Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Lady Amalthea

A luminous white winter musk with lilac, wisteria, white chocolate, white mint, and tuberose.

Wet: Sweet and ethereal. Shimmery white musk kissed with pale florals and sweet cream. Dreamy.

Drydown: The lilac and musk are adding a beautiful cologne element that adds a sophisticated brightness to the blend. Melty white chocolate coats the snowy-floral background without adding too much sweetness. Pale purples and cool creamy white notes swirl about. It reminds me of winter and spring at the same time.

Dry: A marvelously floaty and enchanting blend. Every note is present and working together beautifully. Wispy, creamy, iridescent, pale, nostalgic, fresh, and fae. This is the exact type of girly I can get behind.

Final Thoughts: Lady Amalthea exists somewhere between Jareth and Snow White to my nose. And it's absolutely gorgeous.

8 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

Cool, wintery mint and florals in the beginning. I love mint but I was hoping for a less dominant version in this and unfortunately my skin just projects it. So for the first ten minutes I wasn't totally captivated by this. Then the mint retreats and I get a gentle cocoa butter undertone that's just barely sweet and helps keep the florals from being too stuffy. It doesn't smell like chocolate but the creaminess is still familiar without turning into sour plastic as milky, foody notes can sometimes do on me. I like that even with the chocolate this stays very light and translucent. The white musk melds with the mint really beautifully and it does have a cologne type of scent like a couple others mentioned. The florals are clean without being soapy and it all feels very watery and thin and calm.

I wouldn't wear this as in a scent locket but once it's had a chance on my skin it really shines and becomes quite beautiful.

In the imp: Wintery, indeed. I get the cool musk, mint, and flowers.

Wet: This reminds me of something. It has a bit of a Yule-vibe, and so I thought it might be making me think of another snowy floral. However, it's the musk note that reminds me of something, and I think it's the musk found in Snow Glass Apples v4. (I've never tried the released version of that scent.) The floral notes in this blend are very strong, and they seem to be getting stronger with time (although the musk and the mint are still present).

Dry: Same, but stronger on the floral aspect. I don't really get the white chocolate from this.

Verdict:
This is okay, but there are other wintery floral scents that I prefer to this one.

I got a frimp in a recent forums purchase and this was one of those Last Unicorn blends I was always worried about thanks to the mint and white chocolate (not a fan of white chocolate and I'm not usually thrilled with mint unless I'm in a very specific mood), but this? This is gorgeous. I'm so glad this was frimped to me, I never would have tried it otherwise! The florals here are amping on me and they really keep the mint in check, so instead of it smelling like I'm smeared toothpaste or rubbed mint leaves all over myself, the mint smells like cold air. It's all soft, delicate flowers on a crisp winter day. There's even a breath of musk that just takes this blend to another level. This is so beautiful and evocative, so ethereal and dreamy. This may very well be a bottle purchase.

In the imp: Flowers and mint!

Wet on my skin: I was very much looking forward to this scent, but was very unsure when I first put it on. It was strong wisteria and tuberose with a little bit of mint and white chocolate. Sweet florals are very hit or miss on me, and I was a little afraid this was going to be too sweet.

Dry: Now, the achingly beautiful Lady Amalthea has come out in her full splendor! This scent is a cool purple in my mind's eye. The powerful florals settled down somewhat and perfectly harmonized with the other notes in this blend. The florals are still the dominant note, mostly the wisteria and tuberose with a tiny hint of the lilac, but the winter musk and white chocolate soften and mist over the flowers just enough that it's not overly sweet. The scent is then cooled to a wintry purple-white by the mint. I live in Colorado, and this scent reminds me of one of our mid-spring snowfalls, when the flowers are all in bloom and the sun is shining, but there's snow on the ground and frost on all the petals. Lovely, lovely fragrance.

The throw on this one is all but gone from my skin in 3-4 hours, leaving behind traces of wisteria and chocolate when I put my nose close to my wrists. Interestingly, its short-lasting beauty fits the rest of its character inspiration, so I'm okay with that.

Chilly, ethereal florals entangled in wisps of mint. Occasionally, I get a tease of white chocolate and then its gone.

There are a few moments during the wet stage where the flowers threaten to go into soap territory. As the scent dries down the floral notes blossom sending soap running far, far away.

Lady A. is a feminine, light, cold, spectral scent. She's Snow White's more floral, big sister.

I cannot distinguish the individual floral notes but, combined, they give off a lavender-colored vibe.

Lady A. is a true beauty. I will be purchasing a bottle with my next order.

In the bottle: The white winter musk and the white chocolate is very strong- all the herbal and floral notes are undertones. It evokes clean, pure skin and sweetness, with the promise of spring just around the corner.

Freshly applied: Similar to in the bottle, only the floral and mint notes are stronger...the chocolate and musk dominate. It very much evokes a virginal yet sensual woman, someone who is innocent as a dove but beginning to grow in the wisdom of the serpent. A woman who gently breaks the spring flowers out of the snow drifts, who always has a smile for playing children and a wary but wide-eyed look for a man. The scent is soft, white and nearly ethereal, with the musk and the chocolate holding it down to earth.

Dry: White musk and white chocolate are strong. Musk usually goes powdery on me unless it's got other scents to mellow it out. This one works very well and is one of my favorites.

This is actually my god daughter's favorite, too. :)

In the imp: A light, sweet, floral musk, with just a tiny hint of mint & white chocolate.

Wet on skin: Still musky, but the other notes are all competing with each other over who should dominate. Minty white chocolate & musky tuberose seem to be winning at the moment.

Dry on skin: Mostly a musky white chocolate now (although the mint & flowers are just barely there if you're looking for them).

After a few hours: About the same as dry. Not what I was expecting, but still really nice.

Verdict: A lot more subtle than I was expecting from the first sniff. A very mild, dusty perfume.

this starts off with a hint of that snow or ice note and maybe some wisteria? it's some floral scent, but doesn't seem like lilac or tuberose to me. a bit later i think i am smelling a hint of the tuberose, along with some mint. the lilac is subtle and in the background and after awhile it becomes primarily a minty-snow scent mixed with florals. i don't seem to get any of the white chocolate and not much musk either. this is pretty and very wintry, yet the snow is balanced out enough with the florals to make it helps keep it from being too yule-like.

Wet, this is very mint dominant on me. It's pretty much drowning out all the other notes. It's a sweet mint, with a bit of floral greenness. Mostly it smells like toothpaste.

Dry...still toothpaste. Sad. I get none of the Lab's beautiful lilac or white chocolate I had hoped for. My skin has turned this into toothpaste. Boo, skin chemistry!

ETA: Oh my gosh HOURS later, once the mint finally burned off, this has turned into the most beautiful sweet musk I have ever smelled. I will need to test again. Why can't it smell like this from the beginning? I don't wanna smell like toothpaste for hours first!

Edited by LizziesLuck

It smelled weird and minty and antiseptic wet, but dry it's a nice wintry floral. Still unexpectedly minty, but it and the florals are an interesting combination. Light, pretty, and unique.

When wet, the chocolate and mint are more prominent on me, but as it dries down, the florals take center stage, but like other reviewers have said, you can still detect each note - I keep sniffing my wrist which I am sure looks bizarre. Perhaps this is how other BPALers learn to find one another in public - gee, that person sure is sniffing their wrist a lot, are they a BPALer? You really have to dig in close to smell it on your skin, but I can smell it floating around me - not much throw, but a very delicate, misty scent that stays close. This is a sorrowful perfume much like Lady Amalthea herself, and I prefer the innocence (and coconut) of Last Unicorn to this, but that being said, I will be using this imp up.

I loved the way this smelled wet - floral but not overpoweringly so. Sadly, once it had been on me for about an hour, all I and my friend could smell was baby powder.

Hmm..there is a note in here that reminds me of a cross between Snow White and bpal's champagne note. That must be the musk. The mint is quite strong, so strong that my eyes tingle a bit. It takes a while for  the florals, mainly lilac, to develop. It is a strange combination. I like it, but not as much as The Last Unicorn, which also has unusual note interplay.

ETA I get chocolate in the final drydown, which is interesting, as it is usually a top note. 

Edited by Minh Scent

When this went up on etsy I dithered. No matter how many times I promise myself no more blind bottles, I keep, you know... buying blind bottles. 🙄 But I read the reviews and checked my scent twins and I read the board and I've seen many times how excited people were for this scent, so I figured if it didn't work out, it'd be easy enough to rehome.

I get mint and the faintest breath of tuberose in the bottle, but this goes on as the Lab’s slushy, minty snow note, and stays there. I literally get nothing else. No musk (which is good), no chocolate, no wisteria, no flowers at all.

Now, I happen to love the Lab’s slushy, minty snow note, so this is not a bad thing by any means, but I bought this hoping for the lilac and tuberose. Oh well; guess I’ll keep looking for the lilac and put this one next to Öndurdis and Jarnsaxa. They can be ski triplets. :)

Starts off not very impressive -- a high-pitched, non-specific white floral, which isn't really my jam at all. As it warms up and dries down, though, it's indescribably lovely -- the white chocolate note comes out and softens all that harshness and it becomes an absolutely lush, creamy bouquet. I have a hard time picking out specific floral scents on the best of days, but I'm very much getting the lilac and tuberose, I think. To my nose, this shares a quality similar to Playing Tag in a Garden Full of Gods but the chocolate really warms it up and rounds it out into a scent I just wanna bury my nose in (more like two of my other favorites, The Witches and even a bit of Love's Philosophy, though those veer more heavily on the 'cream' than chocolate).

Needless to say, I like it quite a bit, and would definitely consider it a keeper. Glad I hopped on that Etsy train while I could.

In order of intensity: cool wintry mint, sweet pale florals, soft white chocolate! All of those are present and distinct - I keep wanting to sniff my wrist more, over and over!

There is something misty and magical and ethereal about it, and also - not quite sad, but like, yes, a unicorn who's learned about regret and love and loss, pensive and cool and wise.

Extremely lovely scent. I would describe this as creamy, cold, and floral. The lilac, wisteria, and tuberose definitely stand out most when I first put it on, but there’s a creaminess and sweetness to it that comes from the white chocolate, I suspect. There’s a certain “chill” to the scent that is definitely the mint. On dry down it becomes very soft, more centered on the lilac and cream. Absolutely perfect for Lady Amalthea.

From the reboot.

A chilly, creamy floral. Ethereal, but grounded somewhat by the white chocolate. Absolutely gorgeous!