Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
midnight_aeval

Strawberry Moon v5

Prototype, unreleased, no scent description.

SMv4 was released at Trunk Show #5 and here we have v5 released at #6! I love when different stages/versions of scents are available for us to compare and enjoy.

From the bottle at the trunk show this version screamed 'juicy' to me. I skin tested it today and it's so much more complex. It definitely has that stem/leaves/foliage quality from the strawberry plant. This invokes not an image of a strawberry, but a whole field of strawberries with an outer border of lush flowers. I found it odd to get such a dominating floral edge, but did you know the strawberry plant is part of the rose family? Perhaps this is meant to be the entire plant at all stages, from the sprouting/greenery to the budding to blooming to green fruit to final harvest of juicy red strawberries.

Very classy strawberry scent! No candy here. As time wears on it is more strawberry/vanilla/creamy. Amazing the journey the scent takes from beginning to end!

I agree with Midnight Aeval's review above.

Sniffing the bottle it is really juicy smelling, but once applied to my skin, I get more of a green herbalish scent with wafts of strawberry. There is a floral edge to it, but nothing I can specifically identify.

As it dries, I get less green and more of a soft strawberry and skin musk.

Edited by angelicruin

In the interest of total transparency, I'll say that I absolutely adored Strawberry Moon '09, but did NOT like the '05 version in the least. but based on the previous reviews, I was willing to take a chance, as this sounds closer to the one I love. Let's see how this pans out, shall we?

In the Bottle: A slightly greener, but just as juicy version of '09. so far, so good :D

Wet On Skin: Yes, I'm getting that sharp green edge for sure. It's very fresh. Not like wearing a fresh scent, but like I am actually IN the field of these lush strawberry plants. Spectacular. :wub2:

Dry Down: As angelicruin had happen, I, too, am getting a combination of soft strawberry and skin musk. It's very sweet, very gentle. I'm glad I have this now, because I know I'm going to wear this on Easter day to my family's house. It seems to be the perfect thing.

In All: Light throw, pretty, a daytime scent to be sure. This also falls into the realm of what I would call a "child's" scent: fine for us grownups, but also something I'd have no problem letting a 7 year old wear if she wanted to.

It won't replace my love of SM '09, but it's a great addition to the family

:wub2:

I get gorgeous, juicy, strawberry with some green, soft florals (dandelions?)and maybe a bit of tonka? As it settled it started to remind me of a Lush strawberry jelly I used to use, the scent is very similar but I can't remember the name. This is really beautiful and definitely my new favorite strawberry blend. :wub2:

Edited by cfrancesca

This one is definitely more like strawberry leaves than the fruit. I have to say neither version of Strawberry Moon (05 or 09) worked for me, and BPAL's strawberry note turns to plastic.

This one is about strawberry stems, strawberry leaves and the plant itself. I get a green stem, dandelion florals and a whiff of strawberry fruit. Not quite as fake as the previous Strawberry Moon prototype, or the released types but again, the strawberry note smells fake. Not plastic fake, but still fake.

Mmm.. juicy strawberry!

When I first put this one, I thought ooh this one's nice, it doesn't smell too 'fake' or candy-like.. it's actually pretty true to a real, fresh strawberry. There's a bit of muskiness behind the scenes, but mostly it's all fruit on me. It reminds me of the smell of actual strawberry fields - summer days spent picking strawberries.. and the way my hands would smell afterward when they were completely covered in smushed strawberries and juices.

But.. the longer it stays on my skin, the more green it becomes - what started off as a blast of juicy fresh strawberry changes over time to a more musky strawberry with greenery.

However.. as good as this one is, it's still not 100% 'real' strawberry to me. As far as the BPAL strawberries I've tried go, this is definitely one of the better versions, but it still has just the teensiest touch of the fake and a hint of the plastic that infiltrates the lovely fruit smell.

Very stem like and green with a sappy sweetness when first applied. It reminds me wholly of High-Strung Diasies expect with a hint of berry instead of floral. And it is berry-ish. If I had no idea of the name of this, I don't know as if I would be able to pick it out as strawberry. I mean, I may only because I do not like the smell of most other red berries and I like this but it is very light and almost like a hint of juice instead of the actual fruit. This does get more floral on me as it dries.

I like this better than Strawberry Moon '09. There is a strawberry note here, but it is present (to me) as a sweetness. This is a floral, musky, creamy strawberry rather than the in-your-face strawberry of the released blend. This certainly smells less fake to me as well, although there is a slight artificial edge. This is actually really pretty and I hope to get a lot of wear out of it.

A kind of herbally green strawberry. This doesn't smell like real strawberry for me though. More of slight hint of strawberry with a creaminess mostly. The herbal bit fads after awhile and I am left with a creamyness with a strawberry tinge. Very lovely, but definitely not for me!

-ETA- Hee hee! I just noticed the label actually reads Strawerry Moon!

Edited by Catseyes

I like this blend a lot. I find it to be very pink, sweet and girly smelling. It's like strawberry bubble gum with a very juicy, heady sort of floral note... An expensive floral perfume mixed with strawberry flavored gum so that it's sweet and playful. The floral makes me think of magnolia and gardenia, but not quite.

In the bottle it's very sweet strawberry and green herbs. On me it's a gorgeous sweet and strong strawberry with a lovely clean and herby undertone. On drydown the strawberry is less intense and there is a slight floral scent but more green than flowers.

Edited by Lilly

Ah! On my skin, this v5 Strawberry Moon is sunny strawberries in the field. I think I smell dandelions and sap and spring greens alongside the bright red berries. Maybe a little chamomile. I keep sniffing.

Dried: Sunny strawberry fields, undimmed. Gorgeous. Love.

♔ Strawberry Moon v5

In the Bottle: Fresh, tangy and a little sour fruit

Wet: Grassy fresh pinky red fruit- smells a little more like fresh apple and a light musk with either stems or some crushed grass, than the strawberries I was expecting. I get a little tang of effort coming from what I imagine should have been the strawberry.

Drydown: Sweet greenery, I get a bright pop of pink apply fruit, it’s not incredibly juicy but it’s definitely fruity and the throw is quite strong- yet it smells kind of fae, dewy and ethereal - most probably attributed to the dewy sharpness coming from the crushed grass. It's quite nice, but a little more green than I was going for.

TL;DR: Crushed grass and light pinky red apple musk, with a tang of unripe strawberry.

Needed an uplifting scent today, so I reached for my new-to-me bottle of this, which I got as a frottle in an order (yay!). In the bottle it is sweet juicy perfect ripe wild strawberries. On, wet, it bursts out with a wave of jammy sweetness and strawberry blossoms, and then settles into something much more complex and different. White floral notes start to pick up, along with a hint of crushed green grass/leaves, and the scent settles in closer to the skin as a sort of...strawberry floral skin musk? Is that even possible? It's amazing whatever it is and perfect for summer.