Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
plumlicorice

Licorice Bark

i got an imp's ear of this as a freebie with my last order. i didn't find any other reviews of it on the forum, so i suppose it's new...? apologies in advance if i'm posting this in the wrong place. :P

this is probably the lightest BPAL fragrance i have tried yet; it's barely noticeable even five minutes after applying. sweeter than the real stuff and almost powdery like some sort of black confectioner's sugar, this isn't overpoweringly licorice-y, although it would have been fine with me if it was! :D i thought it would be a bit spicier, but it is lovely as it is.

Edit: Nope, no review yet but it's in the single note section. Don't worry about posting it in the wrong spot, it happens! -s.violet

I just got this in a swap. And it is very light.

But it isn't too sweet. It's like Dutch candy. When I was in Holland I would get these black licorice candies that were shaped like little naked peeing boys. Weird, I know. This oil smells like sniffing that little cone-shaped bag full of naked licorice boys.

YUM!

Several hours later and it is much sweeter now, but a pale sweetness. Not sticky at all. Very dry and light and beautiful. It's a dark whisper of a scent.

eta: It made my arm cold where it was applied. :P

Edited by xoe

This has a definite black licorice smell to it, but it smells a lot better than black licorice usually does to me. This is softer, creamier, and more of a subdued sweetness. It sort of makes me think of black licorice smothered in powdered sugar. I'm going to love layering this with some other foodie perfumes that it could add a touch of dark sweetness to.

I hate black licorice, but this at least isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It does smell just like black licorice gummis, but it's softer and more sugary sweet than I was expecting. It doesn't last long either, which is good in my case.