Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Halfling

Porridge, kukui nuts, and pastry crumbs.

In the imp: Yup, that's a foody scent right there! There's even something a bit berry-like, which I didn't expect. I'm a bit worried about the butter, though - it smells rather overwhelming here, and I don't know how butter-like scents react with my skin yet...

Wet: As someone above notes, definitely in the family of Eat Me. However, instead of cupcakes, here I'm getting flaky pastries that have been on the cooling rack for a few minutes. Over time, the berry note expands and fights with the pastry for dominant note.

Dry: A pleasant vanilla note emerges right at the very end, but otherwise, it just sort of slowly goes stale and fades away.

Mmm yum yum.

When I first smelled this in the imp, I'll be honest, it wasn't what I expected. It smelled too buttery. I was put off and let it sit un-tested for a few days. I decided to try it again actually on my skin this time, and I fell in love! On the skin it smells like brown sugar oatmeal. It has this wonderful warmth and comfort to it that makes me feel snuggly. I liked it so much I bought a bottle. :wub2:

We bought an imp of Halfling just to try out because we love the RPG series, and I thought I'd give it a try just to see how it works on my skin.

The verdict? I smell like a cookie.

A delicious, warm, soft oatmeal cookie stuffed with nuts and raisins, fresh out of the oven.

It's a cute scent that I might have worn 25 years ago, but in my current state of elder Goth-dom, it just ain't right. I'll pass this one along to my nieces along with Alice and Eat Me; sweet foodie scents that they love, but I just can't deal with.

Trying out a frimp from a Lab or Post order that has been sitting in my imp stash for who knows how long. Well, this is very foodie! It reminds me of the smell of hot Cream of Wheat cereal, with milk and sugar on top, the way my mom served it when we were kids. Unfortunately, I dislike Cream of Wheat and milk, so this is a no-go. I always had Cocoa Wheats cereal instead, without milk. :smile:

Edited by Poenari

Wet: Freshly baked oatmeal cookies and milk. So much so that it actually makes me want to bake oatmeal cookies! Yum!

Dry: Sweet, creamy, nutty. I don't get any spice. It's less "oaty" than it was. It's very warm and comforting. I love it. Needs a full day test, and then possibly a bottle.

In the imp: Almost blueberry-like.

Wet: Rich, fruity pastry and oats.

Dry: Ehhhh. I'm not a fan of this one. :( It smells like raisin oatmeal cookies, which are my least favourite cookie due to unpleasant scent-memory associations from a childhood daycare that treated me absolutely abhorrently. It's not an unpleasant scent based on the notes, just not a good one for me.

This smells exactly like Pepperidge Farm Santa Cruz oatmeal raisin soft cookies. A gorgeous and evocative scent, but not something I want to wear.

My significant other may have hit the nail directly on the head when he said that this scent smelled like "cookies and home."

Yep, thats it. This is a warm and chewy oatmeal cookie, with maybe a hot mug of something near by. Its warm, its comfortable, its delicious. A perfect Halfling evening!

It's got that slight funkiness that I also got from Bread-and-Butterfly. It seems depending on what is combined with the pastry scents, it can go either way on me: slightly sour or perfect toasty, buttery goodness. This ones does the latter - I think it may be the kukui nuts.

A deeply wholesome gourmand. A scent that says, maybe a little smugly: "I've had breakfast and all my needs are met, thank you. Think I'll have a walk in the sun with my pipe and look at the neighbors' veggies."

Nutty oatmeal dusted with cinnamon, raisins, and some unlisted but rather festive red currants or cranberries, and some half-eaten, buttery coffee cake on the side.

Foodie and fun and silly. Don't halfling without it.

I tired a frimp of this and I'm so glad I did! Previously I had thought of skipping it because halflings seem like such a cliche go to character, but I should've known better than to underestimate them. ( I still think elves are snobby and elitist though ;) ) Halflings smell like good sustaining food, a comfortable, loving home and peace and happiness. It honestly made me think of childhood, it IS very comforting and snuggly. I unreservedly Love this scent and everything about it. It's good aromatherapy for the blues and what ails you. Highly Recommended... :wub2: :wub2:

Hm, Not what I'd expected from the name, but hey, I hadn't checked the notes before sniffing.

It's sweet but salty pastry. Warm, slightly spicy.

It's making me visualise eating spiced bread when really drunk... Not sure how that image popped in my head, but it's kinda like that, in a good way. It also reminds me of this.

Doesn't morph much on my skin besides that there was a 'funky' note before that has now faded. Which is a good thing, it's a little more adult I guess.

Nice, sweet, funny. :smilenod:

Edited by Cali

This is truly unlike anything else I've ever smelled. It's exactly like porridge with milk, nuts, and honey. There's definitely a chai-esque aspect, too. It's very comforting and homey, and while I never expected to want to smell like porridge I might just end up with a bottle. Absolutely perfect for a halfling/hobbit!

This reminds me of Eat Me but doesn't have whatever ingredient in Eat Me is disastrous with my chemistry. (Vanilla???) It's quite pleasant and I may pull out the imp on a chilly damp day when I'm craving comfort food, but I don't plan to buy a bottle.

I tried this one a while back and found it underwhelming, but I let it sit nearly a year before recently trying it again.

With some time to age, this has become wonderful. It does require a very liberal slathering to be as strong as I like my perfumes, though. It's a very warm, comforting gourmand. Creamy, milky oatmeal sweetened with honey, with buttery sweet almost cinnamony breads on the side. There's also a touch of fruitiness to this, a little sweeter than raisins but similar.

Overall this is a keeper for me. Not sure I'll spring for a big bottle anytime soon but maybe once I use the imp up.

It's an olfactory portrait of Rosie Cotton, Sam Gamgee's wife. Nuts and pastry in the bottle. Goes on as a buttery crust with nuts, like a nut tart. Then a sweet note comes in, like a floral honey. It morphs to pine briefly, and then returns as a sweet pastry, or maybe an oatmeal cookie, as others have noted. I totally want to eat this. Very little throw. Might pair well with Dana O'Shee.

This is by far my favorite so far. I'm new to Bpal but have tried a lot due to Duskinhereyes who is now responsible for my new addiction, haha!

In the bottle: I was unsure as I couldn't really place the scent other than it was quite sweet.

Wet on my skin: Yummy nutty pastry and hot breakfast cereal. It really reminded me of hearty hot cereal with real maple syrup and butter, which being from Vermont is a fond and warm childhood memory.

Dry: This has staying power for me. Can't judge throw yet as I've only tried it the once at home, but I could distinctly smell it on myself for a good 8 hours. Again, by far my favorite, and I'll be buying or swapping for at least one backup bottle soon. I'm really surprised it's not more popular with the foodie crowd. A lot of foodies seem to go wonky on me but this one stays just right!

Slightly fruity pie crust--can't really identify it as a specific fruit, but there's a definite fruitiness about it. It's warm and snuggly. I like it--maybe especially because it's cold as balls here right now--but I like Take a Knee better for my pie needs and have a big bottle of it, so I probably don't need to hunt down more Halfling.

Testing the imps continues--yesterday fighter {meh} today Halfling.  Sharp fruity and bready.

I don't read notes prior to testing -- I see the pasty and porridge but do not know where the fruit comes from--it is sharp like pomegranate.  Really heady actually when wet then mellows fairly quickly to a citrus spice pastry.  yeah not bread but pastry.  It really reminds me of this Cranberry Walnut Tart Trader Joes had on a shortbread crust.  Addictive shit that was but I haven't seen it in a while.

Anyway it is fruity comforting a bit spicy and soothing.  It really softens quickly from something that sits on the skin and is like POW here I am to a close to skin not really foody thing.  And then it is gone.  Or maybe it is just baby's porridge and milk breathe.  That sounds kinda sour and gross but it isn't.

Now this is where I talk about pomegranate.  To me it is super loud and sharp but fades fast and even tho it is no where in the notes I swear it is in there.  It also has a tendancy to smell slightly dusty and dry and well potpouri.  Which is probably the citrus phase because dried orange peels are all over potpouri.

Nicer by far than Fighter and I will keep it for more testing instead of throwing it at my husband to see if he wants it then putting it up for swapadoodles.  Right now its a mixed bag so 3/5 

To be revisitied.

In the imp: Super foody. Oatmeal with brown sugar and pralines. 

On my skin:

Wet, sweet brown sugar is at the forefront of the scent. After some time, the sweetness mellows so that I envision brown sugar in a porridge or pastry. It's still very sweet, and just a tad spicy, but not artificial or cloying. 

It's pretty great -- and one of the few nut-containing blends that doesn't go SuperNut on me -- but I'm not at all sure how I'd layer it. 

This smells like a warm bowl of the yummiest porridge ever, with fig and toasted nuts on top, plus some fresh, cold whole milk. It's sweet, foody, and very cozy. To me, it's like a mid-point between Dana O'Shee, which is lighter, and Dies Patribus, which is sweeter.

Well Halfling didn't quite work out on me, but that's to be expected with most foody blends on my skin. Just kinda weird, cloying sweet. In scent locket I think it will be a nice nutty oatmeal blend. Glad I got to try it!