Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Exotic Bazaar Atmosphere Spray

EXOTIC BAZAAR
Nepalese amber, white sandalwood, black peppercorn, ambrette seed, neroli, coconut sugar, cardamom pods, ginger, fennel, bitter almond, liquorice root, henna, copaiba balsam, and spikenard.

Once sprayed, this is slightly sweet, *warm* resin and sandalwood and a tiny bit spicy/peppery in the very best way. All of the notes are so perfectly blended into a warm, golden scent that definitely evokes the 'exotic' quality beautifully. :wub2:

I checked this out at Will Call with the other RPG atmosphere scents. This was my favorite of the three and the only one I'm considering purchasing. As GypsyRoseRed said, it's warm and spicy. At first, it came across as kinda Holiday-Christmas-y, reminded me of the Chirstmas Prsent spray from a few years ago. But upon a deeper sniff, I realized that this was a scent for year round, so long as the mood was right. warm, sweet and lots of resin notes, I found this scent to be very appealing but definitely bold- this is not something to spray casually (unless you go to bed wearing Snake Oil or VooDoo Queen, in which case you'll likely want to *soak* your bedspread in this ;) )

In All- a great find. We're lucky to have this as a GC, I think it's going to be quite popular!

From a slight test on the arm of a comfy chair-- I smell...Autumn! I think this is because my nose catches the ginger most acutely. It smells just like one of those BBW Fall candles. Here's to hoping it evolves with age more into the intriguing, mysterious marketplace I had in mind.

Wow, this is sooooo good :heart: i seriously jumped a feet in the air when i smelled this :wub2:

It smells sweet, sugary a tiny bit cakey wich will be the almond, a little spicy and fruity (apple/apricot?)yes this is sooo good, it's soo yummy! i would also say a good Autumn/Winter scent but it's not heavy at all so you CAN spray it every time of the year!

Ow, i'm so happy i took the plunge and got a bottle of this :wub2: I LOVE THIS BAZAAR! :wub:

This scent reminds me of an almond cookie sitting in a spice cupboard. It's quite pleasant, but not quite what I was expecting. I think I had envisioned something kind of strongly spiced and maybe a bit musky, whereas this is a little more on the sweet and edible side of the spice spectrum.

This one is hard for me to get a handle on. It's sweet but also a bit dark. I sprayed it on a pillow, and every time I go back to sniff I pick up on something different. I get the ginger, the spices, the amber. At one point, it smelled like baked goods with something dark lurking in the background. Now I'm picking up on the neroli. I think this definitely fits the description well.

Definitely warm and spicy as mentioned above. The cardamom, ginger, peppercorn and licorice root really stand out for me. This was a goblin squirt frimp in my last Trading Post order and I'll definitely being making a full-size bottle purchase soon! :wub2:

I thought I was gonna hate this but it is truly like one of the bazars I went to in Morocco :P

so good, so sweet and happy to have this smell around you all day long :wub2:

I was hoping that this would be a bit more unique/exotic than it is to my nose. The list of notes sounds dreamy, but the notes mix together and just smell sort of vague and spicy-sweet to me. I can't really pick out the sandalwood, black pepper, coconut sugar, or licorice that I was most excited about. Exotic Bazaar smells like a spice scented autumn candle, with a bit of a warm, slightly powdery, resinous edge from the amber. My husband said that it smelled like 'apple cider candle.' It's nice enough, but probably not something I'll purchase a full size of.

Very nice--sweet, sweet, sweet and warm and spicy too. I get a lot of amber and ginger in this. Doesn't quite have the staying power of some of the other sprays, but it's great while it lasts!

This is EXACTLY what I wanted the Fairy Market to smell like. Exotic Bazaar transports me to a magical world where all sorts of interesting creatures are selling their goods. This is a warm and comforting exotic spice. Actually, this smells a lot like a non-synthetic and higher quality version of Pacificas Tibetan Mountain Temple scent (which I've always adored).

I've already used the last of my goblin squirt. A bottle will be on it's way soon. :)

Edited by Monster

I LOVE this spray. I feel like I'm walking into a room/area where spice cookies are being baked, incense is being burned, and Gypsies are dancing! Magical! The name is spot on, and I am SO glad this is GC. Need a bottle, but need a job first!

Mmmm, reminds me a little like a cross between Bengal and Plunder, but with amber and warm resins instead of tea. SO much love. Like, seriously. Spices make me happy. :)

OMG this is amazing! Its exactly how I would expect a bazzar in India or Morrocco to smell. Its all spice, sugars and exotic flowers. I need to get this in a big bottle. It takes you away on an exotic adventure/trip by just closing your eyes and inhaling its intoxicating aroma.

I've only had this for a few months, but aging is already showing wonderful signs. I definitely need a big bottle of this in my next BPTP order.

Sweet, somewhat nutty, golden resinous: a complex spice scent that I wouldn't wear but is utter divine as an atmo spray.

:evol:

I'm not good at picking out notes, but to me, this smells just like Morocco only in room spray form. Exotic soft spices with sweet vanilla. I really like this, and may spring for a bottle.

This came as a goblin squirt in my last Trading Post order. Thanks, Puddin!

Of all of the RPG atmosphere sprays I've had the chance to sample so far, this is one of my favorites. It's light and sweet, like baked goods and incense blowing in a warm breeze. I totally get where a lot of people are making an autumnal association. It's not heavy, though. To me this is a daytime scent, where The Inn was nighttime. I'd want to be out and about in this, not settling in yet. It doesn't linger too long. That's OK. Sometimes all I want in a room spray is a little burst of scent for on the spot enjoyment. The RPG series truly delivers on the idea of "atmosphere." I haven't had one yet that didn't evoke its namesake.

Bought a gobln squirt of this quite a while ago and realized that I never reviewed it. This has everything in it that I should love, and I had expected it to be my pillow spray. I can't quite figure out why it didn't work for me, but it somehow didn't all come together the way I had expected in my head. I used up my squirt, and if another shows up as a frimp in one of my orders I'll give it another try, but so far I'll pass on ordering more. The Unspeakably Evil Temple is more to my liking for my pillow spray.

Happy recipient of a Goblin Squirt of this in my last Labbie order and so glad I was ... had already fallen for Alchemical as a spray so hoping he'd have some company! I agree with the Christmas pot-pourri scent but in a good way, not in the "what it smells like in the Glade aisle of the Giant" way. Spicy, kicky, autumnal, something you'd get before you start heating up the mulling spices.

I do think of it as a cold weather scent so for now, with the temps finally having hit 90 today, I think this may get tucked away until the fall and winter but it will definitely come out to play what that arrives.

This was a frimp with a lab eBay order :).

This is quite yummy! I wasn't sure what to expect when I got it, and I never would have bought it based on the notes (bitter almond, hell no) but this is really nice :). It reminds me a lot of bubble gum, but in a good way. Actually, no! It smells exactly like some expensive handmade soy melts I bought that were 'orange, sandalwood and mango'. They are delicious, and I LOVE the smell of them. It definitely makes me think of exotic places, its just yummy, sweet, spicy goodness :). I think I might actually buy a full bottle of this when I finally get around to ordering from BPTP XD.

I would never have chosen to try this due to the fennel and licorice root in it. However, I tried it when I received it as an extra with an order several months ago and was pleasantly surprised by it. I haven't gotten around to ordering a bottle yet, but every time I get a squirt of this as an extra with an order, it gets used up rather quickly!

It actually reminds me of candy. For some reason, I keep thinking of chewy SweeTarts, although it has been years since I have had any. :eek:

This is one of the few atmosphere sprays that the boy has had a real interest in (the others are House of Unquenchable Fire and Erebos). I will definitely order a bottle of this sometime in the future and probably keep it in the kitchen. It has great lasting power, so a little goes a long way!

Rich, spicy, foodie.

There is SO MUCH going on in this blend. It smells spicy, with a rich cakey smell underneath, and with a resinous base.

If you wanted something that smelled foreign and luxurious, use this!

goblin squirt from the tp. sweet resins with spicies. reminds me of a sweeter india spice aisle in the asian markets around here. i like this!!

Mmm, I love this one! Warm and spicy, but not in a foody way (I don't like foody scents on me or my linens.). This is more like incenses mingled with spices - exactly what I'd expect a bazaar in Morocco or India to smell like. It gives my room a lovely incense-y fragrance without the stale-smoke aftermath that you get with real incense. The various notes blend so beautifully that it is difficult to pick out individual scents, but I think I can detect sandalwood (the incense aspect) and that the spicy aspect is coming from the ginger, peppercorn, and cardamom.

My rating: 5 stars

Later ETA: I always write my review before reading other peoples' so that I won't be influenced by the opinions of others. After reading the other reviews, I was amused to see that ianastar had written a sentence that said almost exactly the same thing as one of mine!

After aging 4 years: Clove is the first thing I notice.  Which isn't even on the long list of ingredients.  And other spices.  This is definitely a foody scent now, but still very complex, exotic, amd lovely.  Still one of my favorites!

Edited by Ghost of a Rose