Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GodivaSyndrome

Smoky, Sweet Scents?

I'll cut right to the chase.

Normally, I'm all about bright candy and fruity scents. But recently I discovered that I adore Liz, which on me is primarily smoky vanilla with just a touch of floral. So, in an effort to expand my horizons, I turn to you, O-Great-BPALers! Have any recs for good sweet, smoky scents? I tend to prefer scents that are not terribly dark, but if you have one that you think is worth mentioning in spite of this, go right on ahead!

Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing about what you guys come up with. :wub2:

Liz is lovely. I can't think of anything else just like it, but here's a few smoky sweet things off the top of my head. Maybe you've already tried some of these, but...

Mommy Fortuna is sweet floral honey on me with a veil of smoke. Might be a little dark for you, but it is definitely sweet/smoky and not too heavy.

I don't know how you feel about dragon's blood resin, but Dragon's Hide is bright red fruity sweet with a spike of smoke and leather.

Velvet is foody chocolate-vanilla, but the myrrh gives it a slightly smoky base.

I have a hard time describing Inez but it's musky/floral/smoky/sweet, and very pretty.

I shouldn't even tell you because it's so scarce but if you can ever get your hands on some Champagne and Opium, it falls directly into this category. And it's megamega sexy :)

this is an oldie, but a goodie! To Autumn is a lovely smokey sweet blend, and frankly, one of my all-time favorites.

Sara Pezzini is another one that comes to mind as well.

Paduan Killer Swarm Is a lovely woody-sweet blend that I can't recommend enough.

Enkhespalos is another LE blend that is a gorgeous blend of smokey-sweet leather.

Ebenezer Scrooge is another one that fits this category, and it's a more recent LE blend, that you'll have a better chance of finding on the forum :).

I'll also go ahead and second the recommendation of Door, even though i dont find it to be particularly smokey, just because it's TOTALLY awesome.

Banshee Beat & Dark Chocolate Pepper Smoked Caramel maybe?

Not leathery or very much like Liz, but smokey and sweet.

On Darkness would be my suggestion for a smoky sweet scent. I love Liz too, and this is one that has that same "smoke" to it.

No one has said Black Lace yet?!?

Also, Now Winter Nights Enlarge. It is one my favorite scents ever. Incensey and sweet, sweeter than Inez.

Hand of Glory! The leather and beeswax is swoonworthy and smoky goodness.

Hellfire is all smoky sweet pipe tobacco on me, just amazing.

definitely try Perversion, if you haven't already...Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

Devil's Night is definitely my favorite smoky-sweet scent. It's a Halloween LE, but it's returned a bunch of times.

Devil's Night: This is the scent of autumn night, fires in the distance, with a touch of boozy swoon, playful sugar and thuggish musk.

Smoky Moon 2009: Tristesses de la Lune, if you can find it! It's not particularly sweet, but it is fairly light and smoky and gorgeous. :wub2:

Notes: soft sandalwood, nicotiana, and velvety orris drifting over lustrous pale musks, stephanotis, elemi, and cyclamen.

OMG! I forgot Old Demons of the First Class!!!!

Tobacco Honey, too.

They are both smokey sweet AND have a nice, light lift to them.

I'll cut right to the chase.

Normally, I'm all about bright candy and fruity scents. But recently I discovered that I adore Liz, which on me is primarily smoky vanilla with just a touch of floral. So, in an effort to expand my horizons, I turn to you, O-Great-BPALers! Have any recs for good sweet, smoky scents? I tend to prefer scents that are not terribly dark, but if you have one that you think is worth mentioning in spite of this, go right on ahead!

Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing about what you guys come up with. :wub2:

I found by accident that the sweet smokey scents work VERY well on me so I went looking. Here are the ones I found worked best on me... The first three are lighter than the next three.

Dracul (Diabolus) - Sweet smoky amber & orange (got a bottle of this one!)

Incantation (Bewitching Brews) - smokey sandalwood with a touch of lemon

Black Tower (Bewitching Brews) - Complex, but with smokey notes to it. Mostly woods and amber.(another bottle...)

Rumpelstilzchen (Marchen) - campfire, spices, tonka and myrrh (yet another bottle)

Smokestack (Steamworks) - smells rather like clove cigarettes. (yup, you guessed it - bottle)

Mad Meg (Salon) - fire, spice, and balsam (do I even have to say it?

Some others you might want to check out are Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil (Salon) - bourbon and brown sugar with spice, Santo Domingo (Wanderlust) sweet tobacco and flowers, & Olokun (Excolo) - sweet green/marine. I was surprised by the Olokun, I don't generally wear marine scents, but this one works on me.

Clavis

Edited by Clavis

MINAMOTO NO YORIMITSU CUTS AT THE EARTH SPIDER – Toasted sandalwood, tobacco flower, teakwood, castoreum accord, bourbon vanilla, and patchouli.

Blood Kiss

I loooove smoky-sweet blends, Liz being the best of all. :D

I think Paramatman (Orange blossom, East Indian sandalwood, and champaca) fits your criteria perfectly. It's a lovely mix of sweet orange, dry sandalwood, and smoky champaca.

Carceri d'Invenzione (Redwood, red sandalwood, black pepper, blonde tobacco and frankincense) may also work -- it's light, smooth wood that's also sweet and a touch smoky.

Vespillo (patchouli, clove, neroli, night-blooming jasmine, sage, and iris) is a bit darker, and I found the clove lightly smoky. It really reminds me of glowing embers.

I didn't get any smoke from the following blends, but you may have more luck:

Cicuta (Dry, dusty rose petals, candle smoke, frankincense, and saffron) is light and pretty. It was mostly rose and saffron on me.

Philosopher in Meditation (Smoldering woodfire embers, Galen’s Kyphi, and Abramelin incense) is light, mellow incense.

ETA: thought of more recs!

Edited by Vega

I'm bumping this thread in the hopes that some experienced bpalers might have some more recs! I'm really loving scents with a touch of smoke. BUT I still want them to be sweet and feminine. Something like Lampades (which is cranberry and smoke on my skin) or even La Befana (has "chimney dust" but smells like smokey candy to me).

I'm already planning to get my hands on Liz and Samhain, does anything else come to mind?

I just tested Blood Kiss Bonbon yesterday and it is basically sweet cocoa, smoke, and cherries. It is lovely and amazing and sweet and smoky and awesome. It is also strong like bull, and has throw like...something that throws things really well...I don't do sports. And since the Lupers are still up you can grab some and not worry about haunting the sales forum for it.

Bonfire Night is sweet and smokey, but more neutral than feminine.