Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Knockout Drops

KNOCKOUT DROPS
Bourbon vanilla, white mint, and white chocolate with a squirt of lemon meringue and a dribble of absinthe.

The Mint/Lemon/Absinthe all combine together and makes me think of some sort of cocktail.

It's nice but I am literally drawing a blank on other descriptive terms.

This is a perfume that is both there and not there.

I think in warmer weather this would be great for when you want something nice but not necessarily attention getting. Like a good work scent. Edited by Shollin

I am a HUGE Absinthe fan and this one does not disappoint if you are as well. It's soft and like on the skin. Easy to wear to work. Sorta smells like a mixed drink....almost like a mojito with lemon (and not lime). The vanilla just adds a softness, but it does not smell like a vanila dominant scent.

Keeper for me.

In the bottle, sweet vanilla bourbon and a touch of lemon. I haven't skin tested it yet, just sniffed it as I decanted. It has definite potential!!!

In the bottle, lemon and mint with a little vanilla in the background - definitely the bourbon vanilla, :lol: I can see the "mojito with lemon" comparison.

On, the mint and lemon sort of duel for dominance, they blend very well, but as I sniff I think "lemon!" "no, mint!" The vanilla is still there in the background, adding a soft sweetness, but this isn't a vanilla dominant scent - at least, not yet - this review is right out of the mailbox. I think that sometimes vanilla scents especially need a little while to "rest" before the vanilla holds its own against the other notes.

So far, the vanilla reminds me of Celeste, I am getting the feeling of a lemon and mint Celeste from this. I am hoping the vanilla comes forward a little more with time, as it did with Celeste......

I get the cool icy mint, thats not too BAM minty. just cool/snowy mint. and white chocolate. I can pick out the citrus.. but its not a citrus blend on me at all. 6 hours later its the bourbon vanilla, with absinth, and the tiniest coolness of the white mint. Really Really like the dry down! Glad I bought an extra bottle already

This smells like mint and absinthe on me. Not really picking up the chocolate note. I love the Lab's absinthe scents and this one does not disappoint.

I wasn't sure this would work for me, but being a hardcore vanilla lover (and that there were no total doom notes) I figured it may be worth ordering a bottle unsniffed. And it was a great decision! This is not a heavy stuffy white chocolate or a sharp mint or anything like that. It actually reminds me A LOT of Anti-Saloon League. Once the lemon note (which reminds me of Skytyping with Chemtrails) fades from my skin, its Anti-Saloon all the way. Anti-Saloon changed and got much richer and creamier with age, so I think this may as well. But it is not foody/sweet/heavy. Its light, clean, fresh and summer friendly, but it still maintains a snuggly and creamy feel to it. So glad I got a bottle!

Knockout Drops seems to be a soapy version of Cheshire Moon. I have no idea how that's coming about since the notes are so very different, but my nose and brain are broadcasting "soapy Cheshire Moon". Which may not sound all that pleasant, to be honest, but I actually like it. If I push CM out of my mind, I can smell the component notes and they are a beautiful non-soapy blend. This is going to be a great hot weather scent.

This is the yummy bourbon vanilla of Gypsy Moth made light and fresh by mint, lemon, and maybe a hint of absinthe. Upon initial application it is all about lemon and mint when I sniff close to the skin, but the throw is much more about the bourbon vanilla with wafts of the other notes. The lemon and mint soften considerably as this dries, allowing the lovely, sweet vanilla to come forward and the absinthe to become just a tiny bit more apparent. Overall a very nice spring and summer blend. Perfect for anytime you want a scent that is light and refreshing.

In Bottle: White mint and chocolate, a touch of absinte. Yummy.

Wet: White mint seems to stand out the most, backed up by the lemon and absinthe, with just enough vanilla and chocolate to make your mouth water. While i'm not too much of a vanilla person myself, with this blend i've made an exception. Normally anything containing vanilla for me just seems a little too overpowering and sweet, but the rest of the notes are truely just as active as the vanilla, working WITH it, and not FOR it. It also has a pretty decent throw.

Drydown: The mint has disapeared, leaving only the warm, delicious smell of vanilla mixed with chocolate notes and a faint hint of absinthe. A nice scent, comforting and fuzzy. It doesn't have much throw on drydown for me, but I have a feeling it will be excellent for when i'm cuddled up next to my boyfriend under a nice blanket. :)

I think I might end up getting a second bottle of this one. <3

Knockout Drops - With the white chocolate and white mint at the forefront, this reminds me so much of my beloved Victorian Virgins with Cherubs bath oil, which I wear as a skin scent constantly. As it warms up on my skin, the absinthe and lemon meringue become a little more evident, and it's a really phenomenal scent, but the white chocolate and white mint still dominate. It's awesome to the point that I want to buy a ton of bottles and layer it with my Victorian Virgins bath oil and forsake all of my other BPAL. Who knows, it could happen. (As my nephew would say: "NOT!!!") :lol:

I just got an imp of this through a decant circle. In the imp it smells of mint and tart fresh citrus, like a mojito! I thought this was awesome, although I could see how others might not agree. When first applied, the citrus is very tart. The mint is also in the foreground, and they are supported by a creamy sweetness that I think might be the meringue and white chocolate. As it dries, the lemon recedes a bit, leaving mostly mint, meringue and some white chocolate. After a while, I'm left with those scents and a light, slightly bitter herbal note that I think is the absinthe, which keeps it from being just sweetness. This had a surprising amount of throw on me for a fresh, citrus-y type of scent. I love this, and may have to buy a bottle.

smells like a sweet vanilla mint. A dead ringer for the Polar Bear Plunge bath oil from bptp. I even smelled them next to each other and they are like twin sisters. Nice- don't need a bottle, but I will enjoy the imp!

3.5/5

This turns into almost a complete absinthe single note on me. :( I'm hoping with some age the absinthe will back off and the other notes will pop out.

Delicious! An icy, minty, lemony mojito, with a bit of absinthe on the side (hic!). I was about to say "no white chocolate", but I can catch a whiff of it when my hands are far from my face. The vanilla grounds it nicely. Must grab a bottle. :joy:

I have to agree with previous reviewers, this is like a lemon mojito with a bit of absinthe on a sweet, vanilla-white chocolate base. I really like this more than I thought I would (BPAL's Absinthe didn't work for me so I didn't think this would work either). This is such a cute scent and will be perfect for summer. :)

In the imp and wet on my skin, this smells like Thin Mints with something ever-so-slightly herbal/bitter-green on top, like a delightful cookie with a small, secret dose of some kind of medicine mixed in.

I can't really comment on the drydown, as other than the lingering puff of old mint gum this is GONE in about a minute.

I'm getting everything I should with this one; the absinthe and mint blend seamlessly and are deliciously fresh, the bourbon vanilla is rich and present with the white chocolate and the lemon meringue adds an extra dose of sugar. Very tasty. More please!

In the bottle and on my skin, this is cool and a bit powdery and sharp. The absinthe, lemon, and mint are combining in a way that's making this not really sweet or foodie. I love the bourbon vanilla in Gypsy moth, so I had high hopes for this, but Knockout Drops falls kinda flat on my skin. It's a lot like baby powder with sharp lemon and a hint of something strange and slightly green smelling that must be the absinthe. It's not unpleasant at all, but it's not what I was expecting, and it probably isn't something that I'd wear all that much.

Knockout Drops isn't really sweet enough for me, and goes a bit too powdery on my skin. It's light, subtle, and clean-ish.

A dribble of absinthe? I smell more than a dribble. With lemon and absinthe in this, this is a very sweet sour scent. Very bright and bold. But the vanilla and chocolate in it smooth it out underneath so it's not one of those MY EYEBALLS ARE BURNING sorts of scents. It's not that bold.

Cute and happy, and unusual. I like this. I don't know how often I'd wear it, but I really do like it.

This smells like a slightly minty, cooling, lemony drink. No white chocolate in this one...just absinthe and mint with a hint of lemon candy? :think: It's lovely...but not really a me scent.

This was a lot less sweet than I expected!

The white mint really stood out here, and while it's a note I like, I prefer it to be a little less prominent. The primary overtones of this one on my skin were herbal/citrus, with kind of a creamy base keeping it from getting too sharp. It's not quite what I expected, and it's interesting, but less foody and vanilla than I had hoped. Ultimately it's not a very me scent, but it's definitely unique and light. Pretty low throw, and I expected to be gone on my skin relatively quickly, but it's managed to linger a bit longer than I thought it would.

I smell a lot more than a dribble of absinthe in Knockout Drops--on my skin that note dominates this blend. There's a hint of lemon and mint too (I see I'm not the only one thinking this smells a bit like a mojito!) and a creaminess deep down from the vanilla and white chocolate...but thanks to the absinthe and lemon this is more of a herbal blend than a foody one. It's softening more and more the longer I wear it. Nice, but I'm not a huge fan of the Lab's absinthe note on me because it amps so much. If you like that note you will LOVE this!

Wet I get a lot of lemon meringue, but as this dries down the lemony stuff fades to just a trace and lots of lovely clouds of vanilla and white chocolate come out to play, dotted with hints of mint and absinthe. Thi isn't an overpowering absinthe scent like Absinthe; there's just a trace of it to hint at somehting sinister but it's mostly lovely creamy vanilla and white chocolate on me. :yum: