Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lush, velvet-red blooms born from the blood shed in the eternal battle between Set and Horus the Avenger. Inspired by Tammy Roth.

In the imp- sweet, 'thick', heavy with the promise of sweet berries.

Wet- nice...a berrylike, winey sweetness, with a hint of what I suspect is the Dragon's Blood. The lotus is faint, but present enough that I notice.

Drydown- soft, still sweet with a pleasant fruity note.

I really like this one. The lab sent it as a 'frimp' and I am glad, glad, glad they did. This is one of the prettiest fragrances yet IMHO.

This is sweet and rich incense on first application, dried petals curling over embers. It's also, however, wonderfully juicy--it actually made my mouth water!

Even after it dries, this scent has an odd dual nature on me, alternating between the incense and the fruit. It's both solemn and playful, but never both at once. Interesting.

I made a mental note to seek this out just a few weeks before the lab generously threw this in as a frimp. I had just started to appreciate the beauty of lotus (Al-Araaf) when I decided that it would be the perfect foil for dragon's blood, which tends to dominate blends on my skin and turn them into soap.

My instinct prooved me right! Blood Lotuns is perfectly balanced between lotus and dragon's blood. A perfect sweet resiny blend. Smells like bubble gum in the vial, but is very well grounded on the skin. My only complaint is that it fades a bit too fast.

For those who can't wear either lotus or dragon's blood on their own, but who secretly long to be able to wear them, this is a very good scent to try. Ironic and somewhat scary but there you have it.

This smells to me like a fruitier Dragon's Milk. The almondy note replaced by berries and bubblegum. As it dries it picks up more of an incense note. I actually find this cloying at first but ultimately really wearable and pretty. However it doesn't last very long for some reason.

I'm enjoying my imp, but I don't know if I'll buy a bottle of this. I already own Dragons Milk and plan to order Black Lotus soon.

mmm It is sweet lotus. This one doesn't change really on me as it dries. It's sweet and wet. And it seems to last awhile. a keeper

Though this starts juicy and fruity and sweet, in the end it turns to a low semisweet lotus deeply steeped in musk. It is not what I expected, but it is very lovely and sensual. A keeper.

This one should've been a no-brainer for me, so I don't know why I wasn't looking for this sooner. I got this by chance, and it was very fortunate. I mean, I love dragon's blood and I love lotus... I love sweet, smoky (but still light) scents, and I think this encompasses everything beautiful about all of the aforementioned qualities. I'll have to see how often I reach for this one before I decide on a 5ml, because I do really love it, but I have a lot of scents that are sweet or dragon's bloody that I might reach for before this one, and I don't want it to be underused.

I really like how the lotus balances the dragon's blood in this blend and vce versa. It's sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. Sometimes, dragon's blood is just way too overwhelming for me, but the high, fruity note of the lotus keeps it from seeming stifling. Likewise, the dragon's bloods stops the lotus from getting bubblegummy. I just took a nap with my wrist glued to my nose.

However, lotus and dragon's blood are both notes that are seriously wonky on me depending on time of month and I had to test this three times to really get a handle on it, so I don't think a big bottle is in my future, given the limited wear I'd get out of it.

imp: sweet. i think of the sweet attracting nectar of poisonous flowers. if I am quick and hold my breath, i could wade into a vine-hell of them and cut one away, carefully cradling it to take home and brew something wicked from it. I don't know what either lotus or dragons blood smells like, so this might be the two of them acting together.

wet: something spicy rises out of that sweetness. like a breath of pepper. I also smell split green water reeds, and standing water way in the back. the faintest touch of sandalwood? makes me think of how it *stings* when the wind blows hard enough to blow sand against your bare skin. i mean it evokes hot, dry, dustbowl style desert.

20 minutes: remarkably similar to wet - the sweetness, the thread of spice, the whiff of sandalwood.. but the sense of standing water retreats, to be replaced by the slightest hint of paving stone, or something.

Later: this might be one of the most consistent scents I've tried yet. once I get it on my skin, it smells like what it is and that's how it stays. It's got a good throw - not too strong, but I stay aware of the scent, and if I feel like i need the atmosphere of beguiling, sweet, and dangerous, this could be it right here.

I have seen some mention of dragons blood being in Blood Lotus. If that is the case it is a very different dragon's blood from what usually turns very sickly sweet on my skin.

Blood Lotus dries down on my skin to an almost "perfume-y" scent. It is the dark side of Lotus blossoms. Deep, black red is what I am getting of this - very sophisticated perfume like. No sickly sweet ick of Dragons blood to be seen.

I will be buying a 5ml. of this one!

Blood Lotus is an imp casualty--it was DOA, utterly smashed in the mail. However, I had no trouble slathering some on to try, and I find it's no great loss anyway. I adore Blood Rose, but Blood Lotus is way too sticky-sweet for me. I've only had a serious run-in with lotus quite recently (with the Chakras), and I don't really like it--it can be "eh--not too bad" with certain notes, but this smells like hippie bubblegum--incense over cloying Jailbait-esque sweetness. :P

Incense and womanly florals. This is a dark blend that has an edgy feel to it.

It's as if the woman wearing it would profess her love to you and then take a knife to your heart - both literally and figuratively.

A frimp from the lab, and one I thought I'd like given that I like Beth's dragon's blood and lotus notes.

I was right in that I like this blend (no, scratch that, I love this blend), but it reacted in a completely unexpected way. I'm used to lotus being a mellow, dreamy, gentle aquatic with a candy-like quality. Mix it with dragon's blood, however, and whoa! This is a lush, juicy, steamy, spicy lotus that screams of seduction. Not what I was expecting on the subway this morning. This is an on-the-prowl or bedroom blend, probably not at all appropriate for work or school. Throw is pretty good, it lasts all day, and it is definitely a unique, attention-getting blend.

In the bottle: Sweet and earthy, much like honey coated peppery moss.

First on: Honey, vanilla, pepper, moss and patchouli is what I'm feeling from this.

After a bit: This seems to be turning into a skin scent for me with a slight spiciness and the faintest floral note.

A bit more: It's evolved into a powdery, peppery, slightly sweaty (but not BO sweaty) skin and is barely there.

Blood Lotus - If there is “blood” in the name, 9 times out of 10 I LOVE the scent. This is no exception. This is a gorgeous scent. It is thick, rich, and resinous and I detect either Dragon’s Blood or red musk. It is also sweet, but not in a food or candy way. I wish I could put into words how pretty this scent is, but I’m completely lacking words. It’s got a lovely level of throw if you don’t overdo it, and it lasts fairly well. I’ll be hanging on to this imp!

From the GC Circle Swap.

Blood Lotus -- ooooooo...lotus and...myrrh? Dragon's blood. Lotus and dragon's blood. Oh, and there is myrrh now that it's drying. And not as sweet as that combination had the risk of turning out. This is, as the description says, lush. I like it, but it has that bitter sharpness of myrrh that's a little stronger than I usually want. I think I'd almost want this for some kind of ritual use, rather than straight perfume.

Hi *waves* I'm new. And after lusting after descriptions and waiting on a few swaps, I finally got to try my first imp last night. My friend didn't like Blood Lotus so I figured I'd give it a try (knowing absolutely nothing about the scent before I dabbed it in the crook of my elbow)...

Wet: Bubblegum! Fresh and fruity and springy but just too sweet for me.

Drying: Something muskier. Something more hippy-ish. Long hair and long printed skirts.

Dry: Head shop, as someone else said. Old candles that were just snuffed out, and incense wafting through. Pleasant to visit, but not something I'd want to wear regularly.

There you have it. :P

Edited by marlatiara

1st impression.. Wet - Thick, spicy...

Drydown, I can define the dragon's blood - uh oh.... Normally dragon's blood is De Debbil on me and amps astronomically, but this isn't bad. This is quite nice, soft. Smoke? I got a whiff of smoke... Odd... Ahhh it's back to spiced again. Yummm.... and it morphs yet again into a spiced fruit wine, more wine than fruit, but I can still catch whiffs of an alcoholic note.

if it holds true to the overnight test, it'll be a soft, soft floral by the end of the day. I dabbed on a small spot at about 8 or 830 last night, and at 6 this morning, I could still smell it.

Edited by Gypsybaby

Blood Lotus was a generous freebie from the Lab, and I was eager to try it because I'm always looking for lotus blends that will prove my aversion to lotus unfounded. :P

On, it's berry-bright dragon's blood and perhaps the wine note that makes such a nice combo in Blood Rose? The lotus doesn't appear on me until the drydown. When it does, it's relatively mild and blends with the other notes. But it still isn't my favorite smell and is always a bit unsettling to me.

Ultimately, this is not for me, but I'm glad I got an opportunity to try it!

Definitely a bit of spice, but not as much as some of the Mad Tea Party scents. There's something floral - maybe a bit of jasmine? Some musk, too. Overall has an incense feel to it. Pretty good, not outstanding.

Score: 3 out of 5

oooh I really like this. I love lotus and it smells very much like lotus, but with a velvety dark scent. Kind of reminded me of a light incense also. head shop almost?

in the imp: sweet, dark/red and juicy! i agree with marlatiara's "bubblegum." :D

wearing: as soon as it hits my skin, the "sweet" turns into "spicy" and a mild incense moves in. i think this is the lotus coming out as well? it's shy, but it is there. this is absolutely beautiful.

oddly, although i've noticed a few call this a sort of "head shop" scent, i got more of the head shop feel from blood rose than this? this reminds me more of an elegant, ambiently lit, high-end dessert shoppe! sensual and classy.

through the drydown it remains a gorgeous, subtle floral and spice - like the spice of carrot cake, just achingly delicious, and with a very faint creamy undertone. ungh, just yum. YUM. :P

WAUGH.

First, it was berry-scented urinal cakes.

Now, it's unscented urinal cakes.

This is so, so bad. Chemicals and fake fruit and plastic and eugh. Never touching this again.