Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Shimmering celestial musk with vanilla, white honey, acacia, and sugar cane.

A lovely and straightforward scent. It doesn’t change or morphe much on my skin. It’s sweet and easy.

In the imp: Sugarcane and musk

Wet: honey and vanilla comes out to play. The acacia hovers somewhere between floral and fruity on me, giving the scent a beautiful lightness, keeping it from being too syrupy and gluttonous. It’s a distinctly crystalline sweetness.

Dry: the longer it’s on the skin, the more the musk comes out. It gives the fragrance substance. It’s enchanting. 2-3 hours after application, Good is a soft wast of sugary musk.

I was intrigued by the RPG series, and this one sounded like one of the prettiest options, so I went with it as my first introduction to this series. I bought this back in June of this year, but just realized I never posted the review I wrote for it!

In the imp:
I think I'm mostly getting the musk, and maybe some acacia. It's oddly metallic to my nose.

On me, wet:
As soon as it hits my skin I can smell a bit of the sweeter notes. The honey for sure, but I think the sugar cane is adding a bit of a lighter, cooler sweetness to offset the heavier/warmer honey.

On me, dry:
This gets powdery, but in a good way that makes it smell kind of refreshing. I can see how the RPG scents are meant to be layered, though: there's something about this that feels a little incomplete on its own.

Verdict:
This is a nice scent, but not a standout. I'll keep it around for now so I can layer/experiment with other scents in the RPG series down the road, but it's not something I think I'd wear much on its own, except maybe around the house if I'm in the mood for something uncomplicated, light, and pretty.

A few months later:

I ended up getting a frimp of Chaotic, and the two layer gorgeously. I'd buy a bottle of this just to match with the bottle of Chaotic I want. :)

I don't really like many vanillas because they can be far too sweet, but this was really nice. Oddly enough the sweetness of the honey keeps the vanilla in check. It stops the vanilla from smelling like baked goods on me, and just smells pleasantly sweet. It's light, simple, and I imagine it pairs very well with a lot of things that need a touch of sweetness.

Soft, feminine, sweet, and clean. i gave this one to my daughter because she is starting to share my love for teh bpal (great, now i am going to have to figure out how to fund her addiction too LOL) and I thought this was a good one for her to wear to school becuase she likes to put perfume on in the morning "like mommy" <3

For the first 15 minutes or so, this was vanilla play dough. Luckily it fades, and you're left with a nice, if simple, honey musk.  To my nose, there is also a hint of licorice in this.

Wet: I agree with spookyumbrella; this has a definite Play-Doh vibe going on. Like... vanilla cake batter, mixed with Play-Doh.

Dry: Same as the wet stage. Vanilla cake batter and Play-Doh. 

In the imp: White musk, honey, vanilla, sugar cane. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's white musk and vanilla, with a subtle background sweetness that I think is sugar cane but could also be white honey. As it dries, the notes become more distinct. I can make out the white honey as a base, the celestial musk as an accent, and acacia just enough to ground in the background. Sugar cane may be part of the white honey note I'm getting; vanilla often disappears on me. 

It stays a very light, sheer honey. Eventually, the vanilla does come back, adding a touch of roundness and creaminess to the scent. 

This shifts a bit on me at first but settles into a sweet, clean scent without getting too sweet. There's a bit more body from the musk and honey, a warm bright glow with a soft vanilla. The sugar is there adding a crystally sweetness, but again it never gets syrupy or overwhelming.

It's calm, sweet, and nice. I've layered it with a few other RPGs, and I agree it goes well with Chaotic. I'll have to retest some of the other combos because I can't remember what stuck out. I've also layered it with High John the Conqueror which was wonderful, and I'm looking forward to layering this with other things.

Okay heck yeah. This is a scent that is light and unassuming, the notes are there, I can pick up a light honey and sugar, but nothing cloying! Holy smokes, how does this happen? And would you know, there's no sneezy powder, yet it is soft like powder. No soap, but it is clean. No animalistic musk, yet a light musk. It's sweet, light, and pretty. Oh, and not sour. How does this happen? It can play through the game on its own, yet would make the best of friends with other blends.

Yep, I'ma bottle. Also holy sh*t Good Elf.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Clean sugary vanilla honey, almost like linen but not quite. Maybe the imp is just aged to hell, but the throw and staying power are fairly low. Can't see myself wearing this on its own, definitely for layering. 

In the imp and wet, this scent is fresh, light, unassuming, not too sweet. As it wears down, it's a musky clean scent that leans a hint floral (at least on my skin). I don't really pick up on the vanilla, but I feel like it's floating in there somewhere. Based on the notes, I don't think I would have sought this out but now that I've tested my frimp, I'm really curious to see how this layers with other scents! Since this also wears pretty close to skin, I'd definitely wear it on its own.

Good prevails! 
Good is very clean, and very strong on me. I’m getting something like the linen fairybites mentions, and some sugary goodness. A fresh marshmallow- breezy and sparkling, fluffy and bright. I’m surprised at how strong it is, though most of the Lab’s other “clean” scents are similarly hefty in throw. The honey is translucent and gives a tinge of wackiness to the scent, more obvious to me in the later stages. 

This might be my go-to clean scent for those breezy sunshine days when all the windows are open in the house and the bed is made up in freshly-washed linens…. A casual and carefree day. For some reason I see a glass of orange juice in the vision… anyway, Good is a winner and has it’s place in my collection. 

A clean, dry, powdery white musk with a slight vanilla sweetness. Like dryer sheets - almost makes me sneeze! It’s not particularly sweet on me from either the sugar or the honey. Just very powdery -- off to swaps where it can be better appreciated!

A delicate floral wreathed in light honey and soft vanilla. There's a squeaky clean note, maybe the musk? It is powdery, but in an angelic cherub dusted with baby powder kind of way. Very simple and light, good for situations where you want to smell nice without overdoing it.

If diffused light had a scent, this is what it would smell like. This is a soft scent with low throw. It starts off with a soft honey musk scent with the sugar cane, and perhaps the acacia, adding light greenery and notions of general forest to the scent. It's like the memory of those things, rather than their actual scent. Then it goes soapy. The end.

Musky with a touch of vanilla and honey. Not particularly complex, but pleasant and cozy. Fits in a similar sort of mood for me as Dee and Jezebel, but doesn't have some of the depth I love in those. Good for layering, but not a standalone for me.

In the imp, it smells sweet (I couldn't pick out any specific notes). On / dry, I get sweetness, vanilla and honey. It doesn't last long, after half an hour it's too faint to smell unless I bury my nose in my wrist. It's one I'd be willing to carry around to slather it on a few times a day.