Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Invidiana

XNIA2

I had high hopes for this one because I love the name Xenia which in Greek means "stranger". It was a bit difficult to discern as it settled. It started off with what I'm taking to be a strong black tea note, but dried down to something of a sheer lemony anise. I feel that there is something light and earthy in the background, which I'm guessing is a black tea with a very slight smokiness. It can't be green tea because my skin turns that to Attack of the Lemon Death. There is a moderate sweetness there as well. Overall this reminds me of a cup of licorice tea with a squeeze of lemon and a cube of sugar. It's oddly refreshing though not really my thing.

Wow, it's amazing what different noses smell!

To me this is patchouli and dirt. Strong, earthy patchouli. Amazing! I can only imagine how this will age.

VERY strong patchouli when first applied. This calms down quite a bit after a few minutes. I also get something menthol-like and a lily note.

Strong patchouli which sort of smells like cedar, dirt, and menthol.

Smells like mentholic pencil shavings on me. :(

This kinda reminds me of the bptp Terrae massage oil. Sort of like earthy patchouli, cedar chips, and a hint of medicinal herbs and menthol. It's not something that I really like as a perfume.

Very light and sweet - Floral! almost a fruit note to it as well. I also picking up one of the labs lighter Rose notes (which always are bad on me)

very much like one of the lighter Last Unicorn scents...

I don't get any earthy or patchouli

I like how everyone gets something else out of this blend.

Wet on my skin I get the lab's stone note and anise. It dries down to a pleasant woodsy wet stone scent, it reminds me of the base notes of Tiki King.

...Black patchouli? Slightly aquatic and ozone-y. Some sort of white floral and a wood note. Not sure what to think of this. Interesting though!