Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rocannon

Honey and Beeswax scents

Mmmm...honey....

Sudha Segara, Jezebel, and Thaleia are some of my absolute favorites; I find Sudha the purest honey of the three. Tiger Lily is also lovely, with a very fresh, true floral note. Alice has a nice honey note that is, for lack of a better word, crystalized, and melds well with the milk and florals. O, alas, does truly disturbing things on my skin. In the more recent blends, Osun is a bright light honey blend. The imp I tried in the GC Circle Swap was almost indistinguishable from a lighter version of Honey Moon once it dried, but the one I now have from a swap is more strongly herbal. I suspect that's an aging issue. Honey ages *gloriously* if my 9-month-old bottle of Sudha Segara is any indication.

My honey faves are definitely Alice, White Rabbit, and Sed Non Satiata. I find I'm very fond of the honey-in-tea scents. Sed Non Satiata is just yummy sexy on me. One of these nights when I have free time (heh, yeah, right), I'm going to pour myself a nice Alice bubble bath and float in heaven.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Osun and Khajuraho yet. Those were all honey on me - which is bad, since it goes powdery and gross.

Also, Et Lux Fuit has a strong honey note, but it's well balanced with a lot of florals.

I agree with Khajuraho and Osun and Tiger Lily. All light, non-powdery honey scents.

O went to baby powder on me, and Honey Moon went kind of gross because of the jasmine.

I got my Carnaval Diabolique order on Thursday and Gennivre is fabulous honey! (YMMV though... my friend who was here sniffing with me said she smelled incredibly strong mint and didn't like it at all. Poor girl! :P )

Bengal's sweetness is very honey-like. And oooh, it is spicy sex.

Bengal does have a honey note and I love it so - therefore I was heartbroken when it made me break out in those infamous cinnamon welts. My first solution was to dilute some in a roller bottle, but somehow I just feel wrong about that. (I'm so weird). Then a friend frimped me Bengal and Sudha in a swap, and a light bulb went on. I mixed equal amounts of Bengal and Sudha Segara in a little roller bottle and the combo is DIVINE. It's sweet, spicy, creamy honey deliciousness.

You certainly don't have to commit to mixing up a bottle's worth, just try it layered on your skin...

Hetaire is a very nice blend where the honey note really stands out (at least on me). It has good throw too. I wore it to work once, and several hours after I'd put it on my Aunt says, "Mmmm, you smell like honey!"

:P

I love the honey note in Et Lux Fuit. Yes, it has florals too, but they are so well-blended that I don't find them obtrusive even though I'm normally a spice/resin/vanilla/honey lover.

In the new GC release category, be sure to check out Cockaigne! I have been pimping that scent all over the forum today, but it certainly has its share of honey, for all those Poo Bear hunny lovers!

So far, these are my favorite honey BPALs:

Tiger Lily (love, love, love!)

O (a musky honey)

Jezebel (very similar to O on me)

Eos (like a lighter Tiger Lily on me)

Dana O'Shee isn't the least bit honey on me; it's nothing but almond extract, as if I poured a bottle of almond oil all over me. Chemistry is funny.

From the Carnivale Diabolique series, Gennivere, L'artiste du Diable went very honey on me.

Wanted to second this and HIGHLY recommend it! Better than Thaleia (more complex) and not that different from SN Honey (on me) which of course you can't purchase.

I'll second Alice and ELF, although I'd like to add Pink Phoenix, which has a wonderful honey drydown for me, and Les Bijoux.

Delphi!!! I's one of my very favorite scents and it never gets any love. All warm honey wine and bay on me. Smells sort of like meade (which I can't stand drinking but love love sniffing!)