Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thyrra

I want a BPAL that smells like Philosophy... fill in the blank

Hey all you wise BPALers-

I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for what fragrances are similar to or would compliment some philosophy scents? I tend to wear these to work, because they are yummy, but light and not likely to offend clients or co-workers. But I really want to be an all BPAL girl.

The scents I'm thinking of:

Amazing Grace: it's floral with a bit of musk. I've heard that it is similar to Veil. Any other advice?

Falling in Love: sweet, with a blackberry musk touch, but not syrupy sweet.

Thank you in advance for any wisdom you can offer me!

:P

Hey all you wise BPALers-

I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for what fragrances are similar to or would compliment some philosophy scents?  I tend to wear these to work, because they are yummy, but light and not likely to offend clients or co-workers.  But I really want to be an all BPAL girl.

The scents I'm thinking of:

Amazing Grace:  it's floral with a bit of musk.  I've heard that it is similar to Veil.  Any other advice?

Falling in Love:  sweet, with a blackberry musk touch, but not syrupy sweet.

Thank you in advance for any wisdom you can offer me!

:P

I think Bewitched would complement Falling in Love nicely, although I wouldn't say it's similar in a dupe kinda way.

Hmm. I am new to BPAL, but of what I've sniffed so far, there aren't a lot scents similar to Amazing Grace or Falling in Love. However, there are a few that are in the same vein -- light, kind of foody, sweet. I think Dana O'Shee would layer well with Falling in Love. It's sweet and vanillic. And Sudha Segara is in the same vein as Amazing Grace...SS has a citrusy, fresh, musky skin-scent sort of feel.

I did not find Veil at all similar to any philosophy scent. Veil, on me, was almost all violets. YMMV, of course.

I always thought Pele was like Amazing Grace. :P

I think Bewitched would complement Falling in Love nicely, although I wouldn't say it's similar in a dupe kinda way.

Thanks! I don't really want a dupe - I can't imagine Beth's creations ever smelling just like someone elses. I'm hoping for something in the same vein or complimentary, so Bewitched is going on my list.

And, heck, the name is awesome!

Hmm. I am new to BPAL, but of what I've sniffed so far, there aren't a lot scents similar to Amazing Grace or Falling in Love.  However, there are a few that are in the same vein -- light, kind of foody, sweet. I think Dana O'Shee would layer well with Falling in Love. It's sweet and vanillic. And Sudha Segara is in the same vein as Amazing Grace...SS has a citrusy, fresh, musky skin-scent sort of feel.

I did not find Veil at all similar to any philosophy scent. Veil, on me, was almost all violets. YMMV, of course.

It always amazes me how different people's sense of smell is... to me, FIL is very light and clean and sweet, and Dana O'Shee is warm and foody and sweet - not similar at all. As you say, YMMV. But I think I'll try them layered anyway and see what I come up with....

Thanks for the suggestion!

I always thought Pele was like Amazing Grace.  :P

....off to add Pele to list of scents that must be sampled...

Thanks!

I've done some preliminary searches, but only found dupes for "Amazing Grace" and "Pure Grace" and "Falling in Love". I wear Baby Grace quite often, and would love a dupe, or something very similar.

The notes are listed on one site as, "Poppy, Green Accord, Pink Mimosa, Pepper, Creamy White Woods and musk", and on another as, "Poppy, Pink Mimosa, White Musk". I'm guessing those three are the predominant notes. Most of the other BPALs with Mimosa had tons of other florals. :P

I'd describe Baby Grace as a very unique, soft, SLIGHTLY powdery (*NOT* baby powder scented), non-floral, non-spicy, non-citrus smell, with a hint of white musk. Not quite oceanic/aquatic or too woodsy/masculine either. The closest thing I can compare it to is Dreft baby detergent, or the smell of a laundromat dulled down with a ton of musk and white woods.

Forgive my unsophisticated nose - I am new to the world of BPAL.

Does anyone own this, perchance?

It makes me think of the Doormouse: sweet, opaque, pink vanilla. I would say Eat Me, just based on the description, but to me Eat Me is spicy and dark-it dosn't smell PINK, more like spiced cooked berries.

It makes me think of the Doormouse: sweet, opaque, pink vanilla. I would say Eat Me, just based on the description, but to me Eat Me is spicy and dark-it dosn't smell PINK, more like spiced cooked berries.

Thank you for your recommendation ;)

Can anyone recommend a BPAL scent that smells similar to Crispy Marshmallow Bars and/or Classic Fudge Cake?

Edited by Corvus Corax

Boo for marshmallow. It's a Halloweenie limited edition but you can check around the sales/swaps for a decant or bottle. It does have a bit of a cotton/linen note along with the marshmallow, but I think it levels out the sweetness. Another good marshmallow perfume is White Chocolate, Coconut and Marshmallow Truffle which is also LE but harder to find.

As far as the chocolate cake, there is a lovely chocolate recommendation thread here. :D

Boo for marshmallow. It's a Halloweenie limited edition but you can check around the sales/swaps for a decant or bottle. It does have a bit of a cotton/linen note along with the marshmallow, but I think it levels out the sweetness. Another good marshmallow perfume is White Chocolate, Coconut and Marshmallow Truffle which is also LE but harder to find.

As far as the chocolate cake, there is a lovely chocolate recommendation thread here. :D

Thank you for your recommendations :D

Has anybody found something similar to Philosophy's Falling In Love?

Notes: Vanilla, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Musk, Blackberry.

Style: Fresh. Sexy. Clean.

F5 and Embalming Fluid smell exactly Be Somebody Green Tea (insert product here...shower gel, salt scrub, lotion). Not even like similar or close or anything, I mean...they are the same to me. It is uncanny.

'Tis the Voice of the Lobster seems to have a very similar blackberry to FIL, but not a dupe. I guess it would be more along the lines of Wild Blackberry Lotion.