Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Orange blossom honey, brown sugar, saffron, tonka absolute, and tobacco leaf.

I think there might be different batches of Pussy, as some comment on it being orange blossom honey heavy and others get more of the tobacco and woods. I decided to get a bottle of this because orange blossom honey is one of my favorite notes but I'm sadly getting no sweetness, no orange blossom honey or brown sugar. On me this is all swirly, woody, dry, incensey tobacco leaf blend with hint of saffron and soft base of creamy tonka (it's all very 'brown' smelling to me). From afar the throw it gives off is woody tonka tobacco patchouli, which is strange because there is no patchouli in this blend. The scent is warm and sexy but not exactly what I was hoping for, I really wanted it to be sweeter. Something about it also strongly reminds of some aspects of Badgers.

this smells like orange blossom honey in the imp. On skin, it's orange blossom honey with a touch of saffron. it reminds me of Imaginer, but without the peppery kick. It's a fairly simple, cozy scent.

Edited by inhumation

Honeyish but basically well-blended: no notes in particular LEAP out. I have to agree with those who mentioned a woodsy note, as it starts off all woods and tobacco on my skin before the orange blossom honey develops more on drydown. Gotta say, the final result is a bit dull to me.

This scent was mostly tobacco and orange blossom honey on me. It was almost bitter in quality on my skin. Not sure why. I never really got any brown sugar or tonka. But I did get whiffs of saffron in the throw. It actually does make me think this could be what a cute little Pussy Moth would smell like. :blush:

When I got this bottle I thought it would be great, and I sort of liked it but not hugely. I figured I'd age it for a while and try it again. Weirdly, I think I actually like it less now. When I first put it on, I get a weird licorice-like overtone. Like anise. Or maybe herby in some way. I rolled the bottle a lot to blend it up and tried it again, and still got the strange anise scent. It definitely wears off when the oil is dry, but I'm still not a big fan of it.

I ordered this bottle straight from the Lab and it's been sitting in a box for 5 years, so I know it hasn't been tampered with. I suspect my skin chemistry is doing something funky to it.

This is more floral and powdery than I expected, rather than the foodiness I hoped for, but it's still quite lovely and different than what I usually wear. It's a very mellow, subtle skin-scent. I do love honey!

Honey! My deathnote. I wanted to give it a shot since everyone else was raving about it. I'm glad this can find a good home. Everything else around the honey smells nice, though.

I was always worried this would smell like orange blossom, which has historically been horrid on me. But lately my skin chemistry is better, so I am giving this a go.

Wet: Unnfffg. Sticky, glorious honey. This is sexy. There is something a touch floral, a hint musky about this, but mostly it's aaallllll about the honey.

Dry: I don't get the other notes at all, this is single note honey on me. Lovely soft slightly floral honey. This is not the honey of O or Womb Furie, it's different and wonderful. I love it! So happy to have it, I just love honey scents.

Honey! Honey and saffron. Honey and saffron and tonka, but this is predominantly a honey blend on me. And I love honey blends, so this is marvelous. I would love to get a bit more tobacco, but Pussy is soft, sexy and satisfying as is.

In vial: Orange with what's probably saffron--a warm, fleshy, opaque scent.

On me: Slightly sweet orange, slightly perfumey saffron, and a slightly dark/almost-herbal tobacco. Described in one word, I'd call this "warm"--it's not quite a skin scent (a little too perfumey for that), but it has the sensual quality of O or the fleshiness of Khrysee; what sets it apart is the dark counterbalance of the tobacco. It's nicely balanced and not as sweet as the notes might imply.

Verdict: A little too perfumey for my usual taste, but I I think this will be fantastic in the summer.

Tobacco leaf in the bottle. Goes on as soft, fuzzy tobacco and pretty much stays there. Almost no throw. A slightly deeper cousin of Sherlock Holmes. This is pretty and subtle.

One of my favorites. Was difficult to find and I'll always be grateful someone decided to pass this on to me. There's a definite orange blossom floating delicately over the sensual mix that is honey and brown sugar with saffron sprinkled recklessly atop. 

There is something to that 'tonka and tobacco leaf' and I think it's another leg of this stool. Adding the nonvanilla of tonka and the tobacco's bright note to the honey et al. 

Edited by ND¢