Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
corva

RICE: rice steam, rice vapor, cooked rice, toasted rice, basmati and otherwise...

somehow i find myself obsessed with the smell of rice.

the steam.

the vapor.

the soft nutty ricey goodness.

basmati or not.

cooked or toasted.

something PROMINENTLY ricey.

NOT overpowered by other ingredients.

anyone?

anything?

tia!!

Lovers in a Rice Field!

I guess for me it was like a perfume version of boozy rice pudding, but if you can, give it a try. Everything smells different on different people, and possibly as it ages.

Some LEs with rice notes:

*Hungry Ghost Moon (Lunacy 2006 LE) : "Offerings of ginger candy, sugar cane, smoky vanilla and rice wine mingle with a ghost's perfume of white sandalwood, ho wood, ti, white grapefruit, crystalline musk and aloe."

*Joulumuori (Yule 2009 LE) : "Her scent invokes the comforts of Christmastime and the warmth of love and cheerful companionship: a glowing hearth, luumukiisseli, riisipuuro, and sima."

*Loosening of the Obi (current LE) : "Rice wine, white sandalwood, vanilla bean, and white musk."

*Lovers in a Ricefield (Lupercalia 2009 LE) : "Plum blossom, vanilla sandalwood, nutmeg, and wild rice."

*Großvater Tanz (Yule 2010 LE) : "rice porridge, candied fruits, heavy cream, powdered clove, and lebkuchen."

*Tissue (Lupercalia 2009) : "Rice paper, white gardenia, and raw honey."

My personal favorite is Harimise, and I think it's probably the closest to that cozy cooked rice smell. It was a Lupercalia 2010 LE with these notes: "Rice powder, osmanthus, rose geranium, magnolia, khus, and chestnut."

I also think that Egg'd Mailbox has a cooked rice smell to it, but that blend is a bit hard to find.

Edited by Little Bird

Dana O'Shee smells like warm, sweet rice with almondy milk to me (and it's GC!).

Edited by lookingglass

Corva, I am going to agree, cooking rice is one of the best smells ever!

I'll have to check some of these out :D

Young Pine Saplings from the current crop of Shunga is very rice-puddingy on me, similar to Großvater Tanz.

Young Pine Saplings from the current crop of Shunga is very rice-puddingy on me, similar to Großvater Tanz.

Um...damn. Should not have read that.

*wants*

Um...damn. Should not have read that.

*wants*

I think they expanded the order time. It looked like they were still open today.

I totally missed the 2010 lupercalia.

Must track down Harimise. Immediately.

Cooking rice is right up there with fresh bread as far as comfort smells go. Mmmm.

*Hungry Ghost Moon (Lunacy 2006 LE) : "Offerings of ginger candy, sugar cane, smoky vanilla and rice wine mingle with a ghost's perfume of white sandalwood, ho wood, ti, white grapefruit, crystalline musk and aloe."

*Joulumuori (Yule 2009 LE) : "Her scent invokes the comforts of Christmastime and the warmth of love and cheerful companionship: a glowing hearth, luumukiisseli, riisipuuro, and sima."

*Loosening of the Obi (current LE) : "Rice wine, white sandalwood, vanilla bean, and white musk."

*Lovers in a Ricefield (Lupercalia 2009 LE) : "Plum blossom, vanilla sandalwood, nutmeg, and wild rice."

*Großvater Tanz (Yule 2010 LE) : "rice porridge, candied fruits, heavy cream, powdered clove, and lebkuchen."

My personal favorite is Harimise, and I think it's probably the closest to that cozy cooked rice smell. It was a Lupercalia 2010 LE with these notes: "Rice powder, osmanthus, rose geranium, magnolia, khus, and chestnut."

I also think that Egg'd Mailbox has a cooked rice smell to it, but that blend is a bit hard to find.

I did not get a rice note in Loosening of the Obi (but it is FABULOUS), but I did get it from the 2011 Hungry Ghost Moon :) I'm not sure about differences, if any, between the 2006 and 2007 versions of it though! Likely small differences only. :)

I did not get a rice note in Loosening of the Obi (but it is FABULOUS), but I did get it from the 2011 Hungry Ghost Moon :) I'm not sure about differences, if any, between the 2006 and 2007 versions of it though! Likely small differences only. :)

The older version of Hungry ghost Moon is strongly tea dominant and sweeter, while the new has a really strong rice note.

Cooking rice is right up there with fresh bread as far as comfort smells go. Mmmm.

that is so true! I love the smell of rice. Egg Moon reminds me of rice pudding - something I actually don't like to eat, but it smells yummy.

I get a strong feeling of rice pudding from Brood XIX.

Loosening of the Obi and Manners among Men and Women in the Red Light District both have the rice wine (almost sake) feel that's really nice and I also very much enjoy Diwali, which has a rice flower note.