Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Roogna

PNSAK21

Hopefully this is in the right place...

It's so soft in the bottle I can hardly smell it. Initially on my skin it's still very soft and pleasant with an almost herby/earthy/woodsy/insence quality that's nice but I can't put my finger on it.

After an hour or so the scent turns very "brown", not exactly earthy but has that quality to it.

It's not a strong scent.

*edit - later in the day it's a tad more incense, but still "brown" and it's really, really faint (nose to wrist)

Edited by Roogna

This started out mostly a pretty, soft rice wine blend on me. I'm not sure what else is in here, but as it dries, I also get a fruity, creamy, slightly citrusy scent. Sadly, after a while, something turns sharp and the blend ends up smelling like hair dye on me. :(

Ever smelled Fresh's Sake fragrance? Yeah, this is it. Without the peach I think. Reminded me strongly of Loosening of the Obi when that blend was in the wet stage. This stays like that all the way into the drydown.

This definitely reminds me to Loosening the Obi. It's rice wine, something citrusy, and I get more peach blossom as opposed to peach on this during the drydown. I also get some oakmoss from this.

Definitely very Shunga-esque!

In the tester, this is floral, white, dusty, with a bright citrus note that's rather faint. Doesn't change much on me, including the lack of throw :P I see the Loosening of the Obi comparisons, but this is not as creamy and green--this prototype is more herbal than green, and has a relatively prominent citrus note to my nose. Doesn't morph from wet to dry.

This goes on smelling like sharp citrus on me (sort of lemony), with a bit of a sharply floral-musky drydown. I was expecting it to be more of a creamy scent with all of the comparisons to Loosening of the Obi's rice wine, but this is rather sharp and bright smelling on me.

I completely agree with the comparisons to the Shungas. This scent reminds me a little of Shirafuji Genta, without the grapefruitiness. It's a lovely sake-like smell with pretty decent staying power. :) It goes super well with my happy sushi soap, and I am loving and cherishing my bottle. :thumbsup: