Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mamma Badger

Swamp Atmosphere Spray

No description available

Dark mud with pools of still, green water. The smell of live mosses and full bodied florals are the heaviest notes in this one. It carried well, one little spritz on a sofa pillow made the whole room smell for two days. Even with the strength it wasn't overpowering even freshly sprayed.

I hope this goes to production because I wouldn't mind my living room or office smelling this way all the time. And my squirt is nearly empty, don't make me wait to long for a new fix.

This is lovely! I was scared because I thought it would smell dirty and mucky like a swamp... but in reality it is a gorgeous aquatic with clean green notes. There is a bit of a dark dirt note, but it is embedded very deep in the scent as a base, and the other notes swim around it giving it a brighter feel. There is a bit of a floral note that adds to the "clean" feel and adds just the sharpness this scent needs to make it so well balanced. I actually think it has a bit of an elegant feel and I'd love for my living room to smell like this all the time! Wish it was available to purchase!

I wanted to try this since I saw the name. I love swampy things and aquatic notes, so I had high hopes for this. And it delivers! It's a bit more sweet than I expected, but that makes it more accessible. I'd love this even if it was more aquatic and green and less floral, but I love it how it is now, too! :D

eta: after some intense huffing of this stuff last night (after spraying, ofc) I've definitely noticed 'something darker' underneath all the sweet. Like... a murky shadow just under the water of the swamp waiting to jump out and drag you in. >)

Edited by gniwle

It is a sweet floral scent. I also get a gentle green loam kinda thing going on in the background. Aquatic but not in your face about it. And an almost 'clean' dirt note in the background, mixing with the loam? I dunno how dirt can be clean but it is. I love it!

Before spraying: green powder

Initial spray: super-unripe green tomato

After drying: sweeter greenery

In conclusion: I was unsure about trying a room spray called "Swamp," thinking it would be stagnant water and rotting plants. This is a springy green, though, really refreshing. Like Disneyland's version of a swamp, clean and meticulously maintained.

Traveling by fan boat over narrow aquatic paths, the swamp water is stirred, spraying and splashing into the air. The water-way becomes a tunnel, enclosed by green mangrove vines that strangle out any rays of light. The deeper into the swamp the boat travels, the more flowers start to appear, until coming upon a cul de sac of the most full and fragrant blossoms on BPAL's entire plane of existence. Think I'll stop and rest here a while...

Edited by *butterflybynight*

Hmm, I thought I had reviewed this....guess not!

I grew up next to a swamp and spent maaaany, many hours playing in there by myself. Its part of the reason why I have such reverence for the natural world and why I had high hopes of what this would smell like. I was thinking more along the lines of Villainess Grundy or Death Cap- something wet, heavy, earthy, and a slight hint of decay. But, I was surprised to smell a lightness- very white floral with a hint of aquatic notes. Those two things are definitely not good friends of mine; its a pretty scent but not what I was imagining....

A clean, powdery fresh floral scent. A hint of carnation? This is very pretty and I like it a lot. "Green powder" is a very accurate description!

Edited to add: The first moment is a glorious burst of a gorgeous sweet flower, perhaps dawn jasmine. It fades all too soon and the carnation-like spicy floral takes over. I would give anything to make those first few seconds last forever! I really am not much of a carnation lover, though.

Edited by AEris

I was expecting a mossy sort of green aquatic from the name, but this is heavily floral to me. It smells like sharp, perfumey white floral with a soapy aquatic edge. It actually starts to give me a headache after a while (reminds me of the Coney Island Creek spray). I find it to be very sharp and heavy. I wish I were getting the greenery and earth notes that others have mentioned.

I got a free sample of this in an Ebay win; thanks Puddin!

Swamp is a really fresh green floral, with a hint of moss in the background. It reminds me of my grandparents' cottage on Lake Huron where I spent my childhood summers. At first, it's very aquatic, but very fresh. There's not a trace of salt in here. After a minute or so, the florals come out to play. Like some others, I get a faint whiff of jasmine and carnation; it's so lovely and unexpected mixed with the greenery. Nostalgia aside, I love this.

I first noticed the pleasant scent of rich earth. Then moss, ozone, and an acidic tang that's almost citrusy, but isn't any citrus fruit that I recognize. It's probably the same note that someone else called unripe green tomato - I can relate to that. I didn't get the sweetness or florals that some reviewers have mentioned. I could see that carnations might be in this, with their atypical spicy scent. Or something like gerbera daisies. But to my nose (or perhaps in my batch), no traditional, sweet, feminine-type florals.

It's interesting, unusual, clean, green, and is a non-foody air freshener that would appeal to men (as well as women.) In my bathroom, where most surfaces are hard (such as tiles), it didn't last long in the air as a distinct scent, but it did leave behind an ionized-air kind of freshness. In my car, with mostly fabric surfaces and a warmer temperature, I could still smell it two days later. I would buy a bottle of this if it was available. It might last longer if I sprayed it more lavishly - I had to be more frugal with just a sample amount.

My rating: 4 stars

ETA: Thank you for the sample, BPTP!

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

This one is a dark, swampy aquatic with hints of white floral. It has some jasmine, and aquatics and there's a hint of dirt and dust to it as well.

It makes me think of the BPAL version of Bayou combined with New Orleans.

Too overtly floral for my tastes, but it totally makes me think of the South in the summer. Heady, watery florals.

Jasmine, mint, moss, a hint of dirt, maybe a tiny bit of musk. It actually smells like bath products to me, or high quality cleaning products. I dont personally get a "soapy" feel from it, just that it reminds me of those because it's so fresh and clean smelling. This would be great in a bathroom, like sprayed on the towels I think.

This was an early favorite of mine and I still love it. I hoard my little Goblin Squirts, and I hope it gets released into the GC some day.

I took a swamp tour down in Louisiana once, and this stuff takes me right back there. Spanish moss hanging off the cypress trees, jasmine, gators, and a go-cup full of Hurricane.

Good times.

:wub2: