Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Weeping Branches Moon

Graceful, arching branches, heavy with plum and apricot blossoms, sweet ichigo, and a bouquet of peony, anemone, honeysuckle, spider lily, and hydrangea against a backdrop of luminescent, gently glowing lunar oils.

Sigh, what is it with the scents I love most being the least traditionally masculine ones?

I love the light, hazy gauzy florals and the plum-berry. It's mostly a sweet juicy berry with a tiny bract of woods and all the wet, dewy florals humming in the background. Drydown is mostly berry, florals never take off screeching like they sometimes can when they are these wet leafy flowers (hydrangea, etc).

And if anyone asks me, yes, I am wearing a strawberry perfume.

I bought only one bottle, I could have bought a few more. Searching thusly!

I agree that the florals in this one don't go all high-pitched or soapy on me either, which is awesome. Throw for me is decent and I like the balance of just-picked (but not bitten) fruit--that hint of plum & apricot and fresh-not-fake strawberry mentioned in earlier reviews--and soft florals and a bit of something that seems to suggest moonlight on dewy spring-bloom-laden branches. For me, this is pretty consistent from the bottle through the drydown and it is a perfect "closing the day" scent!

Weeping Branches Moon is a fruity-floral scent that actually works and smells good on me, without being overly sharp or soapy (flowers) or overly ripe/rotting (fruits), both of which are hazards with my chemistry. I've had good success with most fruit blossoms, though, so that may be why. It's a pretty, springy floral, definitely feminine but not cloying at all. There's a bit of green, herbal-ness when first applied, but it fades as the scent dries.

Similar scents (to my nose) that I also enjoy: Kitsune-Tsuki, Titania, Peach Moon

In the decant: A pleasant, balanced fruity floral. Nothing is really jumping out at me.

On the skin: Pretty much the same. I wish I were more familiar with each floral note to give a more apt description. I know some florals can be quite heady and thick, but this is a very delicate combination.

Conclusion: A very nice Springtime scent, straightforward with absolutely no weird morphing going on. However, it's not really evoking anything for me, and it's a bit boring.

Weeping Branches Moon is sweet and lovely balance of floral and fruit. It is delicate and elegant, and very feminine. I'm so grateful I was able to find a bottle here on the forum, and I plan on wearing this one often!

Smelling Weeping Branches Moon to me, is like tasting a juicy watermelon Jolly Rancher candy!

It's sweet and juicy, fruity and floral. It is almost glittery, if that makes sense.

This oil and I did not get along when I purchased it back in 2011, but I tried it again today to see if some aging (for both the oil and my nose :P) would change that.

In the bottle: Soft floral with something fruity. Beautiful and feminine.

Wet on my skin: Gorgeously floral with just the right amount of juicy fruit. Not too sweet, nothing too strong, no note seems to be over-taking the other. I think I can just smell the hint of the wood everyone else is talking about and I like it. For a minute I begin to believe this will be the winner that I was hoping for and didn't get in 2011.

Dry: Crap. There it is. I don't know if it's the plum blossom or one of the florals that instantly drives me to a headache, but something is so sweet and piercing that I have to wash it off after only 45 minutes. :( What a downer.

The concept is lovely, the artwork just as, but there is something in this that makes my head hurt and I barely dabbed the oil to begin with. This is an oil that will have to find a new home.

Edited by KrahesPhoenix

A light floral, blossoming scent, perfect for spring. Mostly plum and peony I think.

Lots of fruity florals in the top notes. A mix of fruity floral plum, a hint of the apricot blossom, and sweet strawberry. This does fade a tiny bit in the longterm drydown but doesn’t disappear, just becomes more on par with the floral blend.

The other florals are more floral and sweet, ‘pink’ smelling. The fruitiness of some of the florals keeps this from going into soap hell, and things stay sweet and realistic. I get a fair amount of the peony, lily, and some hydrangea. The honeysuckle actually fades on application despite being present in the bottle sniff.

There is the tiniest hint of sweet woods at the base, not strong or pencil shavings, honestly a touch sappy. Very mild.

I’m not sure what lunar oils are, but there is something at the base of this as a fixative that does feel glowing and lovely. Some sort of ambery musk perhaps.

Overall I like this one a lot, I love the lab's fruity-floral Asian blends. This one is no exception, it's gorgeous.