Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Inspired by European perfumes in the 1920’s: gardenia, amber, mandarin, orange flower, and sweet spices.

Glad the gardenia & orange flower aren't ruining this for me. It is definitely creamy and has that lightly powdery scent that comes with some ambers. My skin must amp citrus because the mandarin is pretty prominent. This isn't one I expected to like, but it's like Morocco mixed with Monarch. Nice for those days I don't want to smell like [too much of] a bad girl :rofl:

This sounded SO beautiful. I knew I had to get a bottle. The only thing I am worried about is the amber, since sometimes it goes super powdery on me. This smells SO good in the bottle though. It's sort of hard to describe...like pure sweetness in a bottle. All of the notes sort of blend together to create this essence of classic sweet light florals and spices.

Mmm! So pretty on my skin! Sweet loveliness. A touch of mandarin/orange flower. So far, not going immediately powdery, which is good. Spectacularly pretty. As it dries, it IS going powdery and loses a bit of the complexity of the wet scent, but it is still very sweet and pretty and not total powdery doom.

On full drydown this is quite powdery. It loses the different dimensions it had in the bottle and wet. But I feel it will be hard for me to let this bottle go because the wet/fresh scent is SOOOOO good. It will just need to be reslathered constantly. I'm going to hold onto this, see how it ages, and see how often I wear it. I imagine on people who don't amp powder from amber this is insanely perfect.

At first, I'm getting a musky mandarin. Dry, it morphs into something truly amazing! I'm still getting orange, some sweet musk and glorious resinous amber. It kind of reminds me of the amber in The Harp, though not as sharp. I originally didn't go for this scent because of the gardenia, but it just seems to a a creamy sweetness to it. I really like this, and will use up my two imps and probably try and track down some more at some point.

OMG i love this. i didn't think much about it, till i read the review that mentioned hypnotic poison, then i became interested. this definitely is reminiscent of HP, but is a little sweeter and more musky. this is gorgeous, and i must have a bottle now! i don't know what sweet spices these are, but i am really liking them. this is like a creamy vanilla-orange-musk on my skin, it's to die for. the gardenia is very subtle and the orange is not overly orangey either. perfect!

If it weren't listed in the notes, I would never believe there is gardenia in this blend.

In the bottle, it's soft, creamy, and sweet smelling, but not cloying. On my skin, I get that same spicy orange creamsicle quality several other have gotten. This blend is just gorgeous and I really need more of it, like now! :lol:

Sniff: Oranges and flowers, faint and sweet

Wet: Very pretty, lots of citrus but not that fake cleaner citrus you often smell in other products. This is fresh and real, fruity and tart and sweet, overlaid with light florals and just a hint of amber warmth. I don't really get vanilla from this, but it does have a creamy, luscious tone that is rich and delicate at the same time.

Dry: The gardenia and spices are stronger now. The citrus fades, it's more like a little splash of orange juice. There's a faint trace of powder and warm musk, but mostly this dries to spicy florals, very elegant and enticing.

Creamy orange floral with a hint of spice. OMG I love this! It's cozy but sophisticated at the same time. It's too bad that this is so hard to come by, because it's shot up into my top 10!

ITB: It's musky and reminds me of orange-infused cheesecake for some reason.

Wet: Gardenia, orange, warm and sensuous amber along with a hint of spice.

Dry: After 15 hours, it's still lovely - orange flower, amber, and a dash of super fain gardenia and spice.

Edited by mymymai

I know I reviewed this somewhere, it's probably on a slip of paper long forgotten. This was not one of the goths I thought I needed, it sounded too perfumey, too not-me. Until I smelled it :wub2: In the bottle, it's an adult version of a creamsicle; orange and creamy and lightly spiced. Very similar on my skin. The creaminess is provided by the gardenia, which is one of the few florals I like. There's a golden warmth and muzziness from the amber, and it's orange pulp to me, not blossom. Just a touch, enough to lend a juicy sweetness without any bitterness. It just feels golden and glowing and beautiful and I wish I didn't feel I had to hoard it so I could wear it more often.

I thought the orange flower in this would mean that it wouldn't work for me. But I was wrong!

On my skin, Cabaret Goth is a creamy, powdery scent, with the gardenia and amber stealing the show. It's like someone dusted themselves in powder before a cabaret show. I get some mandarin and soft spice, and the orange blossom does show up after some time, but it never turns sharp or veers into headache territory. I like this, but not so much that I feel the need to try to hunt down more of it (fortunately). Definitely hanging on to my decant, though! :)

This smells just like cream soda on my skin. The mandarin doesn't stay too long, it's the strongest in the wet stage. A little hard to pick out the florals and spices, but they are there in the background. In my case, the throw isn't that good which is a letdown knowing how sought after these types of oils are.

This is very pretty and I wouldn't mind having a bottle, but I don't see that happening for a very long time due to it's rarity.

This was the first Goth that I've tried and hopefully not the last!