Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wild orchid, pikake, honeysuckle, calla lily, agave nectar, pink geranium, violet leaf, and white amber.

Blue Morpho is what I'd classify as an aquatic tropical floral. On my skin the agave nectar, pikake, and honeysuckle come to the forefront, with just a hint of amber in the background keeping the florals from going too strident. I'm not a fan of whatever tart note is lingering in the background (the geranium or violet leaf?), but as Blue Morpho dries the tartness fades some. I hope with some more aging it goes away completely, or at least smooths out. Overall Blue Morpho is a nice, clean close-to-the-skin floral scent that I could see myself wearing to an office where strong scents are forbidden.

I'm happy with my partial bottle, but I doubt I ever need to fill it.

EDIT: Added Lab's description.

I just received this, and I am already pretty sure that this will be one of the scents I will grab very often. I am completely in love with the cool, crisp, juicy quality of this beautiful blend.

In the bottle it is sweet, bright, fresh and very, very well blended. I suck at picking out notes, but the pikake and honeysuckle are obvious, but luckily they are not so heady that they are headache inducing.

On skin it first turns a little louder and sweeter and then dries down to a beautiful sweet acquatic floral with a considerable throw. I had just put it on when my SO walked into the room and his very first comment was: boy, do you smell good!

Win! And crushed that I did not order a backup bottle.

Blue Morpho - This smells like a ton of different flowers over a base of amber. The florals actually seem to clash with the amber, at least on my skin, and the orchid is too soapy smelling for me.

This is where my Newbie Nose really comes out. I've mostly been testing things that were relatively food-based: I know what orange, vanilla, etc. etc. smell like. But do I know enough about flowers to pick out any of the notes in this blend? I wish I did, but I do not. So in the vial, all I can smell is (relatively generic) "bouquet," though I can say I don't get anything tropical at all from this scent. On me, though, this is very much a clean laundry smell. It's not just that Blue Morpho smells like it would make a good laundry scent (though it would); it really smells like a floral laundry detergent! I actually do like it, it's not chemical detergent, just "scrubbed clean and covered in flowers." I will certainly keep my decant.

wet on the skin a very crisp very lightLY floral scent, to me it almost smells like a fresh water aquatic. Oddly enough I can't determine if the floral I'm picking up is the orchid or the lily or the pikake (a note I'm unfamiliar with) it's definitely not honeysuckle, its remaining very stable.

Even after a couple of hours this continues to be a very light floral with a fresh water aquatic note .
it remains stable to what it was wet in the bottle. It has very little throw even though I slathered in on but it does seem to be lasting well. I like it I just wish it had more throw.

I received this as a lovely frimp from a wonderful generous forumite.

Unfortunately, it did not work at all for me - I think the orchid was the culprit.

So I shall PIF and hope it suits the next person better!

Note: mine says it's a prototype 

Wet: Amber with florals

Dry: This isn't particularly tropical, sweet, or light on me.  I'd say it's still primarily amber with orchid, lily, and geranium.