Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lush, velvet-red blooms born from the blood shed in the eternal battle between Set and Horus the Avenger. Inspired by Tammy Roth.

Blood Lotus: One of the few scents I can really get a feel for, can really identify where they're going. Too bad I'm not crazy about it. It's one of those take-it-or-leave-it (more likely leave it). It's definitely morbid. I can pick up the flowery aspect, but just cannot get over the bloody haze. It really is reminiscent of blood :P , minus iron. Edited by Shollin

Wet: Cherry-flavored medicine. Specifically Sucrets I think they're called. Almost too sickeningly sweet. I hope it mellows out.

Dry: Cherry is fading a bit along with the sweetness. Spices are sneaking in a bit.

Overall: The drydown is okay, but not for me.

In the bottle: sweet resin.

Wet: sweet! And resin! And bubblegum (separate from the sweetness)! And something sharp and tangy, possibly the blood note.

Dry: resin and incense, with the bubblegummy sweetness fading away. Heady. Sultry. Lovely. Good throw. Now I'm catching gardenia notes.

Despite the initial bubblegummy note, this doesn't come across as foody at all on me. In fact, if this scent were named Hump Me, that would be about the right note for the atmosphere this creates around me.

Later: None of the other notes have died out but a cherry note has emerged. Maybe that's what good bubblegum turns into when it dies and goes to heaven.

Edited by Czarina

Sweet. Definitely red, maybe cherry. But also musky. Kind of makes me think of a darker, angrier, grittier Bordello.

Smells like candy, but not quite enough like to be confusing. I am guessing there's dragon's blood in there. Either way, I'm liking it, even if it is a floral, since the floralness is subsumed and smoothed.

In the imp, this was juicy, bubble-gummy goodness. I was a little worried about the dragon's blood, which usually doesn't turn out well on my skin. However, this one evolved into a sexy, smoky scent that clung to my wrist like a second skin. I would gladly wear it as an "everyday" scent, but the way it morphs from fun to sultry is perfect for a day-to-night perfume as well.

Grade: 4/5

In the imp and on my skin, this was a heady mix of something warm and spicy with just a faint whiff of a floral. It has incredible staying power for me as I can still smell it 9 hours later, but it's not overwhelming.

I'm occasionally getting a faint candy-like scent but it's not staying and I'm so glad.

I really like the warmth of the Blood Lotus and can see myself wearing this everyday.

Ew in the imp it smells like cherry cough syrup.

On my skin, it smells like cherry cough syrup, bubblegum, and sandalwood.

I can't even leave this on for more than a minute....It makes me feel sick.... :P

Lotus, on me, is sweet and watery with a light, almost bubble-gum-like quality to it. However, when you add in the "blood" to make this blood lotus, it instantly becomes a darker, stained lotus with a juicy, sinister bite to it. It's a keeper.

in the imp this screamed RED to me. a syrupy kind of red. maybe cherry, but almost a cherry left on the tree so long it's started to rot. sweet, but not in a foody way...in a just on the verge of rotting way.

once i put this on and it dried, the sweet, syrupyness died away and i was left with more of a red musk with just a hint of that near rotting cherry sweetness underneat. i didn't detect any florals on myself in this one at all.

just musky cherry. i thought it was weak smelling on me and almost wiped it off and put on something else, but when my husband hugged me, he told me i smelled really good, so i left it on :P

I can't make my mind up about this.

At first I loved it but the next day I tried it there was something about it that made me feel a bit sick. I like the sweetness so that's not the problem, I can't quite figure out what is. Maybe it's because it really reminds me of blood as someone says in a review above.

hrm. not sure what i was expecting. i suppose it is a floral. its not giving me a headache and its not something i'm jumping for joy over either. it's just ok. will have to check in a few more minutes. yup. totally not liking this one. turns into a perfumey smelling scent on me

will pass this one.

I liked Blood Lotus. Didnt love it. But its okay. It smells pretty nice on my skin, not too sweet or floral. Just enough of each. However from the moment I put it on my skin it seemed really light and I could only smell it if I put my wrist right up against my nose, and then like 20 minutes later it was almost gone. :P I hate it when that happens. No throw at all.

This has to have dragon's blood resin because I get that musky sweetness from it, as I have with other blends that have had DBR, inc. the Ars Draconis scents. That being said, lotus invariably turns into bubblegum on me. At the beginning, it was like a spicy bubblegum, and now it's mainly DBR.

In the imp: Pink bubble gum

Wet: Bubble gum and red safety suckers (sweet sweet sweet)

Dry: Fades too quickly but the sweet gives way to spicy warmth and the result is just gorgeous. I wish it lasted longer.

Bottle: Something juicy

Wet: I get the impression of a blood red juicy berry mingling it's juices with a pear? Or lychee? I'm unsure.

Drydown: Now it's floral and dragon's blood and it's making me sneeze! I wish it had stayed the juicy scent.

2.5 outta 5

Deep slightly reddish brown oil. Sweet and rich, almost foody, with a hint of earthiness. The lotus is not like other lotus notes I've smelled - it definitely has that hint of bubblegum sweetness, but this is a lot darker and deeper. I think there is some red musk in this, because I get a bit of that sweet mentholic effect.

Oh yeah, definitely a lot of red musk in this - it comes out immediately on my skin. The lotus amps too, and it actually smells floral unlike most lotus, while still having that deep, candyish sweetness to it. It is a bit more bubblegummy on me though, which clashes oddly with the cola-medicinal red musk. I think the earthy note is a light, rooty sort of patchouli - well-behaved, thankfully, and faint.

Slow to dry, but it's becoming more earthy as it does, and also more dusty, and...soapy? This is a really weird blend, but I'm reminded strongly of a certain new age shop's smell - so I think there is some incense note here beyond the patchouli - it smells a little cheap and generic, too. Hmm, maybe Nag Champa? And I think the dusty note is myrhh. Still, lotus and red musk by dominating heavily.

Okay, I don't there's incense - I take it back. It's wood. This has gone very woody, drily so - I'm pretty positive this is rosewood, which goes very cedarish/sawdust on my skin, and also has that faint rosy overtone which is why the lotus seemed more floral than usual. The lotus has actually faded quite a bit, taking a lot of sweetness with it, so this is less cloying. The red musk is now definitely the strongest note. Patchouli still faint.

This oil never truly dries on me. It's syrupy red musk and slightly rosy-floral, dry, warm, and dusty rosewood with softly earthy patchouli and a hint of candyish sweetness. The lotus in this really is a lot better than most lotus, but this blend doesn't work for me at all. Good throw and decent longevity.

Edited by fairnymph

In the bottle – The bubblegum sweetness of the lotus with what I would say is dragons blood resin behind it

Wet on me – An oddly dirty version of the soft lotus sweetness

Dry on me – The sweetness of the lotus made deeper and smoother :P

Overall – This is gorgeous and right up my alley, 3 cheers for frimps

Frimp from my last order:

Imp: Very very thick and sweet smelling. Smells

ancient. Like I found a treasure

Wet on Me: I thought I caught an almond-y whiff

but still very sweet in a non-sugary way.

Drying Down: Still more of that old ancient

heavy sweetness

Dry: Thick lush and ancient on me. Still sweet but not

cloying. I feel very 'mysterious woman' when I wear this.

Frimps Rock!

This one is a no brainer. I love dragon's blood, I love lotus, I LOVE Blood Lotus. if you hate either one of these, you probably won't like this. And if you hate both of these... honestly, why even bother?

Sheer sweetness with the unmistakable Dragon's Blood resin base. The lilac and bubblegum overtones of each compliment wonderfully. YUM. Blood Lotus is simple, but it's addicting, and it feels like such a logical pairing, too. I don't know what I'd do if this one ever got DC'ed.

In bottle/imp: Lotus blossom and cherry.

Immediately on skin: This is lotus, but not the super sweet, cheerful scent. This is darker, with a touch of what smells like black cherry. It’s slightly smoky and the scent color is definitely deep velvet red. The sweetness is restrained and not too strong like normal lotus blends are on me.

After a few minutes: The lotus is still the main note (of course) and it’s still a fruity, but more subtle version of the flower. It’s a tiny bit more of a traditional floral blend than I get from lotus, so it might have some subtler flowers blended in.

Overall Impressions: This is a lotus-dominated scent, but not in the bubblegum-ish way you may be used to. This is a deeper version, with hints of dark fruit and a smoother feel. If you’ve been looking for a wearable lotus blend that’s more wearable, try this one for sure.

The lotus just isn't coming through for me. For a second when its wet I can smell it but it quickly dries down to a musty leatherish smell and stays that way. How does lotus end up smelling like leather? Sometimes my skin is highly confusing ...