Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I didn't see another review thread for this, and I tried searching for one... I ordered this bottle from the lab's etsy shop, hoping that it would be a more wearable version of The Ifrit, and it is that for me. ^_^

NGIFR6 reminds me of blends like Priala, Sunbird, and The Ifrit - sort of warm, sweetly spicy, bright resins and that perfumey, slightly gritty sand note. It makes me think of gold, resins, and a mix of soft cinnamon and sweet clove. It has great throw and staying power, but stays smooth and doesn't turn sharp or smoky on my skin. It reminds me a lot of the earlier bottles of Priala that I own (the newer/latest bottles I have smell like vetiver rather than sweet spices and resins).

This is nice and spicy, almost foody on me. I get a soft resins, sand, and warm spices - soft clove, slightly sweet ginger and dry cinnamon. This ends up smelling like chai tea on me. This is really nice and I don't even like clove.

Personally, I think NG stands for Neil Gaiman, and IFR for Ifrit. Because it has a very similar vibe, and there is a dryness that reminds me to the released version. Spicy - I smell cinnamon, ginger and some clove. Resins in the background, and sand.

In bottle: (Note bene, my sample size is very small, being a sniffie from a trade). It is softly spicy over sweet resins. It is bright and delicate. It is very slightly cinnamon roll, without going all the way over to foody. It feels like a very summer afternoon in my mother’s kitchen with the light pouring in the wall of windows and dough rising in the sun. I am having a hard time identifying the resins though they are familiar, and there is a metallic edge to it, through I’m not remembering which one makes that smell. (I know it’s not iron or silver, which are heavily represented in my collection. Gold, maybe?) Anyway think, warm, shiny, spicy. Wet: slightly weird on my skin. I’m loving the metallic and resins, which really blossom on my skin. The cinnamon and clove dominant spices are comparatively softer, but work beautifully with the warmth of the resins and the metallic sparkle. This is subtle, with not a lot of throw, but quietly dazzling. Dry: the resins plus clove go a touch plastic, but in a surprisingly attractive way, like a Barbie head just out of the package. It wears liong, though remains soft. It really does end up mostly clove plus incense. It remains deeply alluring. I’m rather sorry I hadn’t a larger sample for slathering.

A frottle from the Lab, in 2022!

Warm dry spices, in the bottle and on me. Cinnamon, ginger, clove, probably? Unless there's something else I'm not picking up. It's not really foody as much as it is just the spices hanging out and being warmed by the sun, possibly in the desert, where the air itself is gently heated. It's not sweet, at least not on me.

It's not my usual, but I kind of like it! I feel like this would actually be a nice scent for late summer/early autumn - the end of burning golden days, the approaching shift in the air, the transition between lingering late heat and the desire for more heat against briskness. Possibly while baking something with cinnamon.