Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Knockout Drops

Bourbon vanilla, white mint, and white chocolate with a squirt of lemon meringue and a dribble of absinthe.

I agree with everything astarinel said.

The white mint really stood out here, so it smells very clean. Kinda reminds me of old people. It reminds me of something from my childhood, too, but I can't quite place it, the dentist office maybe? The minty smell of the tooth polish they use? It's interesting, but less foody and vanilla than I had hoped. I think I was hoping for more anise scent, sweetened by vanilla. It's managed to linger all day, and smelled kinda "out of the shower" on my husband.I think if you wanted something more astringent that smelled closer to alcohol, this might work. Definitely recommend getting an imp first.

Some BPALs smell different to me every time I wear them. Knockout Drops is one of those. Different each time, but always uplifting and happy. Sometimes it's the minty freshness. Sometimes I get sweet fruit, almost a pink grapfruit. Other times it's mostly Absinthe. Always the rich sweet backdrop of white chocolate and vanilla. And something that reminds me of the fougere of Dorian.

Not every BPAL has aromatherapy-like effects, but Knockout Drops always picks me up when I'm low. I keep it on my desk at work and slather it throughout the day. To me, it's the perfect antidote to seasonal affective disorder, and I'm loving it this winter.

In the Imp (ITI): I get vanilla, mint, and sugary lemon on first sniff. It’s foody, but I like it.

Wet: On my skin, absinthe and lemon become dominant. There is a light sweetness thanks to the vanilla and perhaps the smallest hint of mint.

Dry: When it’s dry, the scent exists as a combination of absinthe and the faintest hints of vanilla and mint.

Bottle: Bourbon and lemon. Like a really strong drink. With mint.

Wet: Still alcoholic-ish and very lemony and very minty fresh. A very small bit of vanilla seems to even out the acidity.

Drying: The mint and lemon start to behave themselves, letting the vanilla have some “me” time. The boozy quality fades completely.

Dry: I’m surprised I don’t have more absinthe; I love and amp that one! I can smell it behind all the others, truly a “dribble.” It fades into this lemon-y vanilla scent with the background of mint and a bit of absinthe. I almost expected it to be more foody with the bourbon vanilla and lemon meringue, but it ended up really pleasant. Definitely a summer scent.

Verdict: I love the partial bottle I have but I do not think I will look for more. I can’t see me using this all up!

I really didn't expect to like this, as the reviews are all over the place! Lemon, absinthe, and mint aren't great notes for me (I tend toward darker incense blends), but a sweet forumite frimped this to me in a recent package. I was immediately smitten and kept huffing my wrists ALL day. I can see the comparison to Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat, but that one was all dish soap to me.

This is creamy, sweet, but refreshing for a hot summer day. And whereas Bones Trombone was tooth-achingly sweet on me, this one is extremely lovely and wearable. It's probably the only "fresh" scent in my collection, but I'm glad I hunted down a bottle! :D

On the skin: Minty fresh with a slight bubblegum feel. This might sound silly, but it smells exactly like this toothpaste I used to have when I was little. A minty bubblegum toothpaste.

After a bit I can pick out more of the lemon and herbal absinthe. The minty bubblegum feel is still there, but the other notes are starting to peak out.

Not for me, but I am very entertained...

This one is foody without smelling too much like real food. It's mainly white chocolatey vanilla lemon meringue pie, with a hint of mint in the beginning. Not really getting the absinthe, so it must be a minuscule dribble. The vanilla et al. really works its magic after it has settled on skin/clothes for a while and has this sweet yummy mmm smell. Funnily enough, I like to wear this one sometimes when I exercise. It doesn't make me hungry and it has a positive vibe.

I don't understand why I like this so much, yet I do. I swapped away the bottle I bought when it was first released, but ended up using my decant so much that I bought another bottle. It's one of my go-too warm weather scents. I hate summer and need soothing, cooling BPAL to get me through it.

To me, it is clean and soapy, rather than foody, despite the white chocolate being distinct. I don't get any vanilla. Just cold white chocolate with anise, lemon, and mint.

This is light, and fresh smelling on me. I don't know if its the aging, or that I haven't worn either of them for so long, but it smells very similar to Lemon Scented Sticky Bat. I can't really identify any of the individual notes, its just a nice clean scent.

A kind forumite provided me with a sniffie of this.

I love the Monster Baits that I have, so I was excited to try this one too, even though the notes aren't really for me.

The lemon and mint don't play well together on my skin. I get none of the vanilla or meringue, no white chocolate. Maybe a touch of the absinthe, but I could be imagining it because I expected it to be there.

I am really glad I got to try this, it reassured me I do not need to attempt to track down a bottle of this.

Very hard to pin down. Lemon cleaning product in the bottle? with mint? Goes on as a crème de menthe note which rounds into a cozy vanilla, although there's definitely an alcohol note in there somewhere. This quickly becomes a lemon drop, but that only lasts another few seconds. Once it dries, it cycles between lemon Lysol and mint toothpaste. Not for me. I have Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat for the lemon drop note.

First Sniff: Pleasant, boozy vanilla. It's gentle, not in your face, alcohol which I like.

Initial Wet Application: Soft bourbon, it's barely alcoholic at all. There's a smooth mint in the background too. Now there's faint lemon drops, which I hope doesn't stick around. It's alright, as far as lemon goes, but I generally don't care for it overall.

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): I think I can smell a tiny bit of white chocolate? Something seems to be making the mint soft and lovely. More chocolate please!

My Reaction: I liked this. I enjoyed the vanilla/soft mint/slight lemon. I wish the white chocolate had been stronger though. Not something I’d reach for often, but yummy nonetheless.

Rating: 3

Going through my old hand written reviews...

In the bottle: A very odd, fuzzy smell. Sweet and somewhat citrus-y. It tickles my nose like the bottle is filled with fuzz!

On: It reminds me of Gennivre, same kind of mint. I wouldn't call it a fresh citrus more candy-like maybe? The longer it stays on my skin the stronger the citrus gets, and I can't pinpoint a specific kind either but I know it isn't lemon. I don't get any vanilla, any chocolate or absinthe. I really thought this scent would smell "colder" than what it does. 

Knockout drops stays fuzzy and cuddly, it works great as a nighttime/bedtime scent for me. The next morning there was still a sweet scent lingering on my skin.