Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rocannon

Honey and Beeswax scents

Uruk smells like warm honey to me. Perfect for honey lovers, but it was just TOO much honey for me.

Mmm, must try that one. :P

All of these have already been mentioned, but none of them get enough love in my opinion -

Osun - pure honey sweetness, what I had wanted Honey Moon to be.

Skuld - rich dark honey with an undercurrent of muskiness.

Thaliea - fruity honey, absolutely sublime.

Oh, and as someone else mentioned, Luperci is much less dark and animalistic than the description would suggest and definitely has a honey undercurrent going on there.

There are a lot of honey scents in the Lupercalias, actually - The Oblation is blackberry shot with lavender and honey...and several others have honey as a base of the blend.

Honey lovers unite! :D

Svadhinaopatika, Ashtanyika: Faces of the Heroine 2007 !!! This is major. MAJOR honeyed sex in bottle. Check out the limited edition reviews. I described as it "honey with a dangerous curve." It morphs, morphs, morphs again, and it lasts.

^I bought a bottle of that because I couldn't wait for my decant to arrive. I was sad. :P The honey doesn't really show up on me.

Bilquis from the Carousel collection! It's so wonderful! To me it's like Honey Moon + eden + The Hesperides!

The Oblation. VERY strong honey...at least on me, it's very intense, with a little tart kick from the blackberry.

Oddly, I get hardly any honey from Svadhinaopatika, when I wear it. Just the sweetness but not noticeable honey.

Edited by sofaking6

Act II: Fiat Nox Gennivre, L'artiste Du Diable: The scarlet woman turns her gleaming sightless eyes towards you and, in a husky, compelling voice, she speaks: “Why let the years tear at your youthful splendor? Why let the mark of your sins stain your fine features? Will you let the cold, creeping grasp of time and the toil of temptation mar your visage? Why should the pleasures of our flesh wreak such havoc?” She looks upon you with sightless eyes and whispers, “Let me capture your soul on this canvas in oil and blood, and you will be beautiful forever.” Hyson tea leaf, pale mint, sugar cane, orange blossom, lemongrass, and honey. This is one of my favorite of scents, the honey is very light, blending in with the mint and tea. For once the lemongrass isn't overpowering.

Act III: The 13-in-1 Faiza, The Black Mamba: A sensual blend of twisting, exotic, serpentine oils: black amber, caraway, oakmoss, green sandalwood, bergamot, jasmine sambac, gardenia, orange pulp, vanilla, blackberry, black musk, white honey, ti leaf, and ginger. The jasmine and gardenia are overpowering at first, but this dries into a nice vanilla musk and honey.

American Gods Bilquis: Honey, myrrh, lily of the valley, rose otto, fig leaf, almond, ambrette, red apple, and warm musk. Nice honey if you can stand the almond

Bewitching Brews

Blood Kiss: Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk. I love this but I didn't know it had honey in it, especially over the clove, wine, cherry and vetiver. It does sweeten it a bit. Not really what you want if you are looking for pure honey notes.

Bewitching Brews Dana O'shee: In Irish folklore the Dana O'Shee are a fae, elven people that live in a realm of beauty, their nobility akin to our that own Age of Chivalry, eternally beautiful and eternally young. They surround themselves with the pleasures of the Arts, they live for the hunt, and to this day can be seen riding in procession through the Irish countryside at twilight, led by their King and Queen. However, the Dana O'Shee are not benevolent creatures, despite what their unearthly beauty may imply. They are vengeful and treacherous and possess a streak of mischievous malice, and many have whispered that their true home lies deep in the shadowed groves of the Realm of the Dead. Hearing even a single chord of their otherworldly music leaves one stunned and lost to the mortal realms for ever, finding themselves prey to the Dana O'Shee's hunt or enslaved in their Court as servants or playthings. Offerings of milk, honey and sweet grains were made to placate these creatures, and it is that the basis of the scent created in their name. I get lots of honey with this, mixed with a grain note that smells like dough or pastries. This is wonderful. I don't really smell much milk in this one.

Bewitching Brews Sudha Segara: Named after the primordial ocean of milk where Lord Vishnu reclines upon the thousand-headed Naga. Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia. This is really nice, the ginger and milk complement the honey beautifully. The ginger isn't too sharp or "hot."

Diabolus Hellcat: A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond. I love this! Not too boozey, not too rummy either. Its not pure honey, but it is pure goodness.

Diabolus Horreur Sympathique: The perfume of a hellbound soul, gleefully lost to iniquity: blood musk, golden honey, thick black wine, champagne grapes, tobacco flower, plum blossom, tonka bean, oakmoss, carnation, benzoin, opoponax, and sugar cane. To be honest, I am not sure how you could smell the honey in this with all of the other notes...

Excolo Eve: The spirit of temptation, the essence of lost innocence. Apple blossom, rose, ylang ylang and golden honey. Honey with sweet fruit and soft florals. The ylang ylang is not cloying as it can be.

Excolo Kali:i Kali, the Black One, is the fearless Goddess of Destruction, Creation, Energy [in her Shakti aspect] and Dissolution. Also named Kaliratri [black Night] and Kalikamata [black Earth-Mother], she is the fiercest aspect of Devi, the supreme mother goddess. Kali is a protector Goddess, the destroyer of evil spirits and guardian of the faithful. She, along with her consort Shiva, represent the unending cycle of death and birth, sexual union, creation and destruction. Kali annihilates ignorance, maintains the natural order of the world, and blesses those who strive for spiritual awareness and knowledge of true holiness with infinite tenderness and motherly love. The constant, unending Work of Creation is called the "The Play of Kali". This perfume is a blend of the sacred blooms of cassia, hibiscus, musk rose, Himalayan wild tulip, lotus and osmanthus swirled with offertory dark chocolate, red wine, tobacco, balsam and honey. The rose, chocolate and wine overpower the honey, which is present only as a sweet, rich base. A great blend, though, just not the first one I think of when looking for hoeny.

Exhibition I And There Was A Great Cry In Egypt And There Was A Great Cry In Egypt, Arthur Hacker: Dark myrrh, white sandalwood, amber, hyssop, frankincense, honey, cypress, red musk, cardamom and saffron. The honey really stands out in this one which I love!

Exhibition I The Death Of Sardanapal The Death of Sardanapal, Eugene Delacroix: Red wine, gurjum balsam, dark myrrh, honey, cassia, lemongrass, palmarosa, elemi, cognac and olibanum. I really can't distinguish the honey in this, the other notes dominate, but it is lovely and complex.

Exhibition I The Penitent Magdalen Immortelle, lily of the valley, gaiac, amber, honey, white sandalwood, almond flower, blonde musk and hyssop. This one is a beautiful, feminine honey blend with very soft florals deepened with sandalwood. The drydown is exqusisite.

Exhibition II Cupid Complaining To Venus Lucas Cranach the Elder:. Apple blossom, fig, white peach, honey absolute, red sandalwood, and wild thyme. I haven't tried this one yet, regretably. It looks like it would be a honey lover's dream, if you don't mind the fruit notes...

Exhibition II Itasô Kansei Nenkan Jorô No Fûzoku Wada hori Yû:. Osmanthus, white honey, ti leaf, hibiscus, and sugar cane. This is a very nice sweet tea and honey blend with an Asian twist.

Exhibition III Cleopatra Testing Poisons On Those Condemned To Death Alexandre Cabanel.:

Accords of peach kernel, hemlock, aconite, and belladonna, with bitter almond, saffron, honey, myrrh, hyssop, frankincense, and palm. I can't really smell the honey in this one, but with all of the other beautiful notes, it adds to the complexity and subtle sweetness that's not too foody. I have heard it compared to Underpants. I don't know if I agree, but this blend is quite delicious!

Exhibition III Spirit Of The Komachi Cherry Tree Yoshitoshi.:

Cherry blossom, blue lilac, lavender monofloral honey, white sandalwood, and Asian pear. I can't smell the honey in this over the cherry blossoms but it is a nice, feminine blend.

La Fée Verte A variant on the absinthe theme. Sugared wormwood, hyssop and melissa with calamus, angelica and Dittany of Crete,lended with aohemian perfume of vanilla musk, honey absolute and Moroccan spices. Unfortunately, I have never had the oportunity to smell this. It sounds heavenly, but I doubt the honey note would dominate with the Moroccan spices and vanilla musk.

Love Potions Bien Loin D'ici: This is the house, the sacred box, Where, always draped in languorous frocks, And always at home if someone knocks, One elbow into the pillow pressed, She lies, and lazily fans her breast, While fountains weep their soulfullest: This is the chamber of Dorothy. — Fountain and breeze for her alone Sob in that soothing undertone. Was ever so spoiled a harlot known? With odorous oils and rosemary, Benzoin and every unguent grown, Her skin is rubbed most delicately. — The flowers are faint with ecstasy. The Scarlet Woman, aglow with sensual indolence: red musk, benzoin, caramel accord, golden honey, and spiced Moroccan unguents. This blend does not work on me, maybe its the unguents? The honey is a prominent note, however.

Love Potions Hetairae: The sublimely beautiful, fiercely independent, impeccably cultured, fascinatingly worldly and witty courtesans of ancient Greece. A seductive and dazzling blend of golden honey, fiery patchouli, sweet fig and clove, and a blushing touch of ylang ylang. This is lovely, if you don't mind patchouli, which is actually subdued in this blend. Again, the ylang ylang is pleasantly NOT cloying. The fig is mellow and not too fruity. As honey blends go, this one is delicious, although the honey is not the dominant note, it is prominent and complemented by the fruit and florals.

Love Potions Jezebel: Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today's upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood. This is a feminine, sexy blend with honey complemented deliciously by the orange and rose--which thankfully don't go soapy on me. You will smell good enough to eat.

Love Potions Les Bijoux: Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, frankincense and myrrh. I smell mostly honey with this, the other notes are subdued, save the neroli which is always a fave of mine. Undoubtedly, this blend is my favorite of the BPAL honey blends. Sublime, yet sexy and femme!

Love Potions O: The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla. In a word, YUM. Likely the most popular honey blend of BPAL land.

Love Potions Sed Non Satiata: A pounding heartbeat coalesced into scent: demonic passion and brutal sexuality manifested through myrrh, red patchouli, cognac, honey, and tuberose and geranium in a breathy, panting veil over the darkest body musk. For me at least, the florals and cognac are subdued enough in this to allow the honey note to be appreciated. The musk note, much like the musk note of O, makes this "teh sex" for me.

Mad Tea Party Alice: Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot. Altough the honey is not dominant, it adds a sweet, mellow base to the rose (which isn't soapy) and the carnation (which is not too spicey) and the bergamot (which isn't too sharp.) Probably a close runner-up to O in popularity, for good reason! Beautiful and femme, not too girly or foody.

Mad Tea Party White Rabbit: Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen. I love this blend, the tea is the most noticiable note, but the honey and vanilla compliment nicely and the linen base makes it unique. Its a masterpiece, IMHO.

The Muses Thaleia: Thaleia the Flourishing is the Muse of Comedy and Pastoral Poetry, and shares the same name as one of the Gratiæ. She is a very down-to-Earth Goddess, and has a special fondness for rural folk. She wears a crown of ivy leaves and carries the Mask of Comedy and a shepherd's crook. The Blooming One is the Goddess of Comedians and inspires creativity in wit and the joy and release we have in laughter. A vivacious, dazzling, merry scent: honey, ylang ylang, apricot, ciste, blood orange and gardenia with earthy, warm tonka. I like this one, the fruit and florals compliment the honey nicely and of course I go GAGA for warm tonka as a base note. Sublime!

The Norns Skuld: Ylang ylang, honey, Egyptian and Arabian musks and labdanum. I am not sure why this one isn't more popular. The honey is a dominant note and the ylang ylang is well-beehaved.

The Orishas Ogun: Ogun's ofrenda is heavy and dark cigar tobacco, gin and juniper, melon, chili pepper and a touch of honey. The melon ruins it for me--honestly I cannot smell the honey.

The Orishas Osun: Her ofrenda is thick with honey and herbs of love, passion and desire. I like this but the florals dominate, and the honey is appreciable IMO as a base of mellow sweetness.

The Phantom Islands Cockaigne: “The weather is always mild, the wine flows freely, sex is readily available, and all people enjoy eternal youth.” The Land of Plenty, also called Luilekkerland – the Lazy, Luscious Land: milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine. The sweetcakes and milk dominate this, but you can smell the honey. This is hands down my fave foody blend of the GC.

Wanderlust Athens: A reformulation and modernization of a true Classical Greek perfume, myrrhine: voluptuous myrrh, golden honey, red wine, and sweet flowers. The honey acts as a sweet and mellow base for the sexy myrrh and heady red wine accords. Smokey and sweet is the them--the florals behave themselves in this blend. Not foody, but sweet and resinous. IF you want resin with honey--this is your blend.

Wanderlust Bengal: A sultry and unruly blend that emulates the ambient scent of the markets in ancient Bengal: skin musk with honey, peppers, clove, cinnamon bark and ginger. If you like spicey with your sweet, this is the shizzle. The honey is the dominant note, complemented with the hot spices. Its delicious! It also has great throw and wearlength!

Wanderlust Delphi The smoke of Sacred Incense of Apollo twined through laurel branches, bay, and honey wine. Similar to Athens, but with less incense and more herbal goodness. You will smell the honey and the wine. An unusual but relaxing blend. Not foody really.

Edited by marlena

Want to fourth or fifth Osun: it's sun-drenched springtime honey with the pollen-covered bees still crawling all over it. I want to shower in it and then spend the rest of the day licking my sticky body.

I also love Kali. It's more complicated, and the honey is harder to pick out, but it's an incredible swirl of chocolate and cinnamon and wine and roses and honey.

Best,

Tzi

I amp honey. Bengal is very sweet, cinnamon honey. Overly strong in the beginning. Not my favorite. O is also pure honey on me. More tolerable than Bengal for sure and lasts all day long. Alice is honey with a slight carnation, but since I amp the honey and eat the flower, it too smells just like pure honey on me. It's the lightest of the three. My favorite honey and the only one I wear in Dan'O'Shee. It's a softer, creamier honey. AFter the initial almond extra smell, which on me lasts about 2 minutes, it's comforting creamy honey. Sudha Segara was like a soapy ginger on me. No honey in it. Very light scent. Haven't tried any others because I now stay away since I know it will be the only note in the BPAL that I get.

I've got to second the recommendation of Kali. The honey in this one is reasonably subtle (although I get much more honey than wine or chocolate, unlike some other reviewers), but it lends a damp, rich sweetness to the rose that makes it seriously sexy. Awesome for people whose skin tens to turn rose OR honey into powdery yuckiness; my skin does awful things to rose, but the honey makes Kali *delicious*

I have to put in a good word for Osun as others have. It just drips of sweet honey - beautiful! :P

Cupid complaining to Venus. Yummy honey.

Her Voice--honey and green florals, almost astringent herbals. YUM

Athens and Delphi--boozey honey

Les Bijoux--HOney Yum

Hone Mone--Honeyied fruits and white chocolate

O--Sexy honey

Sed Non Satiata--Sexier honey

Sudha Segara--Gingered honey

Harikata--florals and honey

Hetairae--Balanced sweet, slightly floral, honey love

I love Blood Kiss. The honey comes out clearly on my skin. Dragon's milk also has a good dose of honey for my taste.

Kill Devil and Wezwanie/Hold are good for honey as well. Lighter than i like, but i prefer "knock you on your butt scents."

I did not care for Hony Mone. I dislike carnation and jasmine so that did not work for me. Both Milk Moons have honey but the lunar blend makes them smell likes curdled cream to me.

Yup, definitely Athens and Les Bijoux -- both dry down to honey on me in wonderfully different ways. Athens is spicy myrrh and honey, all rich and heady. Les Bijoux is a lighter, skin-scented honey that makes me think of magically clean skin that somehow sort of smells like honey on its own. I love them both.

Reviving this thread because I am obsessed with beeswax lately. Engine 93 and Ichabod Crane are fab, any other new ones that fit the bill?

Reviving this thread because I am obsessed with beeswax lately. Engine 93 and Ichabod Crane are fab, any other new ones that fit the bill?

Hanerot Halalu is getting raves from beeswax lovers... but it's not going to be available much longer!

Hanerot Halalu
(Yule 2008 Limited Edition) - Olive oil, beeswax, and smoke.

Also, Chanukkiyah from last year is lovely (but may be too sweet for some - there is a very pronounced sugar note):

Chanukkiyah
(Yule 2007 Limited Edition) - Olive oil, beeswax, glowing amber, sweet sufganiyot, pomegranate, and fig.

My nose may be mixing up some other strong scent association, but I get a lovely beeswax smell from Pulcinella & Teresina (despite no mention of beeswax or honey in the notes). Anyone else get this?

I was intrigued by the beeswax in Hand of Glory, though it didn't ultimately work on me. It was a truly different combination.

And I love Hanerot Halalu too.

(Thanks for the No. 93 Engine recommendation -- I'll look for it!)

I can not explain how much you should try O, just do it!

Some others you might like are Hellcat, Bien Loin D'Ici and maybe Blood Kiss. Alice doesn't smell strongly of beeswax or honey to me, but it's very pretty and sweet. Lady Una has a very strong honey-ish twinge too.

Hanerot Halalu is my favorite BPAL beeswax scent. I have most of the ones which have been mentioned, but HH really smells like a beeswax candle to me. I really have this obsession with the beeswax note and I have quite a few beeswax single notes from different places and HH smells just like the single note with a lovely smoothness.

I do love the beeswax. My list of beeswax scents include Hanerot Halalu, Ichabod Crane, Hand of Glory, and Luperci.

Ah, Luperci....

If my husband wasn't so scent sensitive, I'd put some of that or Hanerot Halalu on now before I go back to bed. Ah well.

I've had Hand of Glory in my scent locket for a while now -- and it's totally beeswax there. :)

Hanerot Halalu is also glorious and is be a back up bottle worthy scent for me.

Edited by TwilightEyes