Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sunshinedaisybliss

Sojourn Down the Midway Atmosphere Spray

No description available

I received a sample squirt of this in my BPTP Lupercalia order - thanks, Puddin' and goblins! :joy:

If/when this gets released, I think it's going to shoot right to the top of many people's Best BPTP Spray Ever list.

Because I have no notes to go on.. I'll just try and describe the smell. It's kind of foodie, but not obviously so - it reminds me of Cake Smash, but it's not as cake-y or sweet. At first I thought I could smell strawberry, but after the spray settled a bit it became more bubblegum-like. And a little bit later, it smelled like pink cotton-candy - so there's definitely a 'pink' vibe to it. But that's not all.. there's also something dry and slightly sweet in a musky kind of way in there - funnel cake, perhaps? Definitely something like cake, but not quite like cake (which I realise makes no sense but hopefully you get what I mean!). And maybe a hint of chocolate and vanilla, I'm not sure. Nothing spicy that I can detect.

When I walk into the room 10 minutes later, there's only a faint hint of the spray in the air - so this isn't super strong like some other BPTP sprays I have - but what it leaves is a gorgeous clean, slightly sweet and yummy smell that just has a 'feel good' quality to it.

Daisy nailed it; this stuff is like evil cotton candy. There is plenty of cotton candy/vanilla goodness but with something musky beneath, which makes me think of wandering down a midway at night. Something just made me think of night air on the midway as opposed to daytime. It's so lovely I'm hoarding the little I have only for times that I'm desperate for it and am positively begging and pleading for some iteration of this amazing stuff to be released!

Edited by Invidiana

i would buy this in an instant. the fruit in this is dark and tart - could be blackberry, pomegranate, lingonberry - the other component could be a crepe or a waffle or the 'cake' kind of ice cream cone. with the yellow color and the stumpy bottom. in the best way this is still not foody. it is fresh and oddly kind of sexy. i wish it were stronger.

OMG WANT A BIG ONE.

Er....

:lol:

A big bottle!

Cotton Candy! Musk! Some fruit with a bit of a waffle cone background. Yummy! Smells just like walking down the midway at your local fair.

ETA: And BIG LOVE to the lady who sent me this. :wub2:

Edited by saralaughs

I have no idea what's in this, but I know what it smells like: My imp box. You know that particular scent that wafts out of your imp box when you open it, and you recognize it immediately? OK, until now, the only way I've been able to smell that scent is to be sitting right next to my imp box. It's kind of a sweet, fruity scent, but mingled in with all other kinds of stuff. Since getting a sample of this atmosphere spray, now two whole rooms of my house smell like that.

I haven't bought any atmosphere sprays because I burn tarts all the time, and that fills up my house with scent. There was one spray that tempted me... um... Erebos. I tried a sample of that and loved it, but the sprays are pricey and I didn't really have the money.

This one? Different story. I will find the money for this one. It's not just a great scent, it's one that is particularly wonderful to me because it smells like one of my favorite things in the world: my BPAL imp box.

I was expecting this to smell like Midway--super foodie like funnel cakes, taffy and cotton candy all in your face. Strangely, it's very light and airy. Faintly sweet, with a night blooming floral note. It's almost as if I'm walking towards the midway on an evening with a cool breeze blowing the smells of sweetness and night-blooming jasmine your way. Not what I expected, but yummy regardless.

Thanks to the King of Goblins for sending this to me. ;)

This smells like Midnight on the Midway (Night-blooming flowers + sugared incense) added to Midway (cotton candy sugary goodness + something faintly cake-like, like the ice cream cone others were talking about). I love it! It's not super strong or distinctive, but it gives the room a very pleasant background scent. You could spray this throughout your house, and visitors wouldn't automatically think "what is that awesome room fragrance?" Instead, they would think "The house smells nice" or even have a subconscious thought of how your house is a pleasant and comforting place to be. I have several BPTP room scents (and adore them all), but I don't think any of them are as versatile as this one.

I will be definitely getting a bottle when this is released!

I got this as a freebie with my snake oil bath oil. I spray it close to a stuff animal, so that is what I am sniffing.

Wet: Sorta like classic older perfumes but not as strong, with fruits, and some sweetness

The super dry down a day later: light florals similar to potpourri with a very faint spice

In the room: I get the sweetness as others mentioned, kind of like cotton candy and some light florals?

I feel so lucky that I got to try this unreleased scent! It was a frimp in my BPTP order.

I mostly smelled vanilla, with a nutty undertone that might be hazelnut.

After about 20 minutes, when I went back into the room, there was a light lingering scent that wasn't foody - more like musk and florals.

I like the drydown a lot, but the initial, stronger, fragrance was too foody to be one of my 5-star favorites although it is pleasant. It would be a good scent especially for the kitchen or pantry.

When I sniff the top of the used spray nozzle, I can detect vanilla, musk, and florals, in that order.

BTW, I really love the keychain-ring cap on the sample vial. I hope that BPTP will be selling these. (Pretty please?) They would be great for carrying around to banish unpleasant smells wherever I might be.

My rating: 4 stars

A million stars, seriously if this ever comes out I will be in big trouble. I got a little bit as a frimp from a forumite. I sprayed it. Then I sprayed it again, and again, and all over my bed, and .... then it was gone. =( Cue wailing and gnashing of teeth.