Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
pekeana

Helping Hand

A very warm, positive blend. This oil brings happiness and harmony to a rocky relationship and grants peace of mind. Use only at night, in conjunction with the powder and incense bearing the same name, on white and pink candles.

That sort of boozy mint that might be pennyroya that smooths into a soft powdery scent with a little bit of bitterness. I lacked the incense and powder but I did try this at night during meditation and it helped soothe my mood enough to ward off a potential nasty fight with the boyfriend. Nice and helpful :P Edited by Shollin

Not having access to the powder and incense in question, or to white and pink candles, I couldn't use this properly. But I did try it on at night.

First sniff: Sweet, green, herbal mint.

Wearing: This is almost crème de menthe-y on my skin. It’s a gorgeous sweet mint with a hint of darkness underneath.

I liked the way it smelled (would wok better for me in a scent locket)..but I am not sure if it helped me at all...

The night I tried it...My 6 month old fell and bumped her head I was in the hospital most of the night also alot of other not so great things happened. But he cat scan came back clear so I don't know...maybe it could have been worse??

I think I am just jinx...I am a little scared to try it again.

Scent-wise, this started off like eating Thin Mints in an herb shop, sort of murky and vaguely medicinal. It made me a little queasy to have that very earthy mint, which is probably pennyroyal like people suggest.

Later...well, I can't pinpoint vertiver, so maybe that was it, but I swear this smells like straight-up geranium. Eventually a more boozy, tobacco-like note took over, but I still smell geraniums underneath. It's a dark color, and incredibly strong -- I put the tiniest drop on my wrist and managed to spread that to both my wrists and my neck pulse-points while still smelling it for hours, and I'm normally a slatherer.

Magic-wise, I didn't do any ritual activities, but I did put this one when I was expecting a crappy day. My classes all covered just the little bit of reading I'd done and didn't go any farther (anyone in law school knows what a blessing that is), it was another unseasonably warm February day, and so far nothing really bad has happened yet. I also felt a little calmer and more confident, and everything has been a little more pleasant than usual, I suppose. I'd have to give this a trial run in a really difficult situation, I guess.

EDIT: And then at the end of the day I found out that all of my Con Law classes for the week had been canceled, due to a family emergency for my favorite professor. I'm ashamed to say I'm relieved, becacuse that will give me four free afternoons and time to catch up on last week's reading, but I'm also feeling a little weird. What was that someone said about "be careful what you wish for..." with this oil? :yikes:

Edited by sophia_helix

I opened the bottle only to take a sniff (not to do any ritual work), and accidentally got some on the tip of my nose. Very minty with some sweet creamy notes that remind me of chocolate, but not quite. I had to spend the day going to the hardware store and fixing our sink, which all went very smoothly. After a few hours, the mint mellowed out to a more herby scent, but there was still a hint of the mint present. Very nice - I look forward to trying this properly with the candles at night.

Helping Hand - Lately, every time I reach into my tub-o-TALs to find the one I want, Helping Hand always gets pulled out first. After the first dozen or so times this happened, I realized that maybe it's a sign that it's time to give it a try. Well, anyone who knows what's been going on in my life lately knows that I desperately need some "peace of mind". I put a dab on my crown chakra and my third eye and my heart chakra. (I also dabbed a tiny bit on the back of my hands for the sole purpose of making sure I can tell what it smells like.) First, the scent review: it opens up very strong and minty with something warm and golden beneath it, like possibly amber. Within the first couple of minutes, the mint completely disappears, and what is left is a warm, golden, and creamy scent of amber with a thin ribbon of creamy vanilla running through it. It reminds me in some ways of TAL Lionheart and the discontinued Vo odoo blend Crucible of Courage (not the TAL), but it's definitely not a replica of either. I also smell something slightly spicy in the background, but it's so faint that I can't discern the note. I soon realize it's not spice, but vetiver in the background, and as it dries on my skin, the vetiver becomes the dominant note, but it doesn't smell icky like vetiver usually does on me. It's gorgeous. I know it's not supposed to be worn for perfume purposes, but damn if I'm not going to be tempted! The vetiver over the creamy, warm, golden scent of amber is just way too beautiful. Now, for a utility review: this TAL does its job. I feel so incredibly calm today and during a phone call this morning that could have been extremely overwhelming and stressful, it went smoothly, and my reactions to (yet more) bad news was level-headed and optimistic. I am finding that I just feel really good today despite the crap I'm having to deal with on so many levels. I highly recommend Helping Hand. It works and I'll be reaching for it again in the near future, I'm sure.

Ooooh, what a wonderful blend. :P I got SUCH a good feeling just holding the bottle, before I even opened it! The scent itself is very comforting to me - in the bottle I can smell the mint mixed with chocolate ( :D ), and on my skin what I think is tobacco. There also seems to be some patchouli leaf, and other herbs and spices I could never identify. On drydown the vetiver becomes prominent. Vetiver and I don't get along too well, except in this blend. It's soft and lovely. I'm glad it has a strong mint note. Mint is very analgesic and clears my sinuses. I've actually taken to dabbing a bit of Lick Me on my temples before bed, and when I get headachy. I like this mint more for that purpose. It's an herbal mint, sort of like how lavender is an herbal floral, if that makes any sense.

I applied Helping Hand right before bed, concentrating upon the specific intent of it. When my husband kissed me goodnight, he told me I smelled good. This NEVER happens! :) Bonus points! I slept like the proverbial log. When I awoke, wonder of wonders! I had a great day with a friend who has been very difficult to get along with lately. I was also in a happy, loving mood all day - another first in quite a while! It was delightful.

I'll be using this blend nightly, dabbed on my third eye and heart chakra. I'm so grateful the Lab makes oils like this! :D Thank you!

Scent: This is a pretty, creamy mint. Underneath the mint I detect something that reminds me of something nutty, and something like dry chocolate. It's lovely.

Use: This sat in my TAL box for quite awhile because of the stated use with incense and powder, which I do not have. Eventually I chose to anoint a few of my chakras with it. I find it useful for facing difficult tasks which are inducing a lot of stress and worry. I find that I feel more calm and peaceful with Helping Hand, and less likely to spout off or get worked up.

Scentwise, this is a very beautiful smokey tobacco and something mysteriously incense-y. I would not be surprised if this had spikenard in it. I'm not saying it does. But someone let me smell spikenard once, and this reminds me of that smell. I put some on my neck and wrists with intent. At first I was overcome with the wonderfulness of that fragrance, then about an hour later it smelled a little weird for a few minutes, then it smelled good again.

I want a puppy really bad. And my husband does not want another pet. I am quickly becoming obsessed with a particular breed of dog. I really need a dog and I am desperate to change his mind.

I then baked some chocolate chip cookies, and as they were baking, I anointed a white candle and told it about how I want a puppy. I lit the candle and finished making the cookies.

When my husband got home, he was thrilled to see several sheets of perfectly formed chocolate chip cookies. He hugged and kissed me, and said I smelled like vanilla. He asked me if I rubbed cookie dough on my neck. This is particularly funny, because usually when I wear a vanilla bpal, he complains. Most of the few fragrances he has complimented me on have been TALs. He likes the smell of Helping Hand, and this makes me think I need a bottle.

Later last night he said I had been quiet the past few days and asked how I was doing. Then we had the dog talk again. But this time he gave me his specific objections and I was able to reassure him. He said that he would think about it. In the meantime, I know what I need to do to convince him and he isn't frustrated with me.

Needless to say, I am about to make a TAL order and Helping Hand is on my list. :wub2: