Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rocannon

Honey and Beeswax scents

Anyone have suggestions for scents that contain honey with musk and/or amber? That scent combination is absolutely intoxicating to me. I have Lady Una, Swift as Light, Blooming Flowers of Spring, Faun, and recently got Vagina Treasure hair gloss. I love the slight skankiness of the hair gloss.

For sure The Bride, if you can find it, I like the honey musk in it even better than Lady Una.

Another one that doesn't get as much love as it deserves is Sleeping Nymph and Satyrs Wild woods, Bulgarian rose, tolu balsam, vanilla absolute, ambergris, honey, and vanilla. The ambergris is very musky in it.

Creeper Dragon is a sexy honey and musk scent Creeper Dragon Musk: daemonorops, green leather, and red musk with dribbles of honey and white cream.

Sanguinem Menstruum is another musk/honey/beeswax fave The copper tang of blood musk, swept by a cloud of dying bees and red poppies of madness.

For a much darker honey and musk scent, I like The Cat Sleek, black, dark, and clever: benzoin, honey, cedar, and dark musk

Thank you Celestia for the recommendations! I have a few on that list that I haven't tried in a while, so I will have to take them out and re-test them! And the others I'm going to go read some reviews and see what I can find. L'Estate has been on my wishlist forever, and I recently snagged a bottle, so I'm excited to see how it smells! It sounds like we like a lot of the same scents!

You are super welcome! I can never resist answering honey/amber blend requests! Haha. I hope there's something that works for you!

I don't get much honey per se, from L'Estate but it is indeed a glorious golden blend! I was also actually super excited to read that you love Lady Una and Blooming Flowers of Spring. Lady Una is mostly honeyed tea and light musk on me, it's my favourite dominant floral-honey blend! The Bride also has honey musk as aforementioned in my post, but it's not so honey-centric like Lady Una is, it's a lot more fresh clean due to the floral (magnolia) in that blend..which is also quite dominant! I get more honey from Cave of Treasures (and it also has amber!) but that too is also quite floral-dominant, but they are indeed absolutely beautiful floral-centric honeyed blends abd worth testing. Who knows, your chemistry might go either way ... It might be all honey musk and honey/amber on you!

Since Blooming Flowers of Spring was predominantly also very honey-centric on me, I thought you might prefer more honey dominant blends :D ( without a lot of extra stuff, like red musk or tobacco, which I find can overwhelm an otherwise very honey-amber-centric blend.. but you might love them even more, hence I added some anyway. You might like to try them if they don't contain any notes you are adverse to).. but yes! I took a peek at your wishlist and we do seem to like quite a bit of the same scents :D Yayyyy! I'm going to shut up now because I could go on about honey and amber all day.

Edited by celestia

Anyone have suggestions for scents that contain honey with musk and/or amber? That scent combination is absolutely intoxicating to me. I have Lady Una, Swift as Light, Blooming Flowers of Spring, Faun, and recently got Vagina Treasure hair gloss. I love the slight skankiness of the hair gloss.

For sure The Bride, if you can find it, I like the honey musk in it even better than Lady Una.

Another one that doesn't get as much love as it deserves is Sleeping Nymph and Satyrs Wild woods, Bulgarian rose, tolu balsam, vanilla absolute, ambergris, honey, and vanilla. The ambergris is very musky in it.

Creeper Dragon is a sexy honey and musk scent Creeper Dragon Musk: daemonorops, green leather, and red musk with dribbles of honey and white cream.

Sanguinem Menstruum is another musk/honey/beeswax fave The copper tang of blood musk, swept by a cloud of dying bees and red poppies of madness.

For a much darker honey and musk scent, I like The Cat Sleek, black, dark, and clever: benzoin, honey, cedar, and dark musk

Thank you Celestia for the recommendations! I have a few on that list that I haven't tried in a while, so I will have to take them out and re-test them! And the others I'm going to go read some reviews and see what I can find. L'Estate has been on my wishlist forever, and I recently snagged a bottle, so I'm excited to see how it smells! It sounds like we like a lot of the same scents!

You are super welcome! I can never resist answering honey/amber blend requests! Haha. I hope there's something that works for you!

I don't get much honey per se, from L'Estate but it is indeed a glorious golden blend! I was also actually super excited to read that you love Lady Una and Blooming Flowers of Spring. Lady Una is mostly honeyed tea and light musk on me, it's my favourite dominant floral-honey blend! The Bride also has honey musk as aforementioned in my post, but it's not so honey-centric like Lady Una is, it's a lot more fresh clean due to the floral (magnolia) in that blend..which is also quite dominant! I get more honey from Cave of Treasures (and it also has amber!) but that too is also quite floral-dominant, but they are indeed absolutely beautiful floral-centric honeyed blends abd worth testing. Who knows, your chemistry might go either way ... It might be all honey musk and honey/amber on you!

Since Blooming Flowers of Spring was predominantly also very honey-centric on me, I thought you might prefer more honey dominant blends :D ( without a lot of extra stuff, like red musk or tobacco, which I find can overwhelm an otherwise very honey-amber-centric blend.. but you might love them even more, hence I added some anyway. You might like to try them if they don't contain any notes you are adverse to).. but yes! I took a peek at your wishlist and we do seem to like quite a bit of the same scents :D Yayyyy! I'm going to shut up now because I could go on about honey and amber all day.

Thank you both for all the recommendations! I do have The Bride, Cave of Treasures, and Sanguinem Menstrum. I love them all, but I think the florals in the first two, and the red musk in the last take over the scent. I think Celestia is right, I really love the honey dominate blends :D You guys have given me so many great suggestions! I will start hunting for some of these! Thank you!

Thank you both for all the recommendations! I do have The Bride, Cave of Treasures, and Sanguinem Menstrum. I love them all, but I think the florals in the first two, and the red musk in the last take over the scent. I think Celestia is right, I really love the honey dominate blends :D You guys have given me so many great suggestions! I will start hunting for some of these! Thank you!

In that case, armed with that knowledge for your desire to experience honey/amber and honey/light musk dominant blends, let: Blossoms in Springtime, O, Harikata, The Lights of Men's Lives, and This Wan White Humming Hive be your first hunts! :D

Let us know how you go!

In that case, armed with that knowledge for your desire to experience honey/amber and honey/light musk dominant blends, let: Blossoms in Springtime, O, Harikata, The Lights of Men's Lives, and This Wan White Humming Hive be your first hunts! :D

Let us know how you go!

Harikata sounds amazing! I have to hunt down a bottle of that! Anactoria, Sleeping Nymphs, and A Wonderful Light sound awesome as well! Definitely keeping an eye open for those! And possibly Creeper Dragon and Mrs. Bunce. I have a teeny amount of Blossoms in Springtime, so I rarely use it. So I tested it again and yep, amazing! Need more! And I should mention that I amp beeswax, so as nice as Wan White Hummingbird and Lights of Men's Lives are, they turn into beeswax single note on my skin.

Edit: I'm realizing that I have a lot more scents like this in my collection than I thought :-P

Edited by soniahgreen

Let us know how you go!

Harikata sounds amazing! I have to hunt down a bottle of that! Anactoria, Sleeping Nymphs, and A Wonderful Light sound awesome as well! Definitely keeping an eye open for those! And possibly Creeper Dragon and Mrs. Bunce. I have a teeny amount of Blossoms in Springtime, so I rarely use it. So I tested it again and yep, amazing! Need more! And I should mention that I amp beeswax, so as nice as Wan White Hummingbird and Lights of Men's Lives are, they turn into beeswax single note on my skin.

Edit: I'm realizing that I have a lot more scents like this in my collection than I thought :-P

Harikata is gorgeous, but has a really strong orchid (vanilla flower) note that drowns out the honey, at least on my skin. Still totally worth trying though.

I just got a bottle of Kypris, and it's a new honey fave - Peru balsam, vanilla bean, Rainier cherry, bitter almond, golden honey, rose water, lemon peel, sugar cane, and benzoin.

If you like a bit of spice, you might also try Bartholomaeus Anglicus’ Phoenix scorched, honeyed cedar and carob wood aflame with amber, cinnamon, and red sandalwood.

merciful freya, how I have not recommended Honeyed Apple from the 2016 Weenies?! It is the most beautiful perfumy honey I have ever smelled. Door dries down to that same honey as well on me.

Bast from American Gods would be worth trying: a desert wind alight with myrrh and golden amber, cardamom and honey, bourbon vanilla and cacao. It ended up smelling quite a bit like Morocco plus honey on me. Exotic honeyed musk.

The use of honey in the Fleurette's Purple Snails collection is pretty lovely.: seconding the recommendation of the Bride because the honey musk is gorgeous. But it's also lovely in FPS's Adante con Fantasia but an entirely different beast. It's heavier and more fuzzy . . . it's a darker honey to my nose at least.

Day of Skulls is my new fave Beeswax blend. It's a complex blend, with a lot going on, but the beeswax note is a standout. It hits this beekeeper's daughter right in the scent-memory zone. Specifically, the heady smell of a box of sheets of beeswax foundation, ready to put into frames. Don't miss this waxy treat!

Day of Skulls is my new fave Beeswax blend. It's a complex blend, with a lot going on, but the beeswax note is a standout. It hits this beekeeper's daughter right in the scent-memory zone. Specifically, the heady smell of a box of sheets of beeswax foundation, ready to put into frames. Don't miss this waxy treat!

I just read the reviews on this. I have a decant yet to test, so tomorrow it is happening!

Oooh! How tobacco-y is it? I adore beeswax but am not a big tobacco fan (it's not a chemistry thing, just a preference thing).

I love beeswax too, but something in an older Day of Skulls decant was horrible on me. I kept looking at the notes and thinking, why isn't this working? I ultimately blamed kantuta blossoms...

Oooh! How tobacco-y is it? I adore beeswax but am not a big tobacco fan (it's not a chemistry thing, just a preference thing).

The tobacco is a minor player on me, but of course ymmv.

I love beeswax too, but something in an older Day of Skulls decant was horrible on me. I kept looking at the notes and thinking, why isn't this working? I ultimately blamed kantuta blossoms...

I have only experienced 2017 Day of Skulls. The florals are strongly present at first for me.

The tobacco is a minor player on me, but of course ymmv.

I have only experienced 2017 Day of Skulls. The florals are strongly present at first for me.

The florals were very strong on me, too - like I could swear the floral is jasmine. Once it settles, it is more beeswax, woods, and light tobacco, but I really didn't like the strong floral at the beginning.

Can I get anyone's opinions on Hanerot Halalu? I passed up getting a decant of it last month because I already have Flickering Lanterns and Light of Men's Lives to satisfy my beeswax needs, but now that it's actually Hanukkah I'm having non-buyer's remorse.

This was my first year trying Hanerot Halalu and I got pretty much straight beeswax from it. I didn’t detect any olive oil, and maybe a bit of smoke, but it mostly dried down to beeswax, or a light, muted honey type scent. I don’t know whether this is good news or bad news for you. :-p

Can I get anyone's opinions on Hanerot Halalu? I passed up getting a decant of it last month because I already have Flickering Lanterns and Light of Men's Lives to satisfy my beeswax needs, but now that it's actually Hanukkah I'm having non-buyer's remorse.

I am a beeswax freak. (I also have and love Flickering Lantern and Lights of Men's Lives, but still buy any other beeswax scent I can get my paws on).

I blind-bottled HH and am really glad I did. The beeswax, on my skin, is dead even with this BEAUTIFUL olive note, that reads on me more like olive blossom than oil. It's quietly stunning. I am considering a back-up. Sorry...?

OR you could pretend I never said that, and go with this instead - It's horrible, you don't want any. :D

I am a beeswax freak. (I also have and love Flickering Lantern and Lights of Men's Lives, but still buy any other beeswax scent I can get my paws on).

I blind-bottled HH and am really glad I did. The beeswax, on my skin, is dead even with this BEAUTIFUL olive note, that reads on me more like olive blossom than oil. It's quietly stunning. I am considering a back-up. Sorry...?

OR you could pretend I never said that, and go with this instead - It's horrible, you don't want any. :D

So is the olive note here is definitely different in the one in Chanukah, Lizzie (if you have both)?

Also, did you all see reviews for Writing on the Slate? It looks pro ising for us beeswax addicts. I basically snatch up anything with that note as well. It is a note that ages well.

So is the olive note here is definitely different in the one in Chanukah, Lizzie (if you have both)?

Also, did you all see reviews for Writing on the Slate? It looks pro ising for us beeswax addicts. I basically snatch up anything with that note as well. It is a note that ages well.

I haven't tried Chanukkiyah in years. Apparently I didn't even review it, though I know from my notes I tried it. My notes say I didn't like it, but not why - I am assuming the pomegranate though, it's usually pretty terrible on me. So I couldn't say about the olive note.

The reason I thought it was more like an olive blossom note was my recent purchase of My Little Themysciran Princess - there's a gorgeous note in there that I think is the olive blossom, and HH reminded me of that mixed with beeswax. I didn't do a side by side though, so I could be crazy. :D

Well, Lizzie, if it is an olive flower(=osmanthus) you are smelling, I can't think of anything more incredible than beeswax and osmanthus...mmmm!(Ah, my bottle of Themysciran Priness got lost in the post...I bought it specifically for that note.)

More on beeswax...I just pulled Gambols of Ghosts and Wan White Humming Hive out from last year's Weenies. Good grief, they are beautiful! BPAL beeswax notes may get the prize for amazing aging!

Additional honey favourites from 2017

Audumla (possibly my favorite yet, although I like a lot of honey scents)

Honey Snowballs

Hanerot Halalu (beeswax)

I loved Hanerot Halalu. I was concerned about the olive oil, but it blends in wonderfully, and adds some richness and spirituality. (To me, HH feels like a more spiritual scent than Lights of Men's Lives or Flickering Lantern, but it's hard to write that for a recommendation, because it's so personal and varies with everyone...)

The 2018 Luper Dalliances by Candlelight reminds me a lot of Hanerot Halalu, but more honey-saucy and sexy than spiritual. In its opening, it's my current favorite beeswax-honey blend! I wish that phase lasted longer on me.

Resurrecting this thread because I've been really into honey/honeycomb/beeswax scents this spring. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good honey forward scent with frankincense. I have Les Bijoux and really like it, but something with more emphasis on the honey/frankincense would be amazing.