Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mooncityminx

Leo Stellium

LEO STELLIUM
This liquid talisman was created over the days of August 15th through 17th during the conjunction of Mercury, Venus, and Sol in Leo. This oil endeavors to capture the energy of the Leo Stellium: it is an oil of rediscovering yourself, and achieving a better understanding of who you really are. Filtered through the splendid golden majesty of Leo, Venus is manifested in this oil as an internal mirror and a reminder of the immortality of the soul. Mercury manifests in this blend as a force for dynamic movement and change, and as a roadmap illustrating all possibilities. Mercury also manifests in its Trickster aspect, forcing us to confront self-delusion as exposed by the bright light of Sol. In this Stellium blend, Sol itself shows us how to bolster our self-esteem, confidence, and courage by confronting, understanding, and accepting our true will.

Through working with this energy, we can reinvent ourselves through serious and profound reflection regarding who we want to be and how we want the world to see us.

I can't believe I may be the first to review this! Well it just came in the mail. At first, I thought it smelled similar to Benevolent Triple Conjunction, but now it is different, though it will be difficult to explain what makes it so. The label is identical except for the date and, oh wait, I think the symbols are different.

In the bottle: Medicinal and citrusy, like menthol and lemongrass.

Wet: herbs, lemon verbena? menthol, geranium, uplifting lemon, lavender.

Dry down: During the dry down, I get a halo of something slightly resiny. I want to say tonka, but I have no idea. I was getting some kind of rosey floral for a moment, but not anymore.

As for effect, it's too early to tell. Will update if I notice anything.

Update: I wore this to a small gathering yesterday evening. I had no expectation about meeting anyone who could further my ambitions at all. I've been trying to transition into an art and children's book writing career. Last night I met a woman who asked me what I did for a living. I told her of my plans, and she said she had been approached about writing a children's book, but needed someone to do the illustrations. I did expect Leo Stellium to make me feel more capable of reinventing myself, but I did not expect it to immediately attract an opportunity offered out of the blue. I am very impressed! Edited by Tempest

Wet, it's herbal lemon and something else in particular that I can't identify. Floral, definitely, but I couldn't tell you what it is. Maybe bergamot instead of lemon? It reminds me very much of The Butterfly, but not as fuzzy.

I've had it on all day (it's not loud, but it's tenacious) and it settled into something almost powdery, like amber.

Wet, I get rose geranium and lemon. As it dries my mind turns to verbena. There is something underneath...sharp, medicinal, but not in a bad way. That part of the scent stays close to my skin.

It's not a loud, verbose scent, like you'd expect from a Leo, but bright, reminiscent of sunshine...warming, lazy, mellow, lying in the shade, cooled by a gentle zephyr. The verbena is tempered with something a tad sweet and savory; it's making my mouth water for a big glass of iced tea, sweat droplets covering the glass.

I haven't used this for intention yet, but I can tell you that it is a very uplifting, stimulating scent. It has already encouraged my mind to function at a higher level. Thoughts come more readily and I am able to communicate them swifter and more effectively. I can't grasp the ideas quickly enough as they take flight in my mind. My fingers can't type fast enough to keep up with them. I can find anything that has been missing in my home readily. My mind is focused, ready to take on any task.

It doesn't keep the verbena stage...it mellows out to a soft, close-to-the-skin, comfortable second skin scent.

I bought this for one of my closest guy friends and he told me he used it this morning. He put a tiny but in his dreads and some behind his ears and he said he felt energized and more clear headed pretty instaneously. He has a 45 minute walk to work in the morning and he told me he was pretty jazzed the whole walk. Then it kind of wore off when he got to work but he felt much more level headed than he has been as of late. I knew this would have pretty specific meanings and results for him because he is the Leo'st Leo I have ever met and is already pretty magical himself so it could only be beneficial for him to have this oil. I think he does like the smell too which he described as "citrusy" before I blabbed on about how I think it smells like geranium and lemons..

I did decant a tiny bit out of the bottle for myself to keep but it was still full when I gave it to him. I'd like to think that the fact that I had it wrapped up in a special purple BPAL pouch (which i got from the Geek Girls Tweet up at NYCC last fall) gave it a little something extra as well :)

Edited to add that he told me he's never used such a charged oil before and that it has pretty amazing effects for him :)

Edited by Duskinhereyes

I ordered this based on the properties it promotes moreso than the scent, but so far I have been exceedingly pleased. I love lemon and lemongrass and the sweet notes (which I can't identify) remain on my skin even after the citrus. It does provide the immediate lift of senses and mental stimulation mentioned in the above review. The throw seems long to me, but it is only my second day of wearing it. I'll follow up if anything changes.

If it 'works' as good as it smells, it will be invaluable in my own quest to 'rediscover myself', as the description says. (Honestly, the timing on this couldn't have been better.)

Golden sun scent with a bare and gentle touch of green. Something balsamic or menthol underneath that moves from warm to refreshing.

I get little citrus though. And citrus usually amps like crazy. Maybe an herbal citrus-tinged glow.

This is actually very pretty and somewhat quieter than I'd have imagined for Leo.

Things worked out very well for me today after using it. At least so far. Tonight I might go to an art gallery opening. Could be interesting.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

I always purchase and use TAL's for their properties and not their scent, but I have tried to pay attention to Leo Stellium so that I could review the scent because it is rather lovely.

I get a sort of rose and lemony smell from this. I, too, am thinking some sort of geranium, perhaps lemon or rose geranium or lemon balm. The lemon that I'm getting is not really like the fruit, but maybe verbena, or as I had mentioned before, some sort of scented geranium. There is also a wood note that wafts in and out but I can't really identify it.

Okay, I take that back about the lemon, because depending upon how much I apply, the lemon note varies. I just applied some more liberally than I normally do and it is smelling more like the fruit right now.

As for the properties, I only received this two days ago, but I got some good job related news, so that was interesting. My life for the past few years has been about reinvention, going from full-time, jeweler/metalsmith for over 20 years to healthcare worker.

I have my sun, my moon and 3 other planets in Leo, so Leo Stellium is going to be a very interesting addition to my life.

In bottle:

Wow! This perfume smells so fantastic in the bottle that I had to remind myself of the following. It IS a TAL oil, which as you know means that it is not a cosmetic perfume, but I would like to compare the smell of it to a mountain: there are layer upon layer upon layer. It has such a personality that I fell in love immediately. It is deep yet clean, spicy yet refreshing, and most of all; when you smell the bottle you get a feeling that it will work.

On skin:

A fantastic real perfume scent unlike BPAL oils which often smell either candy, earthy, fruity...you get the picture. This smells like an essential oil. A perfume. And boy boy boy boy boy boy, this is a miracle! I know this is not the topic to write about how it works, but it is a darn shame that there are no more bottles left. I am so glad that I got the last one on Etsy!

I hate the smell of this oil. It does not smell like lemons to me, it smells like yuck the worst kind of Burts Bees bug spray citronella candle ewwwwww. I love lemons. This is not lemons.

And on me it smells bad. Really bad. However I have to say, it works. Really works.

sigh.

I could stand to be an honorary Leo, and the 15th of August was an outstanding time for me, so I have hopes for this bottle

Opening bottle: Whoa! Herbal lemon and frankincense. It's not bad, though.

On, the frankincense comes out more strongly, and there seems to be a creamsicle note somewhere in there. Something creamy, anyway. I don't generally like lemon (herbal lemon can be ok sometimes), but this is good.

There seems to be a lot of energy to the blend and I feel a bit of relaxed alertness that wasn't there before. Very leonine.

Over time: Yep, still like a leo. A relaxed big cat.

Edit: Beth clears up my misconceptions here:

I just want to address what I think is a misunderstanding on the nature of the stellium blends.

Leo Stellium is called Leo Stellium because the conjunction of Sun, Mercury and Venus took place in Leo, but it's not really a Leonine blend. While the triple conjunction took place in Leo, filtering the energy through that sign, that's not the focus of that energy.

So it doesn't matter if you have planets in Leo or not.

Hm. The blend still seems to be a little leonine to me, but it is quite good for art and self-expression, I've found.

Edited by patina

In bottle: This is not good. There is something I can’t identify that I’m reacting badly to. It’s also got a lot of lemon and frankincense, both of which are not good with my skin chemistry. I do like much of the herbal undercoat, but I know I will amp all the strongest notes. It does make sense as a Leo themed scent.

This smells a LITTLE like the planetary oil Sol - being a Leo oil, I would expect some of the same ingredients. I get the frankincense and some other spices (orange? cinnamon?) in there, as well as something more minty/herbal. The minty note I detect in the Empress oil also, so it's probably the Venusian herb.

I used it on my chakras and got no irritation so it must be light on whatever irritated me about the Sol oil. It also smelled spicy, herbal and really nice on - the minty note didn't take over.

This oil went live at the time I was sitting in the tattoo chair, getting the second round of my back piece worked on. Getting tattooed is a major life-changing event for me, and everything about the intent of this oil just called to me at the perfect time. It's a lovely verbena scent, not too strongly lemon-scented, and grounded with the frankincense. Today I applied a small amount to a cotton pad and wore it in my Cheshire Cat scent locket. This afternoon, I was sitting in my office talking to an employee, and I kept catching wafts of this lovely scent that seemed to brighten what was a miserable, chilly, rainy afternoon. It actually took me a while for it to register that it was Leo Stellium wafting from my locket! I've tried many different scents in my locket, but this is the first one that wafted so strongly that I could actually smell it. Lovely, and exactly what I needed. :wub2:

Nobody's mentioned this yet. To me the freshly opened bottle (just arrived) smells like myrtle branches! I'll come back and edit this after I give it a proper test, but myrtle!

ETA: I have not worn this as a perfume, but I have been wearing it in my scent locket almost nonstop for three months now. I still get more myrtle than anything else from this scent. It is beautiful, cheering, energizing, and comforting all at once.

Edited by hlinspjalda

I hate the smell of this oil. It does not smell like lemons to me, it smells like yuck the worst kind of Burts Bees bug spray citronella candle ewwwwww. I love lemons. This is not lemons.

And on me it smells bad. Really bad. However I have to say, it works. Really works.

sigh.

There's really little I can add to this. The scent is not something I'd wear just for the fragrance of the blend: sharp, herbal, with a bit of citrus, that really, really wants me to develope a migraine. It mellows after 30 minutes or an hour to something that I barely smell. The first time I tried it, I got traces of something sweet and musky; I don't smell that now.

Boy does it ever work, though.

Edited by Imbrium

Scent-wise, I'm getting lemon balm, frankincense, and something dusty-herbal that reminds me of chamomile. The overall impression is of a slightly citrus-y herbal tea with a bit of sharp, clean frankincense underneath.

I applied this with intent both yesterday and today for Rosh Hashanah (seemed like the perfect time for "serious and profound reflection," confronting self-delusion, and starting out on a new path); I haven't noticed any major effect yet, but am wondering if I might be misusing this blend...

Regardless, much like Triple Benevolent Conjunction, this is a definite mood-lifter.

Edited by Wwindy

this fragrance is very cohesive and blended. for me there is fluffy, abundant flowering herb like verbena and in the very very background, gunpowder. which does work for me conceptually. :) something at the peak of its flowering and ignition. it has an immediate aggressive and pronounced thought clearing, spirit lifting effect. i have not done any larger rituals with it yet but have been wearing it and using it in an oil burner to influence my progress as i work on my own flowering and ignition.

This oil was created from an event that happened on my birthday, so I had to get some. It's fate!

In the bottle: Really sunny. It reminds me of the old Celestial perfume, Sol, except even brighter. And it has quite a throw, since it is on my desk and I can smell it from here.

On skin, wet: Lots of bright notes. I get a strong mix of rose geranium, marigold, chamomile, lemongrass and a little bit of resin, which reminds me of frankincense, which would be fitting. I take it the marigold, chamomile and frankincense are for the Sun, lemongrass for door opening and Mercury and rose geranium for Venus. There is an earthy mint quality to it too, I would assume was also for Venus.

Drying: It becomes a bright herbal on my skin with enough resin to hold it fast. It's bright and cheery, all gold and green. After some time, I get a bubblegum mint note. Have no idea where that is coming from! Maybe this reminds me of some gum I have tried?

Any odd effects: Well, I did get an ending to a book I am working on and I wanted to start with the end. I do consider my writing my Great Work, so this could help it along. At very least, it would keep me awake while writing and give me a good attitude.

Overall: It's nice. Glad I got a half bottle of it from a circle. It reminds me a lot of myself, which works, because it is what I consider my birthday oil and birthday gift to myself, since strange celestial happenings seem to hover around my birthday date.

This is kind of a citrussy, herbal blend, it really does smell like a TAL oil. The description really called to me, and I hope it will help with the difficult changes ahead in my life. Will report back!

Only commenting on the scent with this one, from a partial decant - this smells like lemongrass, chamomile, and maybe sage on me, which are all notes that I tend to dislike. It's like sour lemons and bitter, sharp herbs with a hint of smoky sage.

In the vial: Rose geranium and lemon verbena. Or lemon rose geranium. It smells like an aromatherapy blend rather than a perfume oil, as would be expected.

On me, wet: More lemon, less rose. There is a slightly camphoraceous note hovering in the background - partly geranium and possibly something else as well. There's also an herbal characteristic to it. It's pleasant enough to be able to wear in public as a perfume, although personally I would prefer more rose and less lemon.

After 20 minutes: The rose comes out a little more once it dries, although lemon remains the dominant note by far. It is an herbal lemon - lemon verbena or lemongrass or lemon rose geranium - rather than the lemon fruit. Although lemon isn't one of my favorite notes for a perfume, it seems very appropriate here, due to the association with the Sun.

After 30 minutes: Much the same, but the lemon is becoming softer, which makes me like it more and more. There is another floral note in the background that I really like, but like the rose, it's very subtle. There may be a touch of mint. And maybe a whisper of amber.

After 1 hour: I really like this now. The lemon has blended in more with the other notes and the scent is now much more complex. An incensey note has come out - the amber I noted earlier and perhaps also some frankincense.

After 2 hours: Almost gone. A faint lingering whisper of amber, incense, and lemon.

My rating: 4 stars

I got a bottle of this in a purchase from an awesome BPAL-er. :) i"m so blessed I was able to try it.

I haven't yet spent much time with it, but, like others, I do get an herbal, lemon smell. Lemon verbena? Maybe. Not sure. Something citrus and something green. I burned this on a candle and wore it for its magickal properties, but I didn't notice any differences. When I anointed the candle, I was kind of vague in what I was asking, so I should try that again.

ETA: I've been using this in conjunction with positive affirmations the past few days, and have noticed a shift in my thinking for the better. My mood is still a little rocky, but things feel like they're starting to come together.

Edited by starrykitten

Somehow, I've had this nearly a year and hadn't really used it. I forgot what its intended use was, but lately I've been feeling like I really need to dig it out and start working with it. Long story short, last year was rough. Things are definitely looking up, but I've got a lot of trust issues to work out, including trusting myself. I pulled up the reviews for this, and whaddya know. It's perfect for everything I want to work on right now.

This definitely has a lot of ingredients in common with Benevolent Triple Conjunction, to my nose. No surprise, really, as it involves two of the three same planets. As other reviews mention, the predominant scent is lemony rose geranium. I can't even conjecture beyond that, except to say it contains resin of some sort (I assume frankincense, as it's a solar resin). I think there's also some lavender and mint (would make sense, given mercury). Where BTC has a gentle, comforting, soft scent, this is brighter and feels more active. It definitely has a solar quality, and for some reason, strikes me as very Juipter-y. (I'm exhausted, so you'll have to forgive my inability to remember proper adjectives.) The color I associate with this blend is yellow orange.

I love the scent of BTC, and so I love the scent of this. I look forward to continuing to work with it during the bright months. It's a cheerful scent and I'll probably keep a vial with me for dabbing on, when appropriate. I am at a time in my life when more than ever, I want everything to be in the open, to accept the things I discover, and to Make It Work.

So, the moment I saw Leo Stellium on the Etsy site, I was all, "zOMG, sounds amazing!" As someone who has a deeply abiding love of Beth's solar oils, I knew it would be perfect. And you have no idea how perfect it is.

When I open the bottle and sniff it, I get whiffs of solar resins and rose geranium and lemon balm along with other things I can't identify - but it is a deeply complex warm citrus and resin scent with a touch of floral and... oh, forget it. It just smells like blissful happiness. It really does. Pure, utter bliss.

I use it two-fold: I feed my solar amulet with Leo Stellium and Sol, and it helps me sleep. But when I wear it on my skin? It stays all warm and sunny for a couple of hours, then fades to a deep, close-to-the-skin resin (I want to say amber, but it would have to be some really DAMN good amber not to go powdery on me) scent. And it has the side effect of making me utterly and completely calm, collected, and chill. Forget spurring me into action, it takes me from that place of overwhelming panic and fast-paced insanity and drops me into the middle of a field of "everybody stand back - I've got this". Maybe that's not what was intended by this triple conjunction, but I will take it as a blessing. (And buy more. Oh, wait, I already did.)