Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PixelTreason

Foodie Smells lover and a Halloween question.

Hey, all!

I got a few imps from BPAL recently after hearing about it online and deciding to try it. I LOVED a few of them (others, not so much but not every smell is good for everyone!) but really enjoyed "Eat Me" because I adore food scents.

SO I have a few questions.

1. Can anyone recommend imp-able food scents (or even non-imp-able)? Your favourites?

The website can be really confusing. There's so much to go through and it seems so complicated!

2. I heard about a scent called something like candy apple candy corn for Halloween but it seems it's not being made anymore. :( Is there any way I can get that (it sounds like it smells frakking DELICIOUS) or are there new Halloween scents I am missing? October is almost here, after all...

Thanks for any help you can provide!

You have made a giood choice with Eat Me! It wasn't a huge favorite for me when it was brand new.... but I let my bottle age a bit and it is awesome! Also, check out Drink Me from the same collection.

More lovey foody scents in the general catalog are Shub-Niggurath (evil gingerbread cookies is the consensus, and I agree!), How Doth the Little Crocodile smells like peppermint patties, Bliss is straight up chocolate, Halfling in the RPG line smells of oatmeal cookies, and Vice is mostly chocolate orange.

And really, you are getting into bpal at the PERFECT time for foodie scents - the Halloween scents should be up in a week or so - and that is a foodie lovers paradise!!!!!!!! :D

Welcome!! I found a couple threads for you to look through, maybe you can find some more you like:

bakery scents

sugary/candy scents

chocolate-y scents

general foody scents

I'm not really a foodie girl, but I do like Cockaigne, and it is impable.

As for Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple, I'm afraid it's not for sale by the Lab anymore, it was a Limited Edition. You can cross your fingers that it comes back when they release this year's Halloweenies, or try looking on the sales/swaps pages to see if any fellow forumites might be selling a bottle :)

Edited by Molls

My favorite food are Josie (peach) and Hungry Ghost Moon (which I call The Evil Cookie). Thirteen from this year has an amazing chocolate top note, but it's only the top note that is "foodie"

Luck to you, I think you will find many things you like here.

I love Jack (pumpkin-y peach goodness), Eat Me, Bliss... a lot of the ones people have already suggested. I think your best bet is to look over the threads that Molls recommended! :yum:

Many of the LE's (Limited Editions) are foody scents and many members are willing to sell decants or lab imps from their private collected or unloved ones they would like to rehome. :) I'm a foody too so I completely understand!

I love foody blends too! Sadly I cannot wear a lot of them :( because a lot of foody scents turn to plastic on me. I do have a few that I love and work for me:

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

- no-cream chocolate! yum. also GC :)

Dorian

This blend is an artful deception: a sweet gilded blossom lying over a twisted and corrupted core. A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

- also GC! plenty people love dorian too :)

Wulric the Wolfman

Friendly, charming, and cuddly, but possessing one hell of a mean streak: cocoa absolute, French vanilla, birch tar, lavender, bourbon vetiver, wild musk, clary sage, and cistus.

- the Carnaval Diabolique is temporarily down, though! But definitely try one, a decant might be around somewhere :)

There are two other LEs that are fairly difficult to find (although not all LEs are are sought-after as they are) which I do love: The Anti-Saloon League (Our version of a Black Cow, a 1920’s virgin thirst-quencher: sarsaparilla and cream.) and MB Underpants (Who doesn't want a monster in their pants? Sexy sugar-smeared saffron sandalwood over lickable vanilla cream with a splash of butter rum. This bit of cheekiness inspired by the mods on bpal.org!) -- both of which have cream but, amazingly, work on me and does not turn into plastic.

Other blends that did not work with my skin chem, but you might want to take a look into: Dragon's Milk (GC), Bread and Butter Fly (GC), Velvet (GC), Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener (GC), Tokyo Stomp (LE), Love's Philosophy (LE). The cake blends are good too, if you like highly sweet foody blends (I don't, hehe), like Cake Smash (LE), Anne Beany (LE), Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat (GC but unimpable), Knockout Drops (LE), Bones Trombone (LE), Playing with Dangerous Toys (not entirely sure of released version, but the v2 prototype is certainly bubblegummy-cakey), etc...there's really a lot :x

Hiya PixelTreason :wave: Welcome to the forum!

Oh yeah.. if you like the foody ones, you're going to love Halloween time!! You had better start putting some pennies away now, in preparation :smile:

Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple was actually from last year's Halloween series at the Black Phoenix Trading Post (scroll about a third of the way down that page and you'll see it) - so it was a Limited Edition, and no longer available. However.. I found a bottle for sale here, and if you look through the 'For Sale' topic you can probably find a decant (an imp-sized sample) if you'd prefer to try it before grabbing a whole 5ml. Last Halloween was like a foody-lover's feast - but sadly those things are always limited editions. Really though, there's not much you can't find if you dig through the For Sale area, so don't give up on finding something even if it's no longer available.

Eat Me is an interesting one, because it has the cake and also the currant/berry notes.. so the trick there is to work out which it is you like (the cake or the berries) or whether it's the combination of the two.. that will help you decide what other similar things you might like to try. Molls has given you some excellent starting points in those links she posted, but if you spend some time in the 'Recommendations' topic then you will be able to look through pages of recommendations and suggestions for just about every kind of smell you could ever want! Probably the best collection of foody-related scents are in The Mad Tea Party line, but there's some good ones scattered all through the General Catalogue. And yes, the website can be a bit overwhelming.. just start at the top of the menu on the left and work your way through one collection at a time - if you take notes of the ones that catch your eye, you can come back here and then read the reviews to find out more.

But back to Halloween - it won't be long now, and they should be here.. so maybe just browse around for now and wait to see if anything tempts you when the Weenies get here :D

WOW! You guys, I didn't expect such an awesome response, thank you so much!

I'll have to read it all when I come home from work - I'm excited to try all these new scents! And I can't wait for Halloween!

Ooh here's one I forgot, Lemon Scented Sticky Bats, it's like a lemon cookie, and you can buy it GC! Meaning it's available through the General Catalouge.

Also helpful for me, if you have say a million hours of spare time ;) and are reading the Lab's offerings, I make notes about the stuff that looks interesting and then I look at reviews. Of course you are not going to jibe with every review, if say you LOVE vanilla and the reviewer does not you will smell the scent differently, but I find even the negative reviews helpful ie, "Eeew gross me out man smells like lemons" I know it's for me because I love lemons.

You guys have been SO, so helpful.

Jack sounds amazing - I love pumpkin.

I feel the desperate need to try:

Jack

drink me

bliss

vice

cockaigne

Thanks so much for all of your help! I have a lot to look through tonight!! :D

Dude... I'm all over foodie smells, too. :wub2:

My top recommendation is Golletes. It was available only last fall but I've seen it for sale on the BPAL Marketplace recently. It's described as a circular pink pastry and it smells just like that, with a touch of Crunch Berries. Hands down, my favorite foodie.

You'd probably love any of the Beaver Moon scents. It's a little different every year it's released, but it always stays in cheesecake territory.

As for GC blends, I suggest: Dana O'Shee (marzipan), Jack (spicy pumpkin), Jailbait (sweet bubblegum), Bread-and-Butter-Fly (buttered bread with sugar), and the ultra-sweet Cockaigne.

Also, a forum-only perfume called Sprinklecake was just released. It sounds like the ultimate in foodie heaven-- "Rainbow sprinkles baked into rich vanilla cake with thick, creamy frosting topped with glittery candy flakes." I'm drooling just thinking about it.