Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rocannon

Honey and Beeswax scents

Slippery Poppy Tincture smells very much like sweet golden honey on me.

White Rabbit, on the other hand, smells like sugar, sligtly wet sugar. No honey what'sover.

Just letting you guys know that I got a weird, rich honey blast form the extreme drydown of Nonae Caprotina. It was quite rich and sweet and lovely. The whole rest of t didn't smell like that though, it took a couple of hours to get there.

It's not a beat-you-over-the-head honey, but Litha '09 has the same crunchy honeycomb that appears in Mead Moon. I can't swoon enough over the white honey in The Oblation, either :thud:

Aging Les Bijoux will bring out the musk.

Lady Una has some pretty, musky honey, not white musk though, and some people (including me) like to age her to soothe down the screamy vanilla and green tea she has fresh.

Aging Les Bijoux will bring out the musk.

Lady Una has some pretty, musky honey, not white musk though, and some people (including me) like to age her to soothe down the screamy vanilla and green tea she has fresh.

Alright, I'll get some Lady Una, and let her and Les Bijoux age for a few months.

Maybe this has been asked already, i didn't go through all 20 some pages B) can anyone tell me if BPAL has a scent involving both honey and orange blossom? If not I'll probably buy a single of each and splash them on together.

Berry Moon '09 has orange blossom honey as a note. To me it's pretty well blended in and the scent is mostly a musky berry scent but it's pretty easy to find now and might be worth a shot. The description is: A golden summer musk with warm fig, orange blossom honey, sweet blueberries, and bright velvety crimson raspberries.

Black Phoenix Trading Post has a bath oil in the Wanton Voluptuousness section the Limited Editions page that is specifically honey and orange blossom. I know many forumites who use the bath oils as an after-shower moisturizer.

You might try these:

Gennivre, L’Artiste du Diable
(Carnival Diabolique) - Hyson tea leaf, pale mint, sugar cane, orange blossom, lemongrass, and honey.

Jezebel
(Ars Amatoria) - A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

Les Bijoux
(Ars Amatoria) - Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

Zarita, the Doll Girl
(Carnaval Diabolique) - Soft, yet sociopathic: white carnation, iris, orange blossom, and sugared cream.

ETA: I forgot Zarita!

Edited by Apple

"O" is an amazing honey scent on me. I know some find it too strong, and to some it smells like, er, sexy lady parts. But on me it is glorious sweet honey, not really overtly sexual at all, just really beautiful!

Detestable Putrescence smells mostly like honeyed vanilla to me. (:

It's also a lot like LUSH's Mange Too massage bar.

see I didnt think I needed it, but now? NOW? I love Mange Too, and the honey vanilla! Stupid wishlists ;)

Edited by CaudaPavonis

I just tried The Lights of Men's Lives--pure, glorious beeswax! If you love the subtle smell of a burning, unscented wax candle, this one is for you! :wub2:

Oh, and the layering possibilities!!!

Edited by LaurieB

What collection is The Lights of Men's Lives from, again?

ETA: I agree with whoever said Slippery Poppy Tincture is strong on the honey. It has a red-berry scent to it at first but dries down to this blast of honey that is the same as the honey in Hetairae, but without the deeper tones of fig and clove that Hetairae had.

Edited by odalisque

What collection is The Lights of Men's Lives from, again?

ETA: I agree with whoever said Slippery Poppy Tincture is strong on the honey. It has a red-berry scent to it at first but dries down to this blast of honey that is the same as the honey in Hetairae, but without the deeper tones of fig and clove that Hetairae had.

It's from the Marchen collection.

The light of Mens' Lives is a gorgeous Beeswax scent. It's slightly sweet with hints of smoke and straight up beeswax! :yum:

Yeah, The Light of Men's Lives is probably as close to single note beeswax as it gets.

Serious love. :heart:

oh man. now i really need to order an imp of the light's of men's lives.

i was putting it off because i was not certain how it would smell, but these rec's make it sound perfect.

Yeah, I just tried my imp of The Lights of Men's Lives and it is all honey and beeswax on me. It's really great.

Any of you folks who've tried Lights of Men's Lives and Hanerot Halalu; how do the two compare? :beg: (Ooh, and we can make it a 3-way with Hand of Glory being compared, too!)

^ Hanerot is more ummmm smoky, I would say, and it has this orangey hint in it. I think it's the 'olive oil' component. Lights is more vanilla-like to me and more honey-sweet. It has less of that smoke component.

Thanks so much for your input! I'm really excited that I have Lights of Men's Lives on the way to me from the lab. :D I love Hanerot, but I'm also a huge vanilla-whore so I bet LoML will be awesome!