Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Shimmering celestial musk with vanilla, white honey, acacia, and sugar cane.

Wet, I immediately got "sweet" and "floral.

Dry, I got more of the musk, and something sweet (which could be either the sugar cane or the honey) - the problem is, it tried really hard to go baby powder on me.

I actually quite like this one, provided it doesn't turn to pure baby powder, and I've found that it's perfect to lessen the masculinity of Ranger enough that it's something that I feel comfortable wearing. They're beautiful together.

in the bottle it smells like a grassy floral but on my skin it starts off as baby powder and that quickly fades to exhibit a soft white musk with vanilla and acacia. this smells very young and innocent so definitely "good". it doesn't have much throw on me at first, and it's pretty soft in general, but after about 10 minutes the acacia and honey really stand out and it becomes a sugary honeyed floral. it's nice but i'm not sure how i feel about acacia on me personally. once it's been on about 20 minutes it's kind of soapy on me.

Edited by theseagrows

In the imp: I'm mostly getting the musk from this, but I can also detect a floral note, and a hint of sweetness.

Wet: A bit of sweetness is present at first, which I think is the honey or the sugar. Then, a floral note announces its presence. It's a floral musk scent at the moment, with some sweetness lingering in the background. The floral note is somewhat soapy on my skin.

Dry: FLORAL. It must be the acacia. It's a musky floral on me. I don't really get any of the honey, sugar, or vanilla specifically, although there is a faint sweetness in the background.

Verdict: I actually wish this were sweeter on me, and I'm disappointed that it is mainly a musky floral on my skin. I will hold onto my imp to see if I like it layered with any of the other RPG scents, but I won't be getting a bottle.

This is great! The acacia never really jumps out at me, but everything else combines to give me a beautifully rich, creamy, sweet golden musk. This is also one of the rare oils that I can actually smell without my nose directly on my skin. I don't know if it's a skin chemistry thing or a nose thing (I have chronic sinus issues), but usually I have to put my nose right onto my skin to be able to smell whatever oil I've applied. This one, though, I can smell with my arm down at my side - that would be enough to make me want a bottle even if the scent wasn't quite so gorgeous. Needless to say, it's going on ye olde wishlist, for sure!

stays very close to the skin. Is sweet, faint white honey, not cloying or floral, and sugar cane. sweetness ... hard to describe beside that.

I really like the use of honey in this blend. I think it is what keeps it from being too soapy and powdery on me. I am mostly here to add that this layers well with Druid.

Good is like an ideal skin scent—it dries down to a sweet musk floral that stays close and smells lovely without being obtrusive. The first time I applied it, I was so surprised because it's RED! I can't pick out any individual notes, I just get sweet musk with a sheer red feel that matches the oil color. I haven't tried layering it with another RPG scent yet, but I think this would pair well with a wide swath of scents. I intend to do some experimenting. :)

In the imp: A very sweet scent, but given the notes, I found it a little odd that it's more of a floral sweetness than a sugary sweetness. Otherwise, that's about it - surprisingly simple.

Wet: Ah, there's the musk! It's still a rather simple scent, but now it's more of a floral musk than a straight-up floral. It does veer a little soapy, which could be the white musk (if that's what "shimmering celestial musk" is) - white musk and I occasionally don't get along as well as we could.

Dry: A sweet skin musk; sort of "your skin but better." IDK if the sweetness is from the white musk itself, or from the honey and/or vanilla proving unexpectedly tenacious, but it's there.

Like a lot of the RPG scents, this one is simple, but invites soooo much layering!

In the imp: Light, sparkly & very sweet! I can JUST identify the individual notes IF I'm looking for them, but otherwise they're blended wonderfully!

Wet on skin: Very different, yet still very sparkly, light & sweet. A very light amber/resin-ish honey, very light musk, a hint of something floral & a sprinkling of sugar!

Dry on skin: This is amping surprisingly well for something so light! It's about the same as wet & just SO PRETTY!

After a few hours: A very light, honey-ish, sugary musk!

Verdict: Far too light & sugary for me to wear on its own, but I really love this one & it is fantastic for layering! I layer it with Elf quite regularly & they work perfectly together!

In the imp, Good is all light honeyed vanilla, with a hint of the acacia wood smoothing things out and a kind of pulpy wetness from the sugar cane

Just applied, I get musk and a floral rather than foody vanilla, with acacia and greeny cane if I sniff deeply. Good is a very "white" scent on me, which is surprising given the color in the imp is a reddish brown

Dry: Oh, this is interesting. I'm getting spicy wood and floral vanilla with a delicious light musk overlaying everything and a hint of incense to keep things mysterious. There's a sliiiiiiiight bit of pencil shavings from the wood notes that I'm hoping aging will smooth over. This blend strikes me as neither feminine nor masculine. I could see how it would layer well with other RPG scents, yet by itself it's still complex enough to keep things intriguing. I will definitely get a lot of wear out of this!

Extreme dry: true to form, I'm amping everything that is floral and sweet in Good, the final result is something very close to the orchid vanilla that I get out of Regan, but without the problematic cream

This is full of notes of win, but also the acacia, which I'm not at all sure about.

Wet: Mostly sugar cane, but something floral comes out quickly - makes me wonder if it's the mimosa blossoms (acacia) in this rather than the wood. I am not getting anything woody out of this. I'm not getting the musk yet, but usually that comes out more on me on dry down. It's almost a bit citrusy, but sometimes honey does that on me.

Dry: Sickly sweet and floral, slightly soapy. it's just not working for me. :(

ETA: Slightly later, it starts to smell like violets...which to me are pretty much the devil....

Edited by LizziesLuck

I love Good, and it's quickly become one of my everyday scents, just because of it's simplicity and freshness. I smell mostly honey with some flowers hanging out in the background, nothing too cloying or too sweet.

When I want to make it a little bit less sweet or more complex, I love layering it with Ranger. Apparently good rangers smell really nice!

Edited by FeralFae

In the vial: honey and floral sweetness!

Wet: This reminds me SO MUCH of Lights of Men’s Lives! The white honey here and (what I think of as) the beeswax in Lights must have something in common. Honey can do really weird awful things on my skin but in this one it doesn’t, thankfully. The biggest difference from Lights is the acacia/mimosa blossom scent, which adds a beautiful, sweet, comforting floral tone to this along with the skin musk and the light honey/beeswax notes.

I really love Lights, but I think I love this one better, honestly! This dries down to the most beautiful, subtle, lightly floral skin scent. It is perfect for layering with just about anything else (including alcohol-based perfumes, which is what I’m doing today!), and also really beautiful on its own. It has wonderful staying power and exactly the right amount of throw: enough that I catch wafts of it throughout the day, but not so much that it’s overpowering or announcing my presence before I enter a room. I wish there were more mimosa/acacia in the BPAL catalog, but I will cherish this blend.

:wub3: :angel: :wub2:

This is very light and sweet on me. There is a warmth from the musk and something vaguely floral about it. Very well blended.

I got Good as a frimp and probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise, but I've really been enjoying it--especially layered with Elf. When it dries down the sugar cane helps balance out the violet in Elf and makes for a very nice sweetened floral.

Based on the notes I would have expected this to be too sweet, but it's actually quite balanced. The sugar cane is the longest lasting and most noticeable note on me, although I do get some floral and honey when first applied. Sometimes honey gets overwhelming on me, but this one is pretty subtle.

I had been ignoring the alignment scents, but now I think I'll have to try some of the others!

Chaotic was an imp that I got in a recent order and, thankfully, I got a matching Good frimp so that I could test out my alignment. I'm not layering them this time, but trying them on individually (Chaotic on my left wrist and Good on my right) so that I can make reviews of both.

In Bottle: Sweet, sweet, sweet. Not in a bad way, mind you. That vanilla, white honey, and sugar cane smell a bit like cake to me, but in a more subtle, perfume-y way.

Wet on Skin: The musk is coming out a little more, but it's still very sweet on me. I think the acacia is coming out, too, but acacia is the only note I'm unfamiliar with.

Approx. 1 Hour Later: Still very much the same. Musky and sweet, but not entirely powdery. The vanilla and sugar makes me somewhat think of Dorian, though I think the sugared vanilla notes in that may have been a little different.

------

Overall, this is a pleasant scent. I'm stoked to try properly layering this with Chaotic since I feel the sweetness of this would be a nice compliment but also get cut into a bit of a lighter scent (it's not too heavy or anything, just very sweet). I'll probably try Bard by itself before trying to layer these two.

I've gotten 2 imps of Good from the Lab and I didn't quite recognize the second one, so there was at least a bit of variability in this blend. With the first imp, I remember saying to my husband, "No wonder it's called Good!" The second imp is also nice, but it's a lot greener than the first batch I sniffed. I do like the acacia, but it's a bit stronger in the second imp and kind of overwhelms.

Would be beautiful layered with other white florals or something with a bit of tobacco.

Where I'd wear this: When I'm trying to convince my mother I'm actually quite self-sufficient haha

Edited by gloame

smelled light and sweet in the bottle. when i put on my skin, INSTANT powder. the powder only grew stronger the longer it was on. first bpal i've ever had to wash off (i gave it 30 minutes). i am definitely not good.

I'm starting to see a trend as I try BPAL's vanilla/honey blends--namely, that they're too sweet for me. BPAL's vanilla note is fruity compared to what I'm used to, and with their raw, animalic honey note it's almost too much for my nose. It also has a tendency to go to powder, which is usually not my thing.

Because of that, this seems like something I would appreciate much more on someone else. It's light, sweet, and has a nice woody undertone, but the sugariness of it is just not doing it for me. Luckily the initial blast of sweetness does calm down after about fifteen minutes; at that point it settles into honeyed wood with extra sugar on top. I'm really liking the acacia in this and would love to smell it in something else, but otherwise it's a pass for me. Maybe I'm not as "good" as I think, because I'd have to dirty this up (maybe with leather, or smoke, or coffee...) to wear it!

This started out quite promisingly, and if I didn't object to a bunch of everyone else's favorite notes I'd probably love this. It's an olfactory portrait of Joy from Inside Out.

Honey, marvelous honey in the bottle. Goes on as honey with sugar and... is that bubblegum? Why, yes, yes it is. That's hilarious. The honey returns briefly, making this a more natural and less plastic/fake bubblegum (if there is such a thing). At this moment I'm wondering if I have a new bottle scent.

But alas, the morph continues into my no-no-notes. It turns into musk as it dries, which then becomes baby powder and sweet pea. The sweet pea turns into rose, and I'm out.

Well done Lab! Just not for me. I'm not as good as all that, apparently.

Got this as a frimp, and thoght I would give it a go. In the vial it's very sweet but with something floral. On my skin it's sweet with a hint of musk, and the floral is still there, just not as prevalent. As it dries I get the honey, the musk, and an afterthought of floral. Zero throw, and not overpowering, but does feel like it's missing something, but that makes sense (scents?) as they were made for layering. I think I have an imp of Rogue I will have to dab on top of this to see what happens.

Keeping my imp, but don't think I need a bottle.

Edited by Anita

Sweet, white floral with a touch of honey when it goes on my skin. Then as it dries my skin starts eating it, and I have to put my nose right up to where I applied it on my wrist to get the faintest whiff. I've never had my skin eat a scent like this before. And up very close it smells vaguely powdery. I slathered pretty well too. Hmm...ok I guess I'll frimp this frimp.

Oh, wow, this one surprised me! I was leery because musk goes bad on my skin, but the other ingredients overshadow it. I didn't get acacia at all, just vanilla and sugar with a touch of honey. It edges on going to soap on me (probably the honey--that note doesn't like me at all).