Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rocannon

Honey and Beeswax scents

I second Les Bijoux, Door, Dragons Milk, Lady Una, Womb Furie, and O.

You may also like Redoul Honey from Rappaccini's Garden: Apiary section.

O is not my favorite either, but I think its one of those love it or hate it scents.

Other recs:

Hetairae (golden honey, fiery patchouli, sweet fig and clove, and a blushing touch of ylang ylang). Its well blended. The patchouli isn't very prominent. Its more honey, fig, and clove on me...

Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht: (Amber, cream accord, white honey, apple blossom, skin musk, caramel, and teak.) On me: spicy honey, cream, and caramel with apple blossom draped over it.

Eve: (Apple blossom, rose, ylang ylang and golden honey) Exactly as it sounds on me. If you don't mind rose, I think you'd enjoy it!

Defututa: (Olive blossom, honey, smoky vanilla, cinnamon, jasmine, sandalwood, and champaca flower.) I really don't smell the jasmine much. Its earthy well blended and fresh + sweet. If you like the chamomile and hyssop combo on Against Idleness and Mischief, I think this would work for you.

This LE is great and you might find it on the swaps/sales page:

Blossoms in Springtime: Vanilla bean and vanilla blossom, golden honey, antiqued amber, beeswax, copal, lotus blossom, and helichrysum.

Hmmmm.. I'm having a hard time thinking of a singular scent for honey + snow. I can't speak for Candles Moon but someone else here might be able to help you. :) You may like- First Soft Snow: (Heavy drifts of snow blanketing winter's narcissus.) or Winter-Time: (Sweet, soft snow.)

Good luck! :D

From the General Cataglouge, in RPG, Good has Vanilla & Honey, and I would personally recommend Crib Girls, from the District.

Also, if you haven't already, you must get the Honey hair gloss. Now. Without hesitation. It's like dousing your whole head in honey (without the sticky gloop real honey would leave) and the scent lasts forever. It's not an overly sugary honey, not an overly floral one, but golden just right. Seriously. I put it on in the morning, it's still going strong at the end of the day. Not to mention it smooths dry ends like nothing else. It's my go-to hair miracle product. :wub2:

So many wonderful recommendations!! I am updating my wishlist right now. Thank you, everyone!

I found a honey hair gloss being sold by a member here, so I purchased it! That was a fantastic idea, Invidiana. I have long hair and use oils on it anyway, so this will be perfect for me.

Thank you again! I absolutely adore this forum. Everyone here has been so kind, generous and helpful. Collecting BPAL has become one of my new favourite hobbies, and it is largely due to the positivity that everyone here exudes. It is a very lovely forum. :wub2:

I just had to add: Osun ( ... Her ofrenda is thick with honey and herbs of love, passion and desire) is the most beautiful herbal honey on me, perfect for summer. It is like liquid gold bottled in a scent. I can't wear O, but this one more than makes up for it.

Tzi

A couple of LE's to try if you can find them are AE Aegypti (Five honeys with vanilla orchid, gardenia, dragon's blood resin, gingergrass, and turmeric) and AE Albopictus (Saffron, pimento, cardamom, beeswax, cajeput, tomato leaf, geranium, and pink pepper honey) from last summer. Both spicy honey loveliness, though I prefer the first one as being more honey & less spice.

Edited by ReallyZeb

Oh good you got the Honey Hair Gloss. It is awesome, and such a nice gentle smell, I even put it on my puny daughter's hair.

I was also going to say that you might check out A Thought From Prospertus, in the current Lupers, it's very honey.

Can I go on about Crib Girls some more though? I think this is a way underrated honey...I just used up my bottle yesterday, must get more. It's like the perfect warm honey

scent.

And I agree with REally Zeb, who I think maybe one of my scent twins, or at least a sibling, those two are awesome. I have both and LOVE them.

Edited by stellamaris

Can I go on about Crib Girls some more though? I think this is a way underrated honey...I just used up my bottle yesterday, must get more. It's like the perfect warm honey

scent.

And I agree with REally Zeb, who I think maybe one of my scent twins, or at least a sibling, those two are awesome. I have both and LOVE them.

Ooh yes, Crib Girls is wonderful and underrated - lovely lemon honey with a little spicy kick ... my only problem is that sometimes it smells so good that I want to drink it ;)

Edited by ReallyZeb

You're in luck, because the general catalog section Rappacini's Garden has a literal sub-section dedicated to honey. My suggestion: Tobacco Honey. Dries down to dark, sexy honey.

Snow scent: Snowball Fracas. Snow + earth.

Thirding the rec for Crib Girls! It's definitely my favorite honey blend. Josie from that line (The District) is also a lovely honey, but on me it sometimes gets overpowered by the peach. Dragon's Milk is another good one, and Osun is also beautiful.

You're in luck, because the general catalog section Rappacini's Garden has a literal sub-section dedicated to honey. My suggestion: Tobacco Honey. Dries down to dark, sexy honey.

Wait... tobacco and honey? How did I miss that...?

*goes off to drool*

Door! (Golden honey, nicotiana, blue chamomile, and cistus.) I was afraid it would be too floral for me, but it's like a lovely cup of honeyed chamomile tea. A lovely, surprisingly deep, cup of well-honeyed chamomile tea.

Honey is one of my all time favorite scents!

Honey and spice:

Womb furie

Temple viper

Sed non satatiata

Pure honey and beeswax:

Ov6

Hanerot halalu

Honey and fruit:

Agape

I also like some of the non foody vanilla amber blends, they give me a honey vibe as well:)))

Hmmmm.. I'm having a hard time thinking of a singular scent for honey + snow. I can't speak for Candles Moon but someone else here might be able to help you. :) You may like- First Soft Snow: (Heavy drifts of snow blanketing winter's narcissus.) or Winter-Time: (Sweet, soft snow.)

Good luck! :D

Candles Moon is a delicious fave! I put some on just now, so I could post my reply. Sweet honey, cream, & berry. I don't smell "snow" a la Snow White. But there IS a decided coolness. Like ice cream rather than just cream. I adore it! But be sure your skin agrees with cream, because its prominent.

Wait... tobacco and honey? How did I miss that...?

*goes off to drool*

I'm totally into Horse Chestnut Honey. :wub2: Along w/ Falling Leaf Moon and Samhain, it is one of my autumn go-to scents. :)

I was quite surprised to find that one of my favourite scents is Against Idleness and Mischief! I would never have chosen this scent to try, but a lovely swapper sent a frimp of it with my package, and amazingly it has become my favourite! It turns mostly honey on my skin, with a bit of the chamomile coming through. The honey is definitely what I love about it, though.

What else should I try? I am particularly interested in finding a scent that has honey and tonka, possibly honey and spices, and perhaps even honey and apple as main notes.

Also, are there any winter scents with honey? I am still looking for the perfect "ice/snow" scent. For some unfortunate reason, The Snow Storm was horrid on me, despite its positive reviews. Nuclear Winter was too acidic, Snow White too flowery, and Dust of Snow was close but not exactly what I am looking for. I absolutely love Ondurdis but haven't been able to find a bottle. I would love to find a winter scent with pine, snow, honey and perhaps vanilla.

Thank you!! :wub2:

The sassafras strengthener is quite a bit like against idleness and mischief. I believe it also has hyssop in it. Lovely floral herbal with strong honey.