uncleared"....

What did I do wrong? If the money doesn't get to the lab on time (I made an order of Pirate Moon stuff!), did I miss my chance, even though I placed the order yesterday? It says the expected clearing time is October 2! How do I get my account to go back to doing direct transfers? WILL I EVER GET SMELLIES AGAIN? The horror! D:

The same thing happened to me! I didn't mean for it to come out of the bank - I had funds!

Anyway, the Lab isn't responding to my frantic emails. :P :D

Can someone please help us? I'm considering placing another order (And it's a $200 order!) and putting it on my credit card just to make sure the order goes through before the Moons and LEs are taken down.

Edited by Spacekitty

Thank god! :P

Or, rather, Thank Bill the Lab Rat! :D

I just got this from him on behalf of Customer Service at the Lab:

It won’t be a problem, you order will certainly be honored. Thank you for your inquiry!

Thank god! :P

Or, rather, Thank Bill the Lab Rat! :D

I just got this from him on behalf of Customer Service at the Lab:

It won’t be a problem, you order will certainly be honored. Thank you for your inquiry!

Oh, hooray! :D :)

I figured out why it did it for me... apparently the credit card I had as backup expired, and you can't do instant transfers without a credit card backup. But I can't cancel the pending order, so I'm glad that it's okay to do delayed e-checks!

Phew! ;) B) :D

This is just a general FYI in case someone else was thinking about sending payments with a Blackberry.

I made a forum purchase, through Paypal, and tried to pay using my Blackberry. The 'comments' field never appeared, so I had to send a separate email listing my decants, forum name, etc....to make sure she had all my info. Well, I emailed Paypal to ask them how to add comments via Blackberry, and apparently you can't! With a Blackberry, all you can do is send a payment or view your balance....you can't add comments or look at your history (probably other stuff you can't do too). Which sucks!

Brand new to the forum & to BPAL itself, but I'm very excited to have found it and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my order.

I feel terribly rude to post (especially so hysterically) before having written an introduction, but I'm seriously in a panic!

I put in an order on 06/11 using paypal. It cleared on 11/11 & I got the paypal email saying that the transaction had been completed. I haven't received any further word, although looking at the CnS thread, my order should probably have been shipped by now. But then I understood that a CnS isn't always sent (or isn't always received) for internationals.

Anyway, my sudden freakout has come about after reading this thread. In the details of the paypal transaction, my current address is clearly displayed to me. (Didn't write it in the comments section because I'm an idiot I figured it would show for the lab, too). BUT I've just now realised that my old, interstate address is shown as my 'home' address. Even though paypal is telling me that I attached my current address to this order, is there a chance that the lab has sent my order to the old address? Am I worrying about nothing? And (off topic, sorry) should I be worried about no CnS?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can put my mind the tiniest bit at rest over this. My order is full of lovely things for me, and Christmas presents for DH & my sisters. I'm going to really quickly email the lab about this, but they won't be awake until I'm in bed tonight (although if I don't calm down I certainly won't be sleeping) and I was hoping that somebody might be up (or in a closer timezone!) and be able to reassure me.

I've searched the forum quite extensively looking for some answers, but either I haven't been able to find it, or what's happened isn't actually a problem - I know that this thread has had posters mentioning that paypal resets their address to the old one before submitting any order, but, as I said, my order (in my details section, at least) has this current address clearly listed.

Thank you so much & apologies again for hysterical first post.

Anyway, my sudden freakout has come about after reading this thread. In the details of the paypal transaction, my current address is clearly displayed to me. (Didn't write it in the comments section because I'm an idiot I figured it would show for the lab, too). BUT I've just now realised that my old, interstate address is shown as my 'home' address. Even though paypal is telling me that I attached my current address to this order, is there a chance that the lab has sent my order to the old address? Am I worrying about nothing? And (off topic, sorry) should I be worried about no CnS?

If you've looked at your paypal record and you see the correct address attached to your order, then I wouldn't worry. If you accidentally sent them two addresses and didn't note that one was new, I'm sure they would have or will contact you to clarify which they should use.

I think e-mailing them is the best thing to do (as you've already done). :P They're the only ones who can clear up if it has been sent and what address it was sent to. I would not necessarily worry about not getting a click-n-ship. Most orders from 11/6 have shipped by now, but it's always possible something was back ordered and it took them a week or two to restock.

Does anyone know how lenient the lab is with delayed lunacy orders in special circumstances? I placed an order on Christmas day for the December lunacies, but I accidentally did it in Canadian funds. I emailed the lab right away and asked them to tell me the difference and I will send in the money. I haven't received a reply, but Paypal has issued me a refund for my money. I'm wondering if I could place the order again (with US funds) tomorrow, but it's past the date that I am able to order lunacies.

I'm posting this in a few places so sorry if you see this lots of times!

Thanks.

l6l: Please contact customer service (answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com) for an answer to your inquiry. We are not the Lab and cannot answer your question, and the Lab has requested several times that they are not contacted here regarding CS issues.

I've made a few Lab orders before but they've always been straight from my bank account. This time, though, I had a balance in my paypal account and I made an order that was over that but combined with the money in my bank would be enough. Is that okay or did I do something wrong? I was pretty sure it was okay as I thought I'd seen other people talk about doing it, but I'm having a sudden attack of nerves as it said 'echeck from suchandsuchandsuch' and no mention of the Paypal funds.

:P

It should be fine. Log into your Paypal account, it should show where the money came from for your order. :P

I've made a few Lab orders before but they've always been straight from my bank account. This time, though, I had a balance in my paypal account and I made an order that was over that but combined with the money in my bank would be enough. Is that okay or did I do something wrong? I was pretty sure it was okay as I thought I'd seen other people talk about doing it, but I'm having a sudden attack of nerves as it said 'echeck from suchandsuchandsuch' and no mention of the Paypal funds.

:P

I believe that PayPal will only use your PayPal balance if it covers the ENTIRE amount of the order. It won't split it so that it will use your PayPal balance and then just take the rest out of your bank account. That was my interpretation of why they chose last Lunacy to take $60 out of my bank account instead of using the $56 that was in my PayPal account and just withdraw $4. :D

I believe I did find something somewhere EVENTUALLY about it in their documentation, but it's definitely not clear. :D

--M

Really? That must be specific to bank transactions, then, because it splits automatically for credit card transactions. Weird.

:P I've never had them NOT split a transaction between balance and other source, regardless of it being a bank account or credit card. My last order to the Lab was funded partially from balance, partially instant transfer from the bank. Does it maybe only not split when you do an e-check? I've always had the backup credit card funding available, so I don't think I've ever sent an e-check.

:P I've never had them NOT split a transaction between balance and other source, regardless of it being a bank account or credit card. My last order to the Lab was funded partially from balance, partially instant transfer from the bank. Does it maybe only not split when you do an e-check? I've always had the backup credit card funding available, so I don't think I've ever sent an e-check.

This happens to me as well. If I have a PayPal balance but not enough to cover my purchase, it will use the balance then make up the difference with money from my bank account (it shows up on statements as a Direct Debit to Paypal.com).

Huh. That's weird. 'Cause it's done it at least 3-4 times for me. It's never split it accross funding sources for me.

I have my account set up with my bank account as the primary and the Credit Card (which is actually a debit card and attached to the same account :P ) as the secondary funding.

--M

I've ALWAYS found them to take from the available Paypal balance and then it will pull the balance required from my primary funding source unless I choose something else. I've always wished that it didn't happen this way, because sometimes I want to use a CC and save my balance, but there is no way to actually choose that option.

I've ALWAYS found them to take from the available Paypal balance and then it will pull the balance required from my primary funding source unless I choose something else. I've always wished that it didn't happen this way, because sometimes I want to use a CC and save my balance, but there is no way to actually choose that option.

actually, you can choose another funding source for PayPal transactions. I've done that with my credit card instead of using instant transfers from my bank when I know I'd overdraft my bank account otherwise. There's a link under the default payment option that says "More Funding Options" and if you have the credit card already in your paypal account settings, you can choose that instead of instant transfer or your paypal balance.

actually, you can choose another funding source for PayPal transactions. I've done that with my credit card instead of using instant transfers from my bank when I know I'd overdraft my bank account otherwise. There's a link under the default payment option that says "More Funding Options" and if you have the credit card already in your paypal account settings, you can choose that instead of instant transfer or your paypal balance.

I have always been able to do that if I have NO Paypal balance, but there has never been an option for me if I do have a balance. I gives me no "more funding options" choice. I think that others upthread mentioned the same thing. The choice has always been there if I don't have a balance and I can choose different CC's or bank accounts which are linked to my account, but not if I have a balance. This is what it says on the "help" site:

You can use an eCheck, the PayPal Plus Credit Card, eBay MasterCard, PayPal Buyer Credit or PayPal Pay Later to make a payment and not use your PayPal balance.

and also this:

Note: If there is enough money in your PayPal balance to cover the payment, you cannot use your credit or debit card as a payment method for that payment.

Edited by portalkat

And again today... I sent a payment to someone for a decant circle. I have $2 in my PayPal account, but instead of using that, it did an eCheck for the full amount from my checking account. Is there some setting that I need to look at in my account?

I'm really confused now. :P

--M

Moryssa, I wonder if it's possible for them to recognize that your credit card is actually the bank account's debit card, so they're going about things as if you have no back up funding. :P

If it was for shelldoo's swaps or sales, this is in the wrong place as swaps and sales should be taken care of in the Swaps forums.

If this was for shelldoo's nail business, this is in the wrong place, as she cannot support her nail business on the forum.

The only way this is remotely appropriate in BPAL FAQs is if it's for the BPAL stuff she retails -- and even then, and like the Lab, shelldoo doesn't do CS for BPAL stuff on the forum.