Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Alice

Dwarf

In the imp: Metal, hops, and leather. 

On my skin:

Metal and some kind of gently sweet herb (not the bitterness of hops I'm used to). As it dries, it reminds me of the apple cider note in Dwarven Ale. There is a detectable undercurrent of leather.

Given some time to warm and develop on my skin, I can pick out that the sweet note I'm smelling now has the familiar tang I associate with BPAL metal notes. But at this point, it's kind of like metal and cider and perfume. 

This is... not what I expected from the scent description at all, but definitely in a good way. I don't know that I could quite get away with wearing this as a stand-alone scent... but I don't know that I couldn't , either. 

Dwarf smells mellow and herbal to me at first.  There's a vaguely floral smell, but it's like clover or wild flowers rather than full on FLOWERS.  It doesn't make me think of beer, but that's probably a good thing, since I'm not a fan of what I think of as "beer" smell.  Thinking about it further though, I could see a mellow IPA smelling like this, so..... there be your hops.  :smile:  It's an interesting and pleasant blend, though not one I'd wear much.  The thing that really kills it for me though, is something turns into wet dog on my skin after about ten minutes.  After about an hour, this becomes a really unusual leather blend that I like, but it's just not worth the wait time for me.    

In the imp it's a very masculine stone/metal smell. On me it's all leather, as I have come to expect from any scent with any amount of leather.  My husband is currently running an all-dwarf game, so I gave it to him for~inspiration~. 

The is a really clean smell, and I like it! The leather is very subtle and soft, the stone and iron are somehow... fresh? Don't ask me why stone is fresh and clean, but somehow it is! The hops adds something mellow and herbal. I like wearing this is something pleasantly non-invasive and masculine.

Lab frimp! The hops are very sweet and floral-smelling right on application, they are almost bubblegum-like for a second before settling. That is most of what I get to start. There is a bit of the dusty leather but not much. There's also an undertone that reminds me of the 'thin oil' or bronze note in The Robotic Scarab, that I really like. I never really get the mineral or metallic qualities that everyone else seems to. This is very pretty and not nearly as masculine as I'd pictured from the description. This dwarf is a total girl next door that probably sings Taylor swift songs in the mines... 😂

I applied quite a bit so it began very strong. It became less noticeable over the course of a couple hours so sadly it didn't last as long as I'd have liked. However I liked this a lot more than I thought, it stood out as fairly unique! I've never looked much at the RPG line, just not much of a layer-er(?) with my scents, but this was cool!

Another win! Earthy soil then stone + cool cold water on me mostly. I think this Dwarf would like people to know that they are not unkempt dirty dudes. This Dwarf likes to be well kempt and clean before a high adventure but he still can't take the Middle Earth out of his gear, no matter how well kept. I really like this one and look forward to trying more RPG blends!

Yeah, this isn't for me. I'm getting the iron mostly and some of the leather. When I first applied it, it smelled faintly like oudh and brass. There's also a note in here that resembles baby powder, my guess is the soot. It's like freshly washed clothing covered in grease? So odd, was not expecting it to be to clean.

Will keep an imp for my RPG collection, but not looking to acquire anymore. 

In the imp: Hops, leather, and a vague metallic flint

Wet: From the description, I expected this to smell like a brewery. It doesn't; the predominant note is warm leather, with a light undertone of golden hops and the occasional metallic pop of a knife being sharpened. 

Dry: Mostly a pleasant, rose-and-sandalwood coloured leather, a hint of powdered steel, the smell of the sun blanketed over fields of wheat. A wonderful surprise! Strong throw with a very long lifespan of 12+ hours.

Stars: ★★★★½