Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
cfrancesca

300F v1

Prototype, unreleased, no scent description.

I mostly get resins, patchouli and light herbs from this one. I find the notes to be smooth and well-blended, nothing sharp or harsh. Once dry, it kind of reminds me of heavily steeped black-tea, I wonder if there's actual black tea in here or it's coming from the resins, at times it also smells cola-like. There could be a just a bit of musk in here as well. It's an interesting scent, that's for sure! ETA: As I gave this a final farewell sniff, I also detected a hint of smokiness which I didn't get before.

Edited by cfrancesca

Dark, dry & very strange... 300F opens with a very perfumey note for me, akin to dragon's blood & musk. Once that quiets down, I can see where cfrancesca gets black tea - maybe tea & a leafy patchouli? There's a bit of smoke & spice in here, too, like ground cassia thrown on hot coals. The extended drydown is reminiscent of Lunar Eclipse & Labores Solis, shadowy & dark, bittersweet & otherwordly. I'd venture that if you enjoyed The Cracked Bell, you might like this one...

From the bottle, something in here is a little harsh and sitting just between medicinal and cologney. Also, something is very familiar, but I can't quite place it.

On me at first this is masculine, borderline cologne, but then it settles in and smooths out some. A dark and heavy scent, it's a little smoky… reminds me of Uncertain Horror, so maybe some sage. And almost certainly some patchouli. There could also possibly be tobacco? Wood of some sort? Also perhaps some kind of musk, that adds the faintest soapy note which peeps out every now and then. And finally, once settled in completely, leather. This hops around a lot on me.

This is almost good, but then it has the musk I can't wear that wants to make it soapy cologne on me, and it just teeters at that edge. Not awful, but I just don't love it. And I have too many scents I do love.

Light resins, tea and whiffs of citrus cologne and tobacco. It's got a faint trace of musk, and something that goes almost soapy on me.

This reminds me to the Committee of 300.

300F v1 smells the way black musk usually does on my skin - sharply perfumey, masculine, and woodsmokey. As it dries down, it has a bit of a soapy aftershave quality. I find this to be masculine, but too sharp for my tastes.

I was intrigued by the notes listed here though I should have been warned off by the descriptions ... but decided to live a little dangerously and bought a bottle from Etsy.

IN THE BOTTLE: Sharp and almost metallic. Deep, dark, cologney.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Maddeningly familiar with something I can't put my finger on. Still sharp and very masculine. Something ever-so-slightly plastic or even industrial but not in a bad way per se. VERY VERY clean and soapy, so maybe the "industrial" is cleaning materials. But it's not lemony pledge or anything, just very very very clean. Almost cloyingly so.

DRYDOWN: This is so strong that it makes me a little nauseated, but it's not that it's an unpleasant smell per se. It just doesn't work for me at all. And then reading the reviews again I realize that it is probably the tea that is my note of doom here. I don't get any cola and I don't really get any musk either. Just a very clean soapy cologne.

OVERALL: I have a feeling that this would smell great on a guy and would not make me queasy in that situation. But for me, it's a no-go and will appear on my updated swap list as soon as I go through my latest sniffapalooza list and do a one-time update.

On a scale of 1-5, a 2 for me.

Wet: Resin and patchouli. Naggingly like something I've tried before. Something sweet is also hanging around here as well. There could also be vetiver? It's very masculine, though still warm and inviting.

Drying: This is getting sweeter and sweeter, and very smokey. This would be right at home with the steamworks scents, and in fact seems like a cousin to Smokestack.

Dry: Eh. I feel like I have thins very similar to this that I like more. This is very sweet and a little green and just not anything special. Seeing as I have to downsize, I don't think it's sticking around.