Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Monday

Pears - different BPAL pear scents

I don't get sparkly pear from The Vine - just pear and cream ... but I get tons of sparkle from Bon Vivant and very little strawberry so was wondering if layering the two would give sparkly pear?

Definitely try Titania, I'm wearing it now and it's a *very* lovely iced pear. I've had at least six or seven compliments on it since yesterday, so it must be more than just my opinion ;)

Just to clarify; Absolutely nothing wrong with being 40 - or 50 or 60 or 70 and so on - but I'm just about 30, and by my own standards, I want to feel roughly 30 - not 40 and not 20 :)

. . .

I'm 46 and I TOTALLY want to feel 20!! :lol:

I have The Vine on the way to me so I can't give you a review of that, but I love Endymion. It's a really nice combination of white musk, woody notes and creamy pear.

So far i have tried Thalia which smelled more of honey and beeswax on me and Marotte is a very interesting one, pear and metal? :lol: Haven't tried Titania yet because of the white musk which is a note of death for me thanks to the Body Shop's White Musk. But Bpal has a tendency to surprise, will definitely put Titania on my wishlist.

I love pear and tried Titania but I didn't get ANY pear there :( On me it was just a relatively boring, very childlike scent :(

I swear that there's some pear in Sugar Skull (a blend of five sugars, lightly dusted with candied fruits).

Many of the reviews mention raisins but I totally get pear along with a syrupy vanilla (way nicer than it sounds).

Alice's Evidence is the one with the raisins. ;)

Personally, I like Titania but only notice the pear in it sometimes.

Symmakhia (vanilla, heliotrope, red sandalwood, pear, black lily, white wine grape, and white rose) was mentioned upthread & for some reason the pear & grapes combine to smell like baked apples on me. Nice but odd if you're expecting pears.

Edited by alterosen

Resurrecting this thread!

any new additions to the BPAL Pear list?

Titania

Perilous Parlor

The Vine

Endymion

any others that are recent LE, GC or other great finds?

Ginger Skulls - it is primarily a ginger scent, but underneath the ginger is sweet, juicy, ripe pear.

Anyone got an recommendations for a fall pear scent? To give you an idea, Bath & Body Works Perfect Autumn Day:

Key Notes: Bartlett Pear , Crisp Autumn Air, Maple Toffee, Amber Woods, Fig Leaf

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I haven't tried it myself, but the older LE Marotte might be what you're looking for! Notes are: Golden pear, amber, fig leaf, oakmoss, bronze musk, mahogany, patchouli, and a smattering of glittering pyrite.

I haven't tried it myself, but the older LE Marotte might be what you're looking for! Notes are: Golden pear, amber, fig leaf, oakmoss, bronze musk, mahogany, patchouli, and a smattering of glittering pyrite.

Thanks for the rec - that sounds perfect. I am on the hunt now!

Popping in to say that pear-fans should try Bjugnakrækir! I was worried that it said "sweaty" pear lol but no need to worry in my opinion, the pear is wonderful and sweet!

I like it a lot, but the Perilous Parlor is still my favorite pear.

Edited by Nemi

Pleasant Embrace, a Shunga from last year's (2015) Lupers was lovely, but hard to find, as it went out of stock before most people could test their decants.

LA Belle au bois Dormant is beautiful and easily obtained as it is general catalog, which is easily overlooked

Popping in to say that pear-fans should try Bjugnakrækir! I was worried that it said "sweaty" pear lol but no need to worry in my opinion, the pear is wonderful and sweet!

I like it a lot, but the Perilous Parlor is still my favorite pear.

I actually like Bjugnakrækir more than Perilous Parlor, though I do perceive some sweatiness in the overall scent from the castoreum. It's a really lovely pear! My all-time favorite is The Vine. PP was too dusty on me, both versions.

I love skin chemistry. XD