Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rocannon

Honey and Beeswax scents

1 hour ago, feyofthefellwood said:

Resurrecting this thread because I've been really into honey/honeycomb/beeswax scents this spring. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good honey forward scent with frankincense. I have Les Bijoux and really like it, but something with more emphasis on the honey/frankincense would be amazing. 

The one that comes first to 

mind is Petite Planchette (Tendrils of frankincense and myrrh curling around polished woods, sugared honey, and bourbon vanilla.)

I second Petite Planchette. It is a honeyed resin scent.

These sound like they could be good candidates, but they are no longer available, and I have not tried them: 

Honey, Italian Bergamot and Frankincense

The Magus

The Magus is beautiful, though I haven’t worn mine for a while. I’ll wear it again in the next day or so & update on the frank/honey experience!

What's everyone's favorite spiced honey scent?

I am in LOVE with Snakes Basking in the First Sunbeams of Spring (Snake Oil, orange blossom, wildflower honey, and cinnamon) and would love something in a similar vein!

@FuryI'm wearing Mead Moon today and loving it!  Golden mead fermented with gruit, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, ginger root, sweet-briar, lemon, orange slices, and blackberries.  It doesn't specifically say honey, but it's a very honey-forward mead.  

Edited by Lucchesa

Unrelated, but when crashing with a friend a bit back I had the opportunity to test some stuff that didn't work for me on them and let me just say.... I see why y'all love honey now, it goes odd on my skin but on them? Pure bliss. Needless to say they got a few imps 😜

7 hours ago, Fury said:

What's everyone's favorite spiced honey scent?

This might be a super obvious one, but Bengal is one of my favorite spice blends (skin musk with honey, peppers, clove, cinnamon bark and ginger.) It started out pretty dry, but with age, it's melding beautifully. I find the honey secondary to the melange of spices, but other reviews mention a more honey-forward scent. It's been way too long since I wore it, and I really need to change that!

I also like Bien Loin D'Ici (red musk, benzoin, caramel accord, golden honey, and spiced Moroccan unguents,) which might have a similar vibe to the Snake Oil with the red musk and honey. The unguents are definitely "spiced" rather than "spicy." It's a bit like a lighter tint of Scherezade + honey, and it's extremely smooth.

Bard (bay rum, honey, and white musk mingling with the scent of harp wood and lute strings and the twang of horn brass) I only smelled once as I got it as a gift for someone else. I remember the rum being fairly spiced, and mingling perfectly with the honey, but it's been a while since I smelled it.

I'll also second Mead Moon! It's spiced-honey blackberry goodness.

Edited by Rayleigh

I will second Bengal and third Mead Moon! Bengal is more dry-spicy, whereas the spice in Mead Moon is a bit more subtle. I really love Mead Moon, though, it's different from other honey scents I've tried. 

Mead Moon is a beautiful scent.   For me it's mainly a soft, powdery mead with a slight fruity undertone.  It will probably change over time.  It's like Litha's more demure cousin for me. 

I haven't found a good spicy honey blend.  I make my spicy honey blend by layering O with Luke 10:25-37.  I bet V'al HaNissim would be good layered with Luke too.  

Hey everybody, I need the hive mind to tell me about the perfect beeswax-resin scent. I was able to try some heretic recently and it is the PERFECT beeswax-resin scent, but i don't expect to track any more down any time soon. It's basically what i wanted from luperci but the honey in that is one of the few bpal honey scents that turns to plastic on me.

Any close dupes? Or just looking for any beeswaxy resiny woody dark chewy types in general

ETA bonus points if it has tobacco 🧐

Edited by DiZZysTARdust

18 minutes ago, Mountaingrrl00 said:

I'm on the lookout for honey-patchouli combos. 

Dalliance with an Amorous Bat Demon (Honeyed patchouli, sweet benzoin, smoky labdanum, and white sandalwood) from the 2020 Lupers was a nice, smooth, honeyed patchouli on me. I never tried Owl Moon from Blood Milk, but it sounds perfect for what you're looking for (Dark, rooty, sweet patchouli swirled with honey) and is available through Blood Milk's website.

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

Dalliance with an Amorous Bat Demon (Honeyed patchouli, sweet benzoin, smoky labdanum, and white sandalwood) from the 2020 Lupers was a nice, smooth, honeyed patchouli on me. I never tried Owl Moon from Blood Milk, but it sounds perfect for what you're looking for (Dark, rooty, sweet patchouli swirled with honey) and is available through Blood Milk's website.

Thanks! Those both sound promising. :-)