Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rocannon

Honey and Beeswax scents

Hello! I'm trying to find something that smells like beeswax. I've been looking at O in particular, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. Other scents I like are amber, vanilla, and rose. I've also always wanted to try jasmine. Scents I don't like are patchouli and sandalwood.

Thanks, everyone!

O is very, very sexy. You should definitely try it. You also might want to try Delphi. The honey was fairly prominent on me, though it might not be exactly what you're looking for. Hetairae is the only other honey scent I can think of that I've tried, but it has patchouli in it.

For some reason Sed Non Satiata smells of beeswax to me. Or rather, it makes me think of candles and the scent of beeswax rubbed into exotic woods to shine them, and beeswax candles burning while flesh presses upon flesh. Hot stuff.

Also, if you can get an imp of it, Luperci was heavy on the beeswax. But it was a Valentine LE so....

Some people get the honeycomb in Ex Lux Fuit, but I can't smell it.

n.

Edited by zenvodunista

There are a fair number of honey scents, and that should give a beeswax impression if the honey isn't "loud" on you. Bengal is one. Hellcat, Dana O Shee, Sudha Segera and there's a bunch of others.

Kalli

I got a very distinct beeswax note from Samhain 2004, if you can get your hands on any of that (LE, so could be difficult). Quote from my review:

What I smell is beeswax. It took me a while to identify the scent - I kept getting whiffs of honey (not the honey that's in O - a much cleaner, gentler, waxier version) when I was typing, but I didn't smell it when I pulled my wrist up to my nose. But that's what it is - a beeswax candle with an undercurrent of dried leaves and soil. This is early fall in a world before electricity.

Here's what I'm thinking of trying first:

Dana O'Shee

Sudha Segara

Jezebel

O

Athens

Delphi

You've all been very helpful. Thank you so much.

I have discovered recently that I LOVE the scent of honey. Jezebel is one of my favorite scents, BPAL or otherwise. On me, the honey dominates everything else and I love every moment of it. It's been 12 hours and I can still smell it on my wrists.

What others scents do you all recommend for those of us who like honey?

Besides Honey Moon, the scents that have been the strongest honey on me are Dana O'Shee, Hetairae, Jezebel, La Petit Mort, O, and Sudha Segara.

I find that both Thaelia and Sudha Segara end on a Happy Honey note. And no, I don't know what Happy Honey is either, that's just the best description I have:

*sniff sniff* ooooo! *bounce bounce" Happy Honey!!

Honey Moon is my complete holy grail honey scent... it's so gorgeous. I will be sad when mine is finally gone one day. But as long as I can keep slathering Hetairae, Sed N.S., and Jezebel I will be just fine.

O tends to be more vanilla than honey on me, and Sudha is sweet ginger. I adore them both (have 10 ml bottles stashed away) but because of the way they smell on me, I didn't think about them as honey scents til they were mentioned here. I never stop marveling at the different things our chemistries do to these scents!

I can second the recommendations for Hetairae. Athens smells a bit of honey too, although it's more of an aromatic honey mead and it's very green at the same time. Delphi is honey along with a bitter green note on me.

Chimera had honey on me too, although more of a milk with honey in it. It kind of reminded me of O, but a bit lighter and more cozy than dirty and sweaty :P

Tiger Lily and Thaleia are my favorite honey scents -- O was a bit too "raw" for me. I don't get any honey at all from Sudha Segara (it's all yummy ginger on me), but Chimera has a bit of a honey vibe to it.

I have to second the Jezebel rec. Although O has honey as a huge component on my skin, I really get a strong, strong honey scent from Jezebel.

Honey is my favorite note too!

Honey Moon and SN Honey, if you can find it.

Hetairae is honey and spices, and I love it. Bengal is similar too.

I really adore Thaleia, in fact plan on ordering a big bottle of it someday.

I've tried most of the others, but on me the predominant note was always something other than honey.

If you can get your hands on it, Freak Show has a nice blend of different types of smells with the honey, and I wear it on my wackier days.

And although it doesn't have honey in it, I always recommend Dorian. It's sweet and wonderful.

I can't believe no one's mentioned the sublime Queen of Sheba yet. It's like almonds drenched in crystallised honey with exotic spices all around-a golden, luxurious scent.