Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Smouldering opium tar, tobacco absolute, green tea, black plum, kush, ambergris accord, ambrette seed, and costus root.

Fair warning: I do not know what all the listed notes actually smell like.

In the bottle: I can pick out opium, tobacco, and something round and sweet that could be the black plum. Overall, the scent is resinous and just slightly sweet. There's nothing I'm getting that's overly sharp or divisive.

On my skin:

Wet, something lighter -- that is not the green tea -- springs to the forefront, but it has enough of the other notes in the background that I can't really isolate the smell to describe it. That's fairly short-lived, though, and then we're back to the bottle scent.

This is "femme fatale as a unisex scent" kind of evil.

Several minutes more, and the scent loses some of its sweetness. The opium and tobacco become more pronounced. It doesn't smell bad on me, but I was really loving that sweet edge to it.

By the time it reaches a really settled point, a bit of that sweetness -- it could be partly plum but isn't completely so -- comes back, but opium remains the dominant scent. It's nice and very wearable on its own -- but the sweeter phase was absolutely fabulous on me, so I miss it.

Should definitely consider layering this with something sweet.

Fell in love with the imps so I got a full bottle. The opium tar, kush, & ambrette seed is what I get most. Such a delicate, yet imposing scent. I do feel like an evil Queen in a tower, or a witch from a fairy tale wearing this.

This is definitely a nice opium musk blend, but not something I would see myself wearing often. Quite green, strong on the tobacco leaf with a good amount of smoke. I don't really smell any plum, but I think it's a tad to masculine for my taste. It smells like a fancy, masculine perfume from a department store. Not a bad thing!

Being evil is so FUN! This is plum tobacco, smoked with opium, then set the room on fire and watch it burn. It is so fiery but also surprisingly sweet. I can also pick out the coolness of green tea and the grassiness of vetiver, rounding out the more flamboyant notes. There's something a little peppery or gingery sprinkled in too. I wonder if the "smolder" is ginger or another spicy root! It really lifts Evil up and out of purely dark territory and places it somewhere glowing. I can also, strangely, detect a whiff of A Savage Veil's patch/plum/tobacco combo but in a completely different outfit. Really amazing.

Plum is just one of the many players, yet it's used in such an unusual setting that I feel like it stands out amongst other plum blends as something both playful and powerful. Like dressing up as a Disney villain and everybody is amused but also a little scared because you really pull it off. If you want something really off the beaten path with a medium whiff of plum, Evil's your ticket. I have a bottle and love it!