Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Shimmering celestial musk with vanilla, white honey, acacia, and sugar cane.

I knew this would be a winner from the scent description. Good is a clean, slightly beeswaxy honey musk that reminds me of the honey note in the Half Elf proto and Lady Una. I love perfumes like this and I could wear this alone.

In the bottle: I'm not getting vanilla or sweetness, which is something of a bummer. There's faint floral, which I'm guessing is the acacia.

Wet on skin: The floral note is still dominant, but there's a weird plastic/artificial note in the background. Either my skin chemistry is weird, or the dry-down phase is odd.

Dry: Good, it seems, is a vaguely musky floral, devoid of the gooey vanilla sweetness I'd hoped for.

Verdict: I'm not entirely certain what to make of Good. I was hoping for a musky, sweet scent, and instead got a slightly cock-eyed floral. It might just be skin chemistry thing, but I doubt I'll be Good all that often.

Sniff: Slightly sweet honey

Wet: A strong floral component emerges from a honey base. There's just a hint of sweetness. The vanilla is not very potent. It's very light with good throw, gentle and a warmth very much like amber.

Dry: Turns powdery and musky, stays light. Unfortunately this is yet another honey blend I can't wear - it has turned sour and ruins the pretty floral musk.

Good - Beautiful! This is a gorgeous sweet, floral, musky scent. It's balanced really well so that none of the notes overwhelm the others. Everything is soft and sweet, feminine, and very pretty. It doesn't last very long on me, but when it's first applied, it has excellent throw. Love it! :heart:

This is a very sheer sweet floral with light musks and honey. There is something in the honey-musk combination that goes a little off to my nose, so it's not the sort of cake-covered-with-honeyed-flowers I was hoping for. Certainly appropriate for the layering as intended, and it's pretty, but it rather quickly turns into something smelling more like a candle to me.

Good is just what I pictured Sugar Moon to be - it's sweet and sparkling and clear and sugar sugar sugar :eek: I can imagine that it will be a huge hit with the bpal'ers. Not so much my thing I think. I like things a bit more snarly and less, y'know...good ;) Very pretty.

Beautiful floral honey musk in the vial. This is definitely honey à la Door or Lady Una. It's pure and gorgeous enough to stand on its own, yet I can see this layering tremendously well with a plethora of other blends.

In the imp: Department store perfume section. x.x

On skin, wet: Still perfumey.

On skin, dry: No real change. Every now and then I think I smell something sweet, but it goes away again right away.

After an hour: Same all the way through, and it is not a good thing. No vanilla, honey or sugar cane, this is all PERFUME. Ack. Scrubbing it off.

A frimp from the lab :wub2:

My skin amps musk so this is mostly musk on me. A sweet, warm musk though. I can see how this would be really good for layering. I will keep the imp and may even upgrade to a bottle if it grows on me a bit more and I find some good layering combinations.

Sniffed: Hmm... I smell fuzzy, pale musk, plus something off-putting that resembles unwashed body or hair. Is it the musk or white honey?

On skin: Oh dear. I primarily smell cozy, gentle musk, with this unpleasant odour of unwashed skin lurking underneath. It may be white honey (honey always ends up smelling rancid on my skin) or, more likely, something in the "celestial musk". Apart from this malodorous note, which morphs in and out but never really goes away, Good is sweet, creamy, soft and gentle, a decidedly white-coloured scent. Indeed, my scent impression is a creamy white.

Verdict: Good would've been a good scent, if not for that unpleasant dirty musk odour. That would probably be mitigated when layered with the other RPGs, but as it is, not good at all. I'm glad that some other reviewers observe the same off quality... at least it's not only me!

In the imp: Fresh and clean. Not laundry-clean, but the vanilla and honey just smell... bright. Fitting for Good, I guess. :lol:

On my skin, it's a little spicy, almost ambery. Weirdly, there's something about it that reminds me of sunscreen, though I'm not sure exactly what note it would be. Maybe just a combination of all of them. There's an... almost salty edge to it; it reminds me of the ambergris accord in Lyonesse. Overall, to my nose, Good is smelling like a less complex and more honeyed version of Lyonesse. The honey is nice, but I like the complexity of Lyonesse better. I know that the RPG blends are designed to be layered, which I'll try to keep in mind; I don't think Good is interesting enough to wear on its own, but it might be nice with Halfling.

Good

In the imp: I'm getting mostly the sweetness of vanilla, warmed by the honey and sugarcane. The floral adds a backup note that's a bit more floaty and keeps all those sugars from being thick or cloying.

On my skin: wet this is mostly...acacia I'm guessing? I don't recognize the scent right off, but soon the musk comes charging in to balance things out. At first the vanilla is nowhere to be seen, but I'm just fine with vanilla being a backup note in this one. The honey isn't too pungent, which I'm also fine with, and the sugar cane...well, I don't smell much sugar cane. My nose can't quite figure out if this is floral or sweet - perhaps if I had even eaten a sugared flower I might have a better idea of what I'm smelling, but I can only imagine that this is what it might smell like if you soaked an acacia flower in sugar and honey and then applied a thin veil of musk. It's a nice scent, but it hasn't made me fall in love with it.

A frimp from the lab. :wub2: In the vial it smells, well, good! The oil is quite red, making me wonder if there's red musk in it.

Wet on skin: musk and what must be acacia, it has a herbal or green hint to it. Not too sweet right now and quite nice.

Drying: hints of sugar. Liked it so much I slathered. Still guessing red musk. The honey note is quite pale, appropriate for white honey, I guess! Moderate throw.

3 ½ hours later: Still good, a nice skin scent, soft honeyed musk. Not as strong as red musk usually is on me.

Put a couple of wand swipes on my wrists before bed and still had good scent the next morning. By PM that day, I still smelled Good, so it definitely is long lasting on my skin. I like this so much on it's own that I'm not sure what I'd layer it with to make it any better!

"Good" delivers what it promises, and is extremely pretty. All the notes are present and accounted for, with a lovely light and musky honey playing the lead. The vanilla and sugar sparkles through the honey, and the tiny breath of floral adds an extra feminine touch. A very clean, "white" scent that could be used to honey-dip some of my other BPALs. I already have a bottle on the way.

Edited by LadyLuckless

Good is a bright, slightly powdery sugar musk with a big dollop of honey and hint of some sort of floral fruitiness that I wonder if it's the acacia. The sugar and fruit must be amping on my skin though as the blend is starting to make my teeth ache a bit with its sugary sweetness. I'll have to try it in combos with the races and classes before I make a verdict, but on its own Good is too sweet for my tastes.

Oh, but I had high hopes for this one. In the bottle and wet on my skin it is vomitously powdery, floral soap to me. I'm begging it to taper off into this wonderful vanilla honey muskiness that other people are smelling.

Then on the drydown it goes sweeter and even more powdery. At the tail end of my inhale, there's a...savory foodiness that just... wait. Is that pickle? XO

Let me um... layer this with Paladin and see what happens. But at this point I really don't think I can get past the... ugh factor. I weep!

Wet: Shimmering and sweet. Distinctively white.

Drydown: The celestial musk really shines. It’s light and pearlescent. Honey and a bit of well-behaved vanilla sweeten the blend. There’s just a hint of something sharp in the background.

Dry: The sharp floral note moves to the forefront. It smells like a soft, sugared iris; I suppose it must be the acacia. The overall scent if very white and lightweight. It’s clean, airy, sweet, and just a little bit sharp.

4 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

This is a sweet but clean scent. It's not cloying or overly present, but reminds me a bit of generic candy fragrances, just faded away.

Like a girl that has spritzed herself with Lolita Lempicka in the morning, and it out on a river bank at midnight.

It's a good scent, for occasions where you want to know you're wearing a perfume, but need to make it as subtle as possible.

Maybe it’s the acacia, but the initial application of Good smells “green” to me—almost a little astringent. I can’t say I’ve smelled this plant before, so I may be mistaken. If it does lend a floral quality to the scent, I would describe it as a neutral floral. It’s not heady or offensive in the least.

Within something like 10 or 15 minutes, what I believe to be the acacia calms down and I’m left with a pleasant, if subtle, combination of everything else. There’s honey, but it’s not cloying (as is usually the case for me). The musk seems to lend warmth while the vanilla (maybe) gives it a slightly creamy texture. With more time, I think I can sense the very light smokiness braybrigade suggests. I don’t consider this to be an extremely sweet scent, either.

Reading through the previous reviews, I can relate most to claudia9613 when she says Good is slightly powdery, but doesn’t quite cross that line.

Maybe it’s just me, but when I smell this fragrance, I’m reminded of toy baby dolls and their bottles/accessories. It could be a particular one from my childhood, but I think I remember at least one smelling something like this.

Thank you very much to the generous people at BPAL for sending this as a freebie with my order. I do think it's pretty. : )

Edit: It's been a few more hours, and while the scent sits very close to the skin, I don't much care for the honey becoming the dominant note at this stage. But this is only my personal preference, and it reminds me too much of our Eclectus's natural odor. I know there is somebody out there who would appreciate a very lightly musky honey skin scent, though. It is slightly more sweet and creamy now than it was before.

Edited by Pumpkinn

It starts off smelling like musk with sweet sugar in the background - but then thirty minutes later it is pure incense on my skin.

Edited by icecreamcone

In the bottle - A sweet, floral honey

Wet on me - Clean white honey with a hint of musk

Dry on me - Clean skin musks with hints of a very floral honey

Overall - I was sort of hoping this would resemble Antique Lace, but whilst it's pleasant enough it doesn't grab me

Clean & sweet, then creamy & a little bit tangy - it reminds me of Nivea cream which was my Mum's moisturizer when I was little.

Amusing scent memory but not something I would wear.

(I tried layering it with Paladin which I find a bit too light but somehow that just made Good smell cleaner so it was even less my thing.)

Hmmm... "shimmering" is a good word, especially in the imp. On my skin, it makes me think pearly clouds (or gates?): it's a clean scent, a bit soapy, perhaps. If I try, I can make out the honey (thin and pale) and what I might have called lily but which actually must be the acacia. Honey often goes plasticky on me, and that's true here, but only while the spot on my skin is still wet. Once it dries down, though, I just get that pale, clean, not-quite-soapy scent. Maybe a bit too "goody-two-shoes" for my tastes, but I look forward to seeing how it blends with the other scents in this series!